ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Living/stuck in a different world (almost)...

Posted by kaurrr_ 
VahegurooJeeKaKhalsa VahegurooJeeKeeFateh,

For a while, I have continuously been improving and increasing my nitnem from just the mandatory banis, focusing on strengthening my rehat and have made every conscious effort to remain attached to gurbani and naam all day. However, I have recently begun to experience 'weird' things around and within me that are a bit frightening at this point. Sometimes, I'll imagine people being around me and will find myself talking to them out loud. I often have conversations too, though I do not actually see things with my eyes. I see them in my head and imagine they are in front of me. I find myself constantly talking to myself and these people out loud, and even make facial expressions and body movements during these imaginary conversations too. I constantly find myself imaging things in my head - almost every 5 mins throughout the day, and these are all very vivid things I see in my head. Almost like a movie is playing. They are like an all-day long day dream that I can't get out of. It's like I'm living in a different world outside myself and reality. I have always been an, I guess, an 'imaginative' person since childhood, but this is very extreme from that. Although I really do not think this is Ridhi-Sidhi or anything of that sort that very oochay avastha gursikhs experience. From seeing and doing sangat with true oochay avastha guriskhs, I really know I am no where near close to this point. Mental illness does not run in my close family as far as I know either, though my parents' extended family have dealt with it. I have especially removed myself from socializing almost completely within past few months to avoid the worldly talk that I felt was keeping my away from focusing on my sikhi. I'm not sure if this may be because of being alone, though I have always been much of an independant person. Does anyone know of reasons why this may be or how to prevent/reduce these types of experiences. I try to jap naam or recit bani as soon as it happens but find that these images and conversations in my head start to begin quickly afterwards anyways. Any help will be much appreciated.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
With all due respect & mostly humbly with my limited intellect.
Once Gurbani starts doing asar, you feel fragrance, your body starts to vibrate. Corner of your eyes you see light all the time. You feel warmth of ether energy entering through your ears. You start seeing images of nature, saints, bhagats & Guru sahib jee. Your path goes into auto pilot mode. You feel at peace.

bhul chuk maaf.
Bhein Ji, do you also do SEHAJ PATH from Lareedaar Saroop of Guru Sahib Ji. Please do not mind a further question on your query.
From my experience this is some sort of mental issue, just as a safe side , consult some doctor.

Ridis/Sidhis dont come like that. Example u imagine ur mom losing some baggage etc in bus etc and then next day similar thing happens in reality , then u can assume u got ridhis / sidhis.
kaurrr_ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> VahegurooJeeKaKhalsa VahegurooJeeKeeFateh,
>
> For a while, I have continuously been improving
> and increasing my nitnem from just the mandatory
> banis, focusing on strengthening my rehat and have
> made every conscious effort to remain attached to
> gurbani and naam all day. However, I have recently
> begun to experience 'weird' things around and
> within me that are a bit frightening at this
> point. Sometimes, I'll imagine people being around
> me and will find myself talking to them out loud.
>Does
> anyone know of reasons why this may be or how to
> prevent/reduce these types of experiences. I try
> to jap naam or recit bani as soon as it happens
> but find that these images and conversations in my
> head start to begin quickly afterwards anyways.
> Any help will be much appreciated.
X

I think it may be a condition known as maladaptive daydreaming. Or another type of mental.condition.
So do consult a doctor, just to rule out that possibility.
Also do ardaas and ask gurusahib ji what is the real issue.
And before reading gurbani, try to calm urself down, take deep breaths and try to clear ur mind. And focus only on ur breath.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login