ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bhai Mahan Singh Ji and BEDAVA

Posted by MB Singh 
Bhai Mahan Singh Ji and BEDAVA
January 22, 2018 11:34AM
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

The other day, a veer ji was telling that those who left Guru Gobind Singh Ji, during the battle of Anandpur fort, after writing BEDAVA, were guided by some selfish sikhs. And he was calling those leaders of 40 Singhs as traitors. I want to be clear about it. Is there any mention of some leaders of Singhs, who approached GURU JI and later signed on BEDAVA ? And who were those? Was Bhai Mahan Singh Ji also their leader, while writing BEDAVA?

(While searching about this SAKHI on internet, I came across a write up, which denies the possibility of 40 Singhs leaving GURU JI, from Anandpur Fort.)

Please share your views, SANGAT JI.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Bhai Sahib , the story about chali muktey is quite common what gives you reason to suspect it didnt happen?. There are two sets of chale muktey one set refers to the 40 singhs that became shaheed at Chamkaur Sahib the other set refers to the Singhs who I think you are referring too.

The place where these 40 singhs became shaheed is commemorated by the Gurdwara Sri Muktsar Sahib. These deserting Singhs were from the Majha area . According to Giani Gian SIngh they deserted Guru Sahib and wrote a letter claiming they are no longer Sikhs of the Guru. They eventually came back and became shaheed their leader Maha Singh was found wounded on the battle field. Guru asked him for any desire and he asked to rip up the letter. The names of the forty singhs are: ਸਮੀਰ ਸਿੰਘ, ਸਰਜਾ ਸਿੰਘ, ਸਾਧੂ ਸਿੰਘ, ਸੁਹੇਲ ਸਿੰਘ, ਸੁਲਤਾਨ ਸਿੰਘ, ਸੋਭਾ ਸਿੰਘ, ਸੰਤ ਸਿੰਘ, ਹਰਸਾ ਸਿੰਘ, ਹਰੀ ਸਿੰਘ, ਕਰਨ ਸਿੰਘ, ਕਰਮ ਸਿੰਘ, ਕਾਲ੍ਹਾ ਸਿੰਘ, ਕੀਰਤ ਸਿੰਘ, ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਲ ਸਿੰਘ, ਖੁਸ਼ਹਾਲ ਸਿੰਘ, ਗੁਲਾਬ ਸਿੰਘ, ਗੰਗਾ ਸਿੰਘ, ਗੰਡਾ ਸਿੰਘ, ਘਰਬਾਰਾ ਸਿੰਘ, ਚੰਬਾ ਸਿੰਘ, ਜਾਦੋ ਸਿੰਘ, ਜੋਗਾ ਸਿੰਘ, ਜੰਗ ਸਿੰਘ, ਦਿਆਲ ਸਿੰਘ, ਦਰਬਾਰਾ ਸਿੰਘ, ਦਿਲਬਾਗ ਸਿੰਘ, ਧਰਮ ਸਿੰਘ, ਧੰਨਾ ਸਿੰਘ, ਨਿਹਾਲ ਸਿੰਘ, ਨਿਧਾਨ ਸਿੰਘ, ਬੂੜ ਸਿੰਘ, ਭਾਗ ਸਿੰਘ, ਭੋਲਾ ਸਿੰਘ, ਭੰਗਾ ਸਿੰਘ, ਮਹਾ ਸਿੰਘ, ਮੱਜਾ ਸਿੰਘ, ਮਾਨ ਸਿੰਘ, ਮੈਯਾ ਸਿੰਘ, ਰਾਇ ਸਿੰਘ ਅਤੇ ਲਛਮਣ ਸਿੰਘ।’
Thank you VEER JI for the message. I am not doubting it, personally. I just mentioned that some people have doubts about this SAKHI. But I wanted to know, if there is any mention of full account of events, while those 40 singhs were leaving GURU JI. Who was their leader, while leaving? Is it proper to call that leader, a traitor? I did not like any disrecpect being shown, for those, who left GURU JI (and later joined back at Sri MUKATSAR SAHIcool smiley.
Sangat Ji, I am sorry for the smiley in the above message. That was typing error.
Veer Ji , sorry if my message was not clear. I do not refer to Maha Singh as a traitor I refer him to as a Gurmukh because he became shaheed. But there was one time where he did betray. I was referring in past tense to the 40 Singhs who at one time did betray Guru Sahib and wanted to be sant sikhs instead of sant sipahi sikhs.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login