ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ways to Improve Gurmukhi

Posted by Jacfsing2 
Ways to Improve Gurmukhi
January 09, 2018 07:24PM
Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji No Fateh! I wanted to know how I could improve my Gurmukhi skills to be able to read Gurbani better, currently most stuff I've seen tends to end at Akhars without combining them together for a sound. Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Ways to Improve Gurmukhi
January 10, 2018 03:41PM
Veer Ji you could start by speaking more Punjabi at home as Das can't read or write in Punjabi but since I have excellent Punjabi speaking i found it easier to learn and pronounce Gurbani Banis in roman english using audio recordings and repeating after the paathi.
February 12, 2018 01:21PM
Try reading from kaida or panjabi teaching books. One really good kaida is called baal updesh. Also look at the website of bhagat ji. I think its called gurbani resources or something. They have pdfs of kaide and teach how to read panjabi. They also teach santhiya online. Try googling their website. And start at the basic level. They also have gareebi pothi.
February 22, 2018 01:11AM
I tried looking at Baal Updesh, and it seemed to hard for someone weak in Gurmukhi knowledge like myself. And when search "bhagat ji", on Google search I get either some Hindu king, or an Indian sweets company.
February 28, 2018 07:34PM
How about downloading scanned copies of punjabi learning books from sikhbookclub? I know for a fact they have them.
March 04, 2018 03:08AM
[www.gursevak.com]

You will find all the resources here to improve your punjabi.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login