ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sacha Sauda by Guru Ji

Posted by Harmeet Singh 
Sacha Sauda by Guru Ji
December 16, 2017 01:59PM
Daas had been writing a small children's book on Sri Guru Nanak Dev Sahib Ji for some time where I could tell the true story in line with Gurbani (e.g. Birth of Guru Nanak Dev Sahib ji being before the creation was created, etc.).

I wanted to skip the very common Sakhi of Guru Ji doing a true bargain (sacha sauda) by feeding the hungry saints in jungle. All janam sakhis mention about this but I am not very sure if Guru Ji want us to support the saints (who don't try to earn for themselves) or the poor and needy people (who even after trying can't make enough for live/study).

Does anyone know if Bhai Gurdas Ji mentioned anything about it? Also any thoughts on the above sakhi?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Sacha Sauda by Guru Ji
December 17, 2017 08:52PM
Bhai Gurdas Ji mentions that Guru Sahib is the full roop of Akal Purakh so he could of not taken birth in creation at anytime like mortals or other avtars that have come. Because he is Akal Purakh he is also Ajooni. Meaning he did not start with any karmic bondage like all other souls have. He did not start off as a jeev atma because he is parmatma.

He only took birth into this creation one time and he had no need to take birth again. He took birth for the sole purpose of liberating people. He committed the ultimate altruistic act in coming in this creation for the benefit of others. His sole aim in coming was to give Gurmat Naam and model how to live a Gurmukh life.

ਏਕਹਿ ਆਵਨ ਫਿਰਿ ਜੋਨਿ ਨ ਆਇਆ ॥

The Sacha Sauda Sakhi is a perfect example on how Guru Sahib demonstrated how we should live. I dont think feeding poor sadhus is a bad example to demonstrate. Gurbani mentions Akal Purakh is forever merciful and he provides for all creation.
ਰਿਜਕੁ ਸਮਾਹੇ ਜਲਿ ਥਲਿ ਮੀਤ ॥

Poor people often benefit from Guru Ka Langar. Guru Sahib was pleased with Bhai Nand Lal for providing to the poor in the late hours. Guru Sahib also mentions in Khalsa Raj the Khalsa will feed the poor and hungry. I

In old times, the poor had no job and could not live a householder life so many of them chose to live like wandering sadhus. Guru Sahib had mercy on them. He taught them through personal example the same way Gurmukhs are suppose to teach others through personal an example of naam japna, kirat karna, vand chhakna.

Gurmukhs dont work for personal interest. Altruism is a puratan gurmat gun. By coming into this world for the benefit of others Guru Sahib has showed us by example how to practice Gurmat-Gunns. Guru Sahib used his dasvand in feeding the poor and clothing the poor ( Bhai Meharvan JanamSakhi) to illustrate the true trade instead of the false trade of his Mayadhari khatri biological father. Naam imbued souls are not worried about financial investments. The way their naam kamaee benefit others in sangat their kirat kamaee benefit others as well.

ਘਾਲਿ ਖਾਇ ਕਿਛੁ ਹਥਹੁ ਦੇਇ ॥ਨਾਨਕ ਰਾਹੁ ਪਛਾਣਹਿ ਸੇਇ ॥੧॥
Re: Sacha Sauda by Guru Ji
December 19, 2017 04:01PM
I once asked a Gursikh about this Sakhi. I said a lot of people say it is not in line with Gurmat because Guru Sahib would never support the lifestyle of Sadhus who go begging for food and don't do Kirt. The Gursikh said that they were hungry and Guru Sahib fed them simple as that. They were hungry, Guru Sahib being Dyaal helped them. Nothing else to it. If you see a homeless person who is doing drugs and they are hungry, if you feed them food, it does not mean you are supporting their drug use, it just means you helped out a fellow human in need.

Guru Sahib knows better,

Gagan Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login