ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Medical Life Support

Posted by kaurrr_ 
Medical Life Support
November 28, 2017 07:21PM
Are sikhs allowed to use life support to help potentially save their loved ones or at least to allow them to live a few days longer?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Medical Life Support
November 29, 2017 12:23PM
yes, why not?
November 29, 2017 06:20PM
Yes totally fine.
November 30, 2017 01:38PM
Vahiguroo,
I DO NOT recommend, because useless life support caused my mother's death, with turning her from Singhni, asking before life support, "what are they going to do to me?"..to suffer a heart attack, and into a 2 days very bad deterioration of physical being coma...to early death_/\_
November 30, 2017 09:01PM
I've heard in the past that the pain we feel upon our death is based on our karams. Some feel little physical pain but some feel excruciating pain. So, I would think that using life support kind of camoflauges the pain and what we are supposed to be feeling, which I would think is wrong.

Life support also, sometimes, unnecessarily prolongs life. I've seen people go on life support many times, but it doesn't save their life. They maybe only make it another week. So, in the end the life support did not do much but artificially extend life. Maybe this person was supposed to pass sooner, but then life support, a made up medical procedure, 'changed' it.

I've heard of many Gursikhs declining chemotherapy, surgeries, etc. because they say we are given our pain and suffering and should deal with it as it comes - not try to prevent it, cover it up, or lessen it. But, I was curious if this also applies to life support because it can be a life or death type of thing.

These are just my thoughts and I do not know much which is why I am questioning it. I'm curious to know what other Gursikhs think about the topic, so that I am aware of what is rights vs. wrong when the time comes.
November 30, 2017 09:03PM
So, would euthanasia be acceptable?
December 01, 2017 06:19PM
If pain is to be experienced as our karam-phal then why does this not apply to any and all kinds of pains? Why take medicine at all for any kind of disease?
December 03, 2017 08:16PM
kaurrr_ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So, would euthanasia be acceptable?

No
It is hereditary and an absolutely horrible thing to do.
Any medical professional who takes part in so-called "assisted suicide" or euthanasia unknowingly takes on the karam of ending the life of a helpless, in pain suffering patient.
Only Vaheguru has the authority to end someone's life.
December 04, 2017 07:33PM
Hanji, I agree with that Username Jee. But, my assumption was that maybe this applies to Life Support too.
Guroo Sahib can only grant and take away life. If we are meant to die, then we are meant to die. Life support extends this time frame. If we are meant to die, many people quickly get life support so that they can last at least a few more days to weeks which is surpassing that said 'death date'. To me, this kind of seems the same as euthanasia, but I am not knowledgable enough to know if this thinking truly applies here - hence my confusion.
December 06, 2017 02:27PM
Sukhmani Sahib ATEY ALL GURBANI has JORR/ POWER to heal ALL, that medicine cannot Jio_/\_. I have witnessed this Truth, as non sikh who disapproved of my advise to Jap Vahiguroo, gave me thankful hug when witnessed this truth in last day of his loved one, becoming relieved of pain with Sukhmani Sahib path_/\_
December 07, 2017 06:17AM
I'm not a medical professional, but usually Life support at times could be worse than death for those who did get it, because extending the life to an amount it doesn't need or want causes suffering and usually people who go through it will suffer for the remainder of their lives. People who go through these life extensions aren't truly happy, but are simply suffering.
From a purely materialistic way, the it costs way more for you to live rather than die. From a Gurmat perspective only Guru Sahib can truly take pain away.
December 18, 2017 02:14PM
Here is proof that seeking medical life prolonging for shashi kapoor's kidney ailment caused rapid deterioration of his looks, sareer, as my mother suffered, from Vahiguroo given good looks...
[youtu.be]
December 18, 2017 02:28PM
Dhan Vaho Guru Granth Sahib Jio!_/\_
Dhan Sarab rog ka aukhad power of Naam (look at young looking senior doctor for being a true Gursikh; turning to Naam for healing), vs medical..
[youtu.be]

Medicine today cost thousands, while NAAM IS FREE BUT WORTH IS UNLIMITED...only PATIENCE ATEY LOVING BAROSA NEEDED_/\_
December 19, 2017 03:25PM
Vahiguroo Guru Pyareo Jio,
Would like to request Paviterr Charna hath jorr benti bhul chuk muaf for viewing movie star video, because Shashi's nephew, Rishi Kapoor, visited Gurduara and did jorey seva (post on facebook), thus, the interest to understand what happened to shashi (death news with photo posted), recalling past non amritdhari lifestyle, wasting svaas on kurr movies_/\_
December 20, 2017 11:13AM
Vahiguroo Jio kirpa so all wise to know perscription drugs, medical science only detroy natural healing capability of human body_/\_.
I declined 2 good paying income because I do not support calling people to remind them to refill their anxiety giving (as one individual mentioned during one day training I attended, to quit after much contemplation of my continued gareebi if i quit vs killing people with drugs on my conscience..;cost of percription causes him), and truly, 'Vahiguroo gift of perfect body' rapid deterioration, from minor ailment, due to lack of hygiene or lack of dharam in food preparation, that people consume daily...
bhul chuk muaf Vahiguroo
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login