ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Paap

Posted by Jacfsing2 
Paap
November 18, 2017 08:52PM
Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh! Something I wanted to know was how could I start focusing on winning against paap, as an Amritdhari; sometimes it disappoints me that I have ups and downs, and would like tips to stay in constant Gursikhi and Anand. What advice should I follow? Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Paap
November 19, 2017 07:18AM
What do you mean by 'paap' as stated in your question?
November 19, 2017 08:23PM
ਜਉ ਸੁਖ ਕਉ ਚਾਹੈ ਸਦਾ ਸਰਨਿ ਰਾਮ ਕੀ ਲੇਹ ॥ ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਸੁਨਿ ਰੇ ਮਨਾ ਦੁਰਲਭ ਮਾਨੁਖ ਦੇਹ ॥੨੭॥

You are fortunate to take Amrit, thousands no millions of sins have been destroyed. But by taking Amrit doesnt mean you have a completely clean slate. You are still reaping the sins of thousands and thousands of previous lives. The only way we can find peace or bliss in such a scenario to seek refuge in Naam. If we are sincere and beg Vaheguru Ji to save us from sin then he will save us. Who else but Vaheguru can save us from Sin?

We often think we can take Amrit and automatically become debt free without blemish, and we no longer have a begging mentality to Mericifu -Vaheguru. . A wise man once told me its better to be a repenting sinner than a self righteous saint. . This beautiful pangti by Bhagat Kabeer Ji well help you in path of Bhagti.

ਕਹੁ ਕਬੀਰ ਮੇਰੇ ਮਾਧਵਾ ਤੂ ਸਰਬ ਬਿਆਪੀ ॥ ਤੁਮ ਸਮਸਰਿ ਨਾਹੀ ਦਇਆਲੁ ਮੋਹਿ ਸਮਸਰਿ ਪਾਪੀ ॥੪॥੩॥
November 20, 2017 01:20PM
Mohkam Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What do you mean by 'paap' as stated in your
> question
When I am referring to paap, is sometimes during Amrit Vela; I only focus slightly on Simran, and a lot of it is used on me doing other stuff; sometimes I have thoughts related to Punj Chor in my daily life. Not fully focusing on Paht or Kirtan. Before I took Amrit, I used to watch kaami related stuff; which sometimes effects my maan.
December 06, 2017 01:09PM
Not thinking about countless ways in which you might sin really helps. Guru Sahib is so dayaal that Mahraaj Themselves enlighten you as to what things you can do a bit better in your Jeevan in different ways. The key thing is to not think about it too much and go with the flow.

Ultimately, every (normal) Gursikh has years to spend building the kamayee up and erasing anything they have done wrong. Amrit erases every paap for pichle janam. It's really about changing yourself and finding your inner Gurmukh in order to become pleasing to Mahraaj, not about how many mistakes you may or may not have made. If it was unknowingly, doesn't really matter.

Also, things that were done in pre-Amrit will always come back to haunt you in your Gursikhi Jeevan it's only a little test. All you've got to say to yourself is I'm Amrit dhari now. I'm Guru Gobind Singh Jees child. I'm not really that person I used to be anymore. Then forget it and carry on with your Jeevan.

Don't spend too much time dwelling on things that don't matter anymore.
December 26, 2017 02:10AM
Jacfsing2 ,

I wasn't quite keen to post, but sensed a honesty in your initial query. Whats needs to be corrected is approach.

1.Youths today seeks guidance and seek everywhere except from SatGuroo Granth Sahib Maharaj. You should take your questions and dubidha to Satguroo Granth Sahib and have faith he will hold your hand , provided you listen & obey him honestly.

Not seek guidance from mere mortals on online forums or platform for answers for atamic/personal difficulties.
Thesedays, piety in speech doesn't necessarily mean piety in hirda & character.
Such is kalyug.
This dass has seen this reality with my own eyes.

ਮਃ ੩ ॥
ਅੰਤਰਿ ਕਪਟੁ ,ਭਗਉਤੀ ਕਹਾਏ ॥
ਪਾਖੰਡਿ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਕਦੇ ਨ ਪਾਏ ॥ .....

Such is the situation today, people want to preach gurmat(various online mediums) to gain 'worldly self recognition' due to the influence of houmei. Such is the heavy clout of maya over them.

ਅੰਦਰਹੁ ਝੂਠੇ ਪੈਜ ਬਾਹਰਿ, ਦੁਨੀਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਫੈਲੁ ॥

Then why cling to such fragile support in the first place?

SatGuroo isn't judgmental, he is free of sin & above maya. He is vahiguroo roop himself. Normal mortals no matter how externally rehitvaan, may not be free from clutches of maya. (unless a genuinely humble athai pehri ).

So seek your guidance from SatGuroo(Gurbani)....and make it a lifetime asool. This is what it means to be Sikh of Satguroo:
ਮੈ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਆਧਾਰੁ ਹੈ, ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਲਾਗਿ ਰਹਾਉ ॥੮॥

2. Gurvaak's relevant to context of your query:

- Through out ones whole life:

ਸਾਧੋ ਇਹੁ ਜਗੁ ਭਰਮ ਭੁਲਾਨਾ ॥

ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮ ਕਾ ਸਿਮਰਨੁ ਛੋਡਿਆ, ਮਾਇਆ ਹਾਥਿ ਬਿਕਾਨਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

- Even while earning Gurmat(bandhagi & rehit) throughout ones jivan, this gurvaak serves as a heavy reminder from SatGuroo:

ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਕਰਹਿ ; ਨਿਤ ਕਪਟੁ ਕਮਾਵਹਿ, ਹਿਰਦਾ ਸੁਧੁ ਨ ਹੋਈ ॥

ਅਨਦਿਨੁ ਕਰਮ ਕਰਹਿ ਬਹੁਤੇਰੇ ਸੁਪਨੈ ਸੁਖੁ ਨ ਹੋਈ ॥੧॥

Chota veer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login