Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Written Sakhi - Bandi Chor

Posted by Vista 
Written Sakhi - Bandi Chor
October 16, 2017 10:25AM
Vahiguroo jee kaa Khalsa
Vahiguro jee kee Fateh

Dass has a bentee to sangat to share written sakhiaa of Bandi Chor Divas.

I was recently reading some sources and it says Guru Sahib was in Gwalior Fort for One Year another says Two Years and Persian records, such as Dabistan i Mazahib suggest he was kept in jail for twelve years.

Please could Sangat kindly clear that up also jee. I always have known it to be 2 years.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
I would be more skeptical of sources from non-Gursikhs. 12 years seems like number far too stretched. For Gursikhs darshan of their Guru is like the fire flys darshan for fire, the whole panth would have been shaheed if Guru Sahib was imprisoned for 12 years. 1-2 years seems more reasonable personally I would agree with one year.

According to history Guru Sahib was only suppose to say for 40 days to do Jap-Tap. When Guru Sahib went to the fort he was accompanied with 5 Gursikhs. What Jap-Tap did Guru Sahib do? According to history Kirtan and Degh was a regular feature when Guru Sahib was at Fort Gwailor. Guru Sahib turned prison into Sach Khand the way Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Ji and Shaheed Bhai Fauja Singh Ji did with their daily diwans.
During this time Jahangirs political opponents came out of despair and became very close to Guru Sahib. After the 40 days its possible that Jahangir felt threatened by Guru Sahibs popularity and made him a prisoner. The Sikhs who accompanied Guru Sahib left to inform sangat and the sangat protested. Sikhs would regularly meet on Vaisakhi and Diwali to discuss panthic issues, and if Jahangir would have postponed this panthic meeting the consequences would have been enormous. So I dont see Guru Sahib staying there for longer than a year.
I didnt want to create any shanka before the celebration of Bandhi Chhor, but the actual time spent at Fort Gwailor did not exceed 2 months. Modern scholars have given dates date reach from one year to multiple years, but books based on Gurmat Mysticism say no longer than 50 days.
Re: Written Sakhi - Bandi Chor
October 20, 2017 11:21PM
Suthra Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I didnt want to create any shanka before the
> celebration of Bandhi Chhor, but the actual time
> spent at Fort Gwailor did not exceed 2 months.
> Modern scholars have given dates date reach from
> one year to multiple years, but books based on
> Gurmat Mysticism say no longer than 50 days.

Which books are these? It would be good if you quoted your sources.
Gurbilas by Bhai Sohan Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login