Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Managing a newborn and your routine

Posted by nasamajh 
Managing a newborn and your routine
September 13, 2017 08:00PM
Vaheguroo ji ka Khalsa,
Vaheguroo ji ki Fateh!

I am a new mom and wanted to know how gursikh bibian manage their routine right after childbirth. I was told that babies take time and should be able set a routine by 1.5 to 3 months but what about the time before that. How do biban manage doing ishnaan, nitnem at the right time, activites/excercises for healing or other household chores that need attention.

Vaheguroo ji ka Khalsa,
Vaheguroo ji ki Fateh!
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Some suggestions
VahegurooJeeKaaKhalsaaVahegurooJeeKeeFatehe!!

Every baby is different and every baby has a different time when they are able to set in a routine. You just have to try extra hard and think of Rehit and Amritvela as a priority no matter what. It is hard, but it is so worth it. Personally I was lucky enough to get full support from my husband and was encouraged every Amritvela even through the healing process. If you don't have family to help then you would really have to either find other gursikhs in your area who are close to you to help you out. There is no shame in asking for help after childbirth, sometimes people just don't know if you need help or not. Also only do what really needs to be done. At the time of healing just take care of yourself and the baby, other household chores can wait if they are not important. Give your body the rest it needs to heal properly and then you can manage everything. Just ask your husband or family members to help out when needed. Hope it helps.

Anokh Kaur
Dhanwaad ji!
Bohot bohot dhanwaad ji! smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login