ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New app suggestion

Posted by Charanjeet singh 
New app suggestion
August 16, 2017 10:10AM
As sikhs we all know the importance of raag as our guru ji has instructed us to do kirtan in raags. But there is a lack of awareness.

I was thinking that i have knowledge about raags next to zero. But i enjoy listening kirtan in it. Even when I'm listening to raag kirtan i cannot differentiate or identify which raag is been sung.

So i was wondering if we can have an app which contains different shabads in accordance with the raag with details of specific variation (as i read somewhere that there are alot of variations even in a single raag).

It may also carry about the mood of raag and in which hour it should be sung along with some additional information... It can also have the option of different kirtani's singing a specific raag..

It may help to create awareness among raags. Gursikhs with specified knowledge and skills should help to create a project like this...

Bhul chuk maaf

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa
Waheguru ji ki Fateh..
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: New app suggestion
August 16, 2017 12:47PM
Wonderful idea. Kirtan in Raags gives immense Anand if the Shabad prevails over Raag.

Kulbir Singh
August 24, 2017 09:49AM
VJKKVJKF Charanjeet Singh,

In reality even the majority of people who listen to Shastriya Sangeet don't have knowledge of Raags, and only after a lot of listening is one able to differentiate between Raags, usually by recognising the common phrases (chalans) which are unique to each Raag. The point being one doesn't have to understand Raags to appreciate them and when it comes to Gurmat Sangeet, as Bhai Kulbir Singh has suggested, the Shabad prevails as per parampara of Gurmat Sangeet.

Saying all that, more knowledge of Raags can only enhance one's appreciation of Gurmat Sangeet, of the skill of a Raagi and the Greatness of Guru Sahib.

With that in mind, I'd highly recommend going through this series of YouTube Videos by Anuja Kamat which goes through the basic theory of Shastriya Sangeet : Basic Theory of Indian Classical Music

On top of that, I'd also recommend going through the series 'Raag Naad Shabad Sohne' by FatehTV, presented by Principal Sukhwant Singh (Jawaddi Taksal): FatehTV : Raag Naad Shabad Sohne

Each episode contains all the information you mentioned. At the beginning of each episode, Principal Sahib goes through the Raag and it's various faculties before a Shabad in the Raag is sung by a Raagi. It really is an excellent series and should be promoted more.
August 26, 2017 09:57AM
Most raagis who sing in "pakke raag", make a basic mistake; mistake of giving the raag upper place over gurbani words being sing. Countless times I've seen raagi doing long alaap and sur manipulations in which the actual words of shabad are almost lost. They forget that its the Gurbani which contains spiritual medicine , raag is just a medium for serving the medicine.

I think that raag is nothing special in itself. Its just a combination of notes and its purpose it to attract the mind so as to help make a connection with gurbani in an enjoyable way. If it does not do that, its useless.
August 26, 2017 11:04AM
ਹੁਣ ਇਹ ਲਿੰਕ ਦੇਖੋ

ਦੱਸੋ ਏਹਦੇ ਵਿਚ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਨੂ ਪ੍ਰਮੁਖਤਾ ਤੇ ਰੱਖਿਆ ਗਿਆ ਹੈ ? ਕੀ ਜਦੋਂ ਏਹਨੂੰ ਸੁਣਿਆ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ ਤਾਂ ਮਨ ਨੂੰ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਦਾ ਸਪਰਸ਼ ਪੂਰਾ ਮਿਲਦਾ ਹੈ ਕੀ ਆਵਾਜ਼ਾਂ ਦੇ ਉਤਾਰ ਚੜਾ ਚ ਫਸ ਕੇ ਰਹਿ ਜਾਈਦਾ ਹੈ ?
ਗੱਲ ਤਾਂ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਨੂੰ ਪਿਆਰ ਤੇ ਸੁਆਦ ਨਾਲ ਗਾਉਣ ਦੀ ਐ . ਇਹ ਸੁਰਾਂ ਦੇ ਅੰਤਹੀਣ ਉਤਰਾ ਚੜਾ ਦਾ ਕੀਰਤਨ ਵਿਚ ਕੀ ਕੰਮ ?

https://youtu.be/2zJv53lbSEk?t=3m34s

ਸਗੋਂ ਕੋਈ ਮੰਨੇ ਚਾਹੇ ਨਾ ਮੰਨੇ, ਇਹ ਹਉਮੈ ਨੂੰ ਪੱਠੇ ਨੇ , ਮਨ ਨੂੰ ਮਾਣ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ ਕੀ ਦੇਖੋ ਮੈਂ ਕਿੰਨਾ ਵੱਡਾ ਕਲਾਕਾਰ ਹਾਂ , ਲੋਕ ਤਾਂ ਐਂਵੇ ਫਿਰਦੇ ਨੇ
August 31, 2017 07:21AM
[m.facebook.com]
August 31, 2017 07:39AM
Vahiguroo Jio dhan atey Navroop Singh ji dhan for sharing,
[youtu.be]
August 31, 2017 07:00PM
bhul chuk muaf the facebook link post, was an error ji_/\_.
I meant to share a post by AKJ New Zealand Bhai Vir Singh Jio explanation of singing keertan ONLY FOR VAHIGUROO, and not anyone else, or for praise or for maya_/\_ ji.
I copied link but it was only link to facebook video, not youtube.
Vahiguroo Jio kirpa as computer technology change is not easy to keep up a computer dummy_/\_
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login