ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Memorizing Asa Ki Vaar

Posted by kojak kaur 
Memorizing Asa Ki Vaar
April 07, 2017 01:08PM
Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki fateh

Sorry if this is a repeat topic. If it is, please post the link to the thread, because I searched for a thread with Asa Ki Vaar (with varying spelling) but couldn't find any.

So I've been trying to do this bani daily, TRYING. And over time it has become Sarl, but once I try to memorize it, the hardest part for me is keeping track of the Mangalchaaran. I'm sure the best way is just to repeat and repeat and repeat until I memorize it, but is there any sort of pattern?
Just wanted to get an outside perspective on how I can go about memorizing the Mangalchaaran more easily along with the rest of this beautiful bani.

thank you for any inputs, Bhul chuk maaf

kk
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Memorizing Asa Ki Vaar
April 09, 2017 04:27PM
Vaheguru Ki Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

A few points to consider.. please correct me if i'm wrong.

A. 'ਆਸਾ ਮਹਲਾ ੪' comes every 4 Shakkay. e.g.ਹਰਿ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਭਿੰਨੇ ਲੋਇਣਾ, ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਢੂੰਢਿ ਢੂਢੇਦਿਆ, ਹਰਿ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਭਗਤਿ ਭੰਡਾਰ etc..
B. 'ਸਲੋਕੁ ਮਹਲਾ ੨' only comes at the beginning of Saloks 21-23 (ਏਹ ਕਿਨੇਹੀ ਆਸਕੀ, ਚਾਕਰੁ ਲਗੈ ਚਾਕਰੀ and ਏਹ ਕਿਨੇਹੀ ਦਾਤਿ...) All other Saloks start with ਸਲੋਕੁ ਮਃ ੧ (1-20, and 24).
C. 'ਮਹਲਾ ੨' comes 13 times in total in Asa Ki Vaar, the rest are all ਮਹਲਾ ੧. The following saloks are all 'ਮਹਲਾ ੨':

1) ਜੇ ਸਉ ਚੰਦਾ ਉਗਵਹਿ (ਛਕਾ 1)
2) ਇਹੁ ਜਗੁ ਸਚੈ ਕੀ ਹੈ ਕੋਠੜੀ (ਛਕਾ 2)
3) ਹਉਮੈ ਏਹਾ ਜਾਤਿ ਹੈ (ਛਕਾ 7)
4) ਜੋਗ ਸਬਦੰ ਗਿਆਨ ਸਬਦੰ (ਛਕਾ 12)
5) ਏਕ ਕ੍ਰਿਸਨੰ (ਛਕਾ 12)
6) ਏਹ ਕਿਨੇਹੀ ਆਸਕੀ (ਛਕਾ 21)*
7) ਸਲਾਮੁ ਜਬਾਬੁ ਦੋਵੈ ਕਰੇ (ਛਕਾ 21)*
8) ਜੋ ਜੀਇ ਹੋਇ ਸੁ ਉਗਵੈ (ਛਕਾ 22)*
9) ਨਾਲਿ ਇਆਣੇ ਦੋਸਤੀ ਕਦੇ ਨ ਆਵੈ ਰਾਸਿ (ਛਕਾ 22)*
10) ਨਾਲਿ ਇਆਣੇ ਦੋਸਤੀ ਵਡਾਰੂ ਸਿਉ ਨੇਹੁ (ਛਕਾ 22)*
11) ਹੋਇ ਇਆਣਾ ਕਰੇ ਕੰਮੁ (ਛਕਾ 22)*
12) ਏਹ ਕਿਨੇਹੀ ਚਾਕਰੀ ਜਿਤੁ ਭਉ ਖਸਮ ਨ ਜਾਇ (ਛਕਾ 23)*
13) ਆਪੇ ਸਾਜੇ ਕਰੇ ਆਪਿ (ਛਕਾ 24)*

[N.B. all the saloks from 21-24 are ਮਹਲਾ ੨, apart from the start of Salok 24 (ਆਪੇ ਭਾਂਡੇ ਸਾਜਿਅਨੁ..) as mentioned in point B above]
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login