ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Past Bhagats, Mukhti and Satnaam

Posted by gsingh 
Past Bhagats, Mukhti and Satnaam
February 18, 2017 03:05PM
That Satnaam (Amrit Naam) and Amrit which many deities, angels and gods thirst after, is received only from Satguru Nanak. Guru Sahib writes:

ਸਿਮਰਹਿ ਸੋਈ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਖ ਅਰੁ ਕਿੰਨਰ ਸਾਧਿਕ ਸਿਧ ਸਮਾਧਿ ਹਰਾ ॥
The gods and heavenly heralds, the Siddhas and seekers and Shiva in Samaadhi Seek the Naam, the Name of the Lord.
ਸਿਮਰਹਿ ਨਖਤ੍ਰ ਅਵਰ ਧ੍ਰੂ ਮੰਡਲ ਨਾਰਦਾਦਿ ਪ੍ਰਹਲਾਦਿ ਵਰਾ ॥
The stars and the realms of Dhroo, and devotees like Naaraad and Prahlaad Seek this Naam.
ਸਸੀਅਰੁ ਅਰੁ ਸੂਰੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਉਲਾਸਹਿ ਸੈਲ ਲੋਅ ਜਿਨਿ ਉਧਰਿਆ ॥
The moon and the sun long for the Naam; it has saved even mountain ranges.
ਸੋਈ ਨਾਮੁ ਅਛਲੁ ਭਗਤਹ ਭਵ ਤਾਰਣੁ ਅਮਰਦਾਸ ਗੁਰ ਕਉ ਫੁਰਿਆ ॥੨॥
That Undeceivable Naam, which carries the devotees across the world-ocean, came into Guru Amar Daas. ||2||

In this Gurvaak, the word ਸਿਮਰਹਿ is commonly mis-associated with beings such as Jak(i), Kinar, Sidhs and Shiv Jee receiving and doing Bhagti of Satnaam. Within this arth, the Shabad then becomes that whichever Naam Guru Amardas Jee did Bhagti of, is the same Naam as Jak(i), Kinar, Sidhs, Shiv Jee etc did Bhagati of. To explore this further, the following Shabad should be reflected upon.

ਗੁਰ ਸੇਵਾ ਤੇ ਭਗਤਿ ਕਮਾਈ ॥
Serving the Guru, devotional worship is practiced.
ਤਬ ਇਹ ਮਾਨਸ ਦੇਹੀ ਪਾਈ ॥
Then, this human body is obtained.
ਇਸ ਦੇਹੀ ਕਉ ਸਿਮਰਹਿ ਦੇਵ ॥
Even the gods long for this human body.
ਸੋ ਦੇਹੀ ਭਜੁ ਹਰਿ ਕੀ ਸੇਵ ॥੧॥
So vibrate that human body, and think of serving the Lord. ||1||

In this Gurpramaan, the word ਸਿਮਰਹਿ means desire - emphasizing that even gods and goddesses desire this human body. To translate ਇਸ ਦੇਹੀ ਕਉ ਸਿਮਰਹਿ ਦੇਵ as meaning that the gods Simar or do Bhagti of the human body, is incorrect within this context. ਸਿਮਰਹਿ within the first shabad means desire as well. The gods long for this human body and you have this body. You have the opportunity to do Naam Abhiaas, so take advantage of this chance!

Spiritual beings such as gods, angels, Sidhs, Shiv Jee, as well as Bhagat Dhru and Prehlaad all crave Naam. The whole creation has thirst for the same Naam that Sri Guru Amar Das Jee has. This Naam can only be obtained from Satguru Nanak Dev Jee. Only in the house of Guru Nanak (through Sikhi/Khalsa Panth) is this Naam available.

ਹੰਸਾ ਸੇਤੀ ਚਿਤੁ ਉਲਾਸਹਿ ਕੁਕੜ ਦੀ ਓਡਾਰੀ ॥੨॥
Can they be swans, and fulfill their conscious desires, if they can only fly like chickens? ||2||

The word ਉਲਾਸਹਿ both here and in the first shabad means to desire. So it can be said without any doubt that the word ਸਿਮਰਹਿ within the previous Shabads means to want something - not to do Bhagti of.

Throughout all the ages, beings were only saved through Satnaam. Whenever anyone was saved through Satnaam, it was Guru Nanak Sahib that gave this Naam to them. Gurbani states: ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਬਿਸਨੁ ਸਿਰੇ ਤੈ ਅਗਨਤ ਤਿਨ ਕਉ ਮੋਹੁ ਭਯਾ ਮਨ ਮਦ ਕਾ ॥ Brahma, Vishnu and others could not save themselves, so how could they save anyone else? These spiritual beings were full of attachment; therefore, how could they save others? ਕਿਸਨੁ ਸਦਾ ਅਵਤਾਰੀ ਰੂਧਾ ਕਿਤੁ ਲਗਿ ਤਰੈ ਸੰਸਾਰਾ ॥ Vishnu is busy reincarnating himself, so who will save the world? These Avtaars were all saved only by coming into the Sharan of Satguru Nanak Dev Jee and receiving Satnaam. True Mukhti can only be achieved through Satnaam. For many ages Bhagats were born into this world; however, they never received Satnaam due to the time that they were born in. In Akaal Purakh’s will, Guru Avtaar came to this world when saving the entire planet was necessary. Very few Bhagats were saved and those who did not receive Mukhti through Guru Sahib still maintained subtle egos. This is the fault with doing Bhagti of Kirtam Naams - that the high and lofty status of true Mukhti is not attained. Some Bhagats, being devoid of Nishkaam Bhagti and attaining spiritual powers, ruined themselves. Sri Bhai Gurdas Jee writes about this in his 12th Vaar.

ਧ੍ਰੂ ਪ੍ਰਹਿਲਾਦੁ ਭਭੀਖਣੋ ਅੰਬਰੀਕੁ ਬਲਿ ਜਨਕੁ ਵਖਾਣਾ॥
Dhru, Prahlad, Vibhisan, Ambris, Bali, Janak are well known personalities.
ਰਾਜ ਕੁਆਰ ਹੋਇ ਰਾਜਸੀ ਆਸਾ ਬੰਧੀ ਚੋਜ ਵਿਡਾਣਾ॥
They all were princes, and hence the rajas game of hope and desire was always on them.
ਧ੍ਰੂ ਮਤਰੇਈ ਚੰਡਿਆ ਪੀਉ ਫੜਿ ਪ੍ਰਹਿਲਾਦੁ ਰਞਾਣਾ॥
Dhru was beaten up by his stepmother and Prahlad was caused to suffer by his father.
ਭੇਦੁ ਭਭੀਖਣੁ ਲੰਕ ਲੈ ਅੰਬਰੀਕੁ ਲੈ ਚਕ੍ਰੁ ਲੁਭਾਣਾ॥
Vibhisan got Lanka by divulging the secrets of home and Ambris became happy seeing the Sugarcane chakr, as his protector (to save Ambris from the curse of Durvasa, Vishnu had sent his chakr).
ਪੈਰ ਕੜਾ ਹੇ ਜਨਕ ਦਾ ਕਰਿ ਪਾਖੰਡੁ ਧਰਮ ਧਿਙਤਾਣਾ॥
Janak by keeping one leg into the soft bedding and another into the boiling cauldron showed his power of hath Yoga and let down the real dharma.
ਆਪੁ ਗਵਾਇ ਵਿਗੁਚਣਾ ਦਰਗਹ ਪਾਏ ਮਾਣੁ ਨਿਮਾਣਾ॥
The man who has eschewed his ego and has subsumed in the Lord is respected in the court of Lord.
ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਸੁਖ ਫਲੁ ਪਤਿ ਪਰਵਾਣਾ ॥੧੪॥
Only Gurmukhs have attained the fruits of delight and only they are accepted (here and hereafter).(14)

Different types of Liberation:

Comparing Bhagats from previous ages and during Kaljug, Bhai Gurdas Jee came to the conclusion that Bhagats of Satnaam were able to rid even the smallest form of ego from within themselves. Bhai Gurdas Jee describes the difference between Bhagats in previous ages and Gurmukh Bhagats in Kaljug, in the following Pauri:

ਕਲਜੁਗਿ ਨਾਮਾ ਭਗਤੁ ਹੋਇ ਫੇਰਿ ਦੇਹੁਰਾ ਗਾਇ ਜਿਵਾਈ॥
In Kalyuga, a devotee named Naamdev made the temple rotate and dead cow alive.
ਭਗਤੁ ਕਬੀਰੁ ਵਖਾਣੀਐ ਬੰਦੀ ਖਾਨੇ ਤੇ ਉਠਿ ਜਾਈ॥
It is said Kabir used to go out of prison as and when he liked.
ਧੰਨਾ ਜਟੁ ਉਧਾਰਿਆ ਸਧਨਾ ਜਾਤਿ ਅਜਾਤਿ ਕਸਾਈ॥
Dhanna, the jat (farmer) and Sadhana born in a known low cast butcher got across the world ocean.
ਜਨੁ ਰਵਿਦਾਸੁ ਚਮਾਰੁ ਹੋਇ ਚਹੁ ਵਰਨਾ ਵਿਚਿ ਕਰਿ ਵਡਿਆਈ॥
Considering Ravi Das a devotee of the Lord, all the four varnas praise him.
ਬੇਣਿ ਹੋਆ ਅਧਿਆਤਮੀ ਸੈਣੁ ਨੀਚੁ ਕੁਲੁ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਨਾਈ॥
Beni, the saint was a spiritualist, and born in a so-called low barber caste Sain was a devotee (of Lord).
ਪੈਰੀ ਪੈ ਪਾ ਖਾਕ ਹੋਇ ਗੁਰਸਿਖਾਂ ਵਿਚਿ ਵਡੀ ਸਮਾਈ॥
Falling at and becoming the dust of the feet is the great trance for the Sikhs of the Guru (their caste should not be considered).
ਅਲਖੁ ਲਖਾਇ ਨ ਅਲਖੁ ਲਖਾਈ ॥੧੫॥
The devotees, though they behold the imperceptible Lord, yet do not disclose this to anyone.(15)

Gursikh Bhagats of Satnaam reached a higher status than the Bhagats mentioned above. Bhagats of Kirtam Naam cannot achieve the level that Guru Nanak Sahib Jee’s Sikhs can attain. The only thing that needs to be said is that the place where Dhru reached is very far from Sach Khand. This same example can be applied to all of the other Bhagats that did not receive Naam (they too did not reach Sach Khand).

There are different types of Mukhti. The Bhagats mentioned in this Pauri were Mukhat as well. Being saved from reincarnation is a type of Mukhti. For those who seek it, being saved from hell and finding a place in heaven is another type of Mukhti. Above heaven there are other realms and those that reside in these realms are also considered Mukhat. Those in Karam Khand are also Mukhat. That being said, the highest type of Mukhti is reserved for those Gursikhs that are in love with Akaal Purakh`s Charan Kamal. ਰਾਜੁ ਨ ਚਾਹਉ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਨ ਚਾਹਉ ਮਨਿ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ਚਰਨ ਕਮਲਾਰੇ ॥ With their Nishkaam Bhagti, (Bhagti done only out of love for Akaal Purakh and nothing else), these Gurmukhs receive supreme status. They achieve this:

ਮਾਨ ਮੋਹ ਅਰੁ ਲੋਭ ਵਿਕਾਰਾ ਬੀਓ ਚੀਤਿ ਨ ਘਾਲਿਓ ॥
Pride, emotional attachment, greed and corruption are gone; I have not placed anything else, other than the Lord, within my consciousness.
ਨਾਮ ਰਤਨੁ ਗੁਣਾ ਹਰਿ ਬਣਜੇ ਲਾਦਿ ਵਖਰੁ ਲੈ ਚਾਲਿਓ ॥੧॥
I have purchased the jewel of the Naam and the Glorious Praises of the Lord; loading this merchandise, I have set out on my journey. ||1||
ਸੇਵਕ ਕੀ ਓੜਕਿ ਨਿਬਹੀ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ॥
The love which the Lord's servant feels for the Lord lasts forever.
ਜੀਵਤ ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਸੇਵਿਓ ਅਪਨਾ ਚਲਤੇ ਰਾਖਿਓ ਚੀਤਿ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
In my life, I served my Lord and Master, and as I depart, I keep Him enshrined in my consciousness. ||1||Pause||
ਜੈਸੀ ਆਗਿਆ ਕੀਨੀ ਠਾਕੁਰਿ ਤਿਸ ਤੇ ਮੁਖੁ ਨਹੀ ਮੋਰਿਓ ॥
I have not turned my face away from my Lord and Master's Command.
ਸਹਜੁ ਅਨੰਦੁ ਰਖਿਓ ਗ੍ਰਿਹ ਭੀਤਰਿ ਉਠਿ ਉਆਹੂ ਕਉ ਦਉਰਿਓ ॥੨॥
He fills my household with celestial peace and bliss; if He asks me to leave, I leave at once. ||2||
ਆਗਿਆ ਮਹਿ ਭੂਖ ਸੋਈ ਕਰਿ ਸੂਖਾ ਸੋਗ ਹਰਖ ਨਹੀ ਜਾਨਿਓ ॥
When I am under the Lord's Command, I find even hunger pleasurable; I know no difference between sorrow and joy.
ਜੋ ਜੋ ਹੁਕਮੁ ਭਇਓ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਕਾ ਸੋ ਮਾਥੈ ਲੇ ਮਾਨਿਓ ॥੩॥
Whatever the Command of my Lord and Master is, I bow my forehead and accept it. ||3|| ਭਇਓ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਲੁ ਠਾਕੁਰੁ ਸੇਵਕ ਕਉ ਸਵਰੇ ਹਲਤ ਪਲਾਤਾ ॥
The Lord and Master has become merciful to His servant; He has embellished both this world and the next.
ਧੰਨੁ ਸੇਵਕੁ ਸਫਲੁ ਓਹੁ ਆਇਆ ਜਿਨਿ ਨਾਨਕ ਖਸਮੁ ਪਛਾਤਾ ॥੪॥੫॥
Blessed is that servant, and fruitful is his birth; O Nanak, he realizes his Lord and Master. ||4||5||

According to this Shabad, this type of liberation is reserved only for Gursikhs who receive Satnaam. It is only through the Guru Ghar that this priceless Naam can be obtained. Without this Satnaam, many avtaars, sages and others have come and gone. Sri Dasmesh Jee makes this clear:

ਜਿਹ ਕੋਟਿ ਇੰਦ੍ਰ ਨ੍ਰਿਪਾਰ ॥
He who hath created millions of King Indras,
ਕਈ ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਬਿਸਨ ਬਿਚਾਰ ॥
He hath created many Brahmas and Vishnus after consideration.
ਕਈ ਰਾਮ ਕ੍ਰਿਸਨ ਰਸੂਲ ॥
He hath created many Ramas, Krishnas and Rasuls (Prophets),
ਬਿਨ ਭਗਤਿ ਕੋ ਨ ਕਬੂਲ ॥੮॥੩੮॥
None of them are approved by the Lord without devotion. 8.38.

ਜਛ ਭੁਜੰਗ ਸੁ ਦਾਨਵ ਦੇਵ ਅਭੇਵ ਤੁਮੈ ਸਭ ਹੀ ਕਰਿ ਧਿਆਵੈ ॥
The Yakshas, serpents, demons and gods meditate on Thee considering Thee as Indiscriminate.
ਭੂਮਿ ਅਕਾਸ ਪਤਾਲ ਰਸਾਤਲ ਜਛ ਭੁਜੰਗ ਸਭੈ ਸਿਰ ਨਿਆਵੈ ॥
The beings of the earth, Yakshas of the sky and the serpents of the netherworld bow their heads before Thee.
ਪਾਇ ਸਕੈ ਨਹੀ ਪਾਰ ਪ੍ਰਭਾ ਹੂੰ ਕੋ ਨੇਤਿ ਹੀ ਨੇਤਹ ਬੇਦ ਬਤਾਵੈ ॥
None could comprehend the limits of Thy Glory and even the Vedas declare Thee as ‘Neti, Neti’
ਖੋਜ ਥਕੇ ਸਭ ਹੀ ਖੁਜੀਆਸੁਰ ਹਾਰ ਪਰੇ ਹਰਿ ਹਾਥਿ ਨ ਆਵੈ ॥੭॥੨੪੯॥
All the searchers have gotten tired in their search and none of them could realize the Lord. 7.249.
ਨਾਰਦ ਸੇ ਚਤੁਰਾਨਨ ਸੇ ਰੁਮਨਾਰਿਖ ਸੇ ਸਭਹੂੰ ਮਿਲਿ ਗਾਇਓ ॥
Narada, Brahma and the sage Rumna all together sung Thy Praises.
ਬੇਦ ਕਤੇਬ ਨ ਭੇਦ ਲਖਿਓ ਸਭ ਹਾਰਿ ਪਰੇ ਹਰਿ ਹਾਥਿ ਨ ਆਇਓ ॥
The Vedas and Katebs could not know His secret - all have gotten tired, but the Lord could not be realised.
ਪਾਇ ਸਕੈ ਨਹੀ ਪਾਰ ਉਮਾਪਤਿ ਸਿਧ ਸਨਾਥ ਸਨੰਤਨ ਧਿਆਇਓ ॥
Shiva also could not know His limits the adepts (Siddhas) along with Naths and Sanak etc. meditated upon Him.
ਧਿਆਨ ਧਰੋ ਤਿਹ ਕੋ ਮਨ ਮੈ ਜਿਹ ਕੋ ਅਮਿਤੋਜ ਸਭੈ ਜਗਿ ਛਾਇਓ ॥੮॥੨੫੦॥
Concentrate upon Him in thy mind, whose Unlimited Glory is spread in all the world.8.250.

ਕੇਤੇ ਇੰਦ੍ਰ ਦੁਆਰ ਕੇਤੇ ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਮੁਖਚਾਰ ਕੇਤੇ ਕ੍ਰਿਸਨ ਅਵਤਾਰ ਕੇਤੇ ਰਾਮ ਕਹੀਅਤੁ ਹੈਂ ॥
There are many Indras, many four-headed Brahmas, many incarnations of Krishna and many called Ram at His Gate.
ਕੇਤੇ ਸਸਿ ਰਾਸੀ ਕੇਤੇ ਸੂਰਜ ਪ੍ਰਕਾਸੀ ਕੇਤੇ ਮੁੰਡੀਆ ਉਦਾਸੀ ਜੋਗ ਦੁਆਰ ਦਹੀਅਤੁ ਹੈਂ ॥
There are many moons, many signs of Zodiac and many illuminating suns, there are many ascetics, stoics and Yogis consuming their bodies with austerity at His Gate.
ਕੇਤੇ ਮਹਾਦੀਨ ਕੇਤੇ ਬਿਆਸ ਸੇ ਪ੍ਰਬੀਨ ਕੇਤੇ ਕੁਮੇਰ ਕੁਲੀਨ ਕੇਤੇ ਜਛ ਕਹੀਅਤੁ ਹੈਂ ॥ There are many Muhammads, many adepts like Vyas, many Kumars (Kubers) and many belonging to high clans and many are called Yakshas.
ਕਰਤੇ ਹੈ ਬਿਚਾਰ ਪੈ ਨ ਪੂਰਨ ਕੋ ਪਾਵੈ ਪਾਰ ਤਾਹੀ ਤੇ ਅਪਾਰ ਨਿਰਾਧਾਰ ਲਹੀਅਤੁ ਹੈਂ ॥੫॥੨੫੭॥ All of them reflect upon Him, but none can know His limit; therefore, they consider the Infinite Lord Supportless.5.257.

ਕਿਤੇ ਕ੍ਰਿਸਨ ਸੇ ਕੀਟ ਕੋਟੈ ਬਨਾਏ ॥
Somewhere He hath created millions of the servants like Krishna!
ਕਿਤੇ ਰਾਮ ਸੇ ਮੇਟਿ ਡਾਰੇ ਉਪਾਏ ॥
Somewhere He hath effaced and then created (many) like Rama!
ਮਹਾਦੀਨ ਕੇਤੇ ਪ੍ਰਿਥੀ ਮਾਝਿ ਹੂਏ ॥
Many Muhammads had been on the earth!
ਸਮੈ ਆਪਨੀ ਆਪਨੀ ਅੰਤਿ ਮੂਏ ॥੨੭॥
They were born and then died in their own times! 27
ਜਿਤੇ ਅਉਲੀਆ ਅੰਬੀਆ ਹੋਇ ਬੀਤੇ ॥
All the Prophets and saints of the past were conquered by Death (KAL)!
ਤਿਤ੍ਰਯੋ ਕਾਲ ਜੀਤਾ ਨ ਤੇ ਕਾਲ ਜੀਤੇ ॥
But none could conquer it (him)!
ਜਿਤੇ ਰਾਮ ਸੇ ਕ੍ਰਿਸਨ ਹੁਇ ਬਿਸਨੁ ਆਏ ॥
All the incarnations of Vishnu like Rama and Krishan were destroyed by KAL!
ਤਿਤ੍ਰਯੋ ਕਾਲ ਖਾਪਿਓ ਨ ਤੇ ਕਾਲ ਘਾਏ ॥੨੮॥
But they could not destroy him! 28
ਜਿਤੇ ਇੰਦ੍ਰ ਸੇ ਚੰਦ੍ਰ ਸੇ ਹੋਤ ਆਏ ॥
All the indras and Chandras (moons) who came into being were destroyed by KAL!
ਤਿਤ੍ਰਯੋ ਕਾਲ ਖਾਪਾ ਨ ਤੇ ਕਾਲਿ ਘਾਏ ॥
But they could not destroy him!
ਜਿਤੇ ਅਉਲੀਆ ਅੰਬੀਆ ਗਉਸ ਹ੍ਵੈ ਹੈਂ ॥
All those Prophets, saints and hermits, who came into being!
ਸਭੈ ਕਾਲ ਕੇ ਅੰਤ ਦਾੜਾ ਤਲੈ ਹੈ ॥੨੯॥
Were all ultimately crushed under the grinder tooth of KAL! 29
ਜਿਤੇ ਮਾਨਧਾਤਾਦਿ ਰਾਜਾ ਸੁਹਾਏ ॥
All the glorious kings like Mandhata were all bound down!
ਸਭੈ ਬਾਧਿ ਕੈ ਕਾਲ ਜੇਲੈ ਚਲਾਏ ॥
And thrown in the noose of KAL!
ਜਿਨੈ ਨਾਮ ਤਾ ਕੋ ਉਚਾਰੋ ਉਬਾਰੇ ॥
Those who have remembered the Name of the Lord, have been saved!
ਬਿਨਾ ਸਾਮ ਤਾ ਕੀ ਲਖੇ ਕੋਟਿ ਮਾਰੇ ॥੩੦॥
Without coming under His refuge, millions are considered as having been killed by KAL! 30

Evidently, this true Naam only comes from the Taksal of Guru Nanak Sahib. Sri Guru Gurdev Guru Granth Sahib Jee and Panj Pyare have the authority to give this Naam. So let’s bow before this Gurdev through Bhai Gurdas Jee:

ਨਮਸਕਾਰ ਗੁਰਦੇਵ ਕੋ ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮ ਜਿਸ ਮੰਤ੍ਰ ਸੁਣਾਇਆ॥
I bow before the Guru (Guru Nanak Dev) who recited the Satnam Mantra (for the world).
ਭਵਜਲ ਵਿਚੋਂ ਕਢਿ ਕੇ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਪਦਾਰਥ ਮਾਹਿ ਸਮਾਇਆ॥
Getting (the creatures) across the World Ocean he raptly merged them in liberation.
ਜਨਮ ਮਰਣ ਭਉ ਕਟਿਆ ਸੰਸਾ ਰੋਗੁ ਵਿਯੋਗ ਮਿਟਾਇਆ॥
He destroyed the fear of transmigration and also the malady of doubt and separation.
ਸੰਸਾ ਇਹੁ ਸੰਸਾਰੁ ਹੈ ਜਨਮ ਮਰਣ ਵਿਚਿ ਦੁਖ ਸਬਾਇਆ॥
The world is only illusion which carried with it much of birth, death and sufferings.
ਜਮ ਦੰਡ ਸਿਰੋਂ ਨ ਉਤਰੈ ਸਾਕਤ ਦੁਰਜਨ ਜਨਮੁ ਗਵਾਇਆ॥
The fear of the rod of Yama is not dispelled and the Sakts, the followers of the Goddess, have lost their lives in vain.
ਚਰਨ ਗਹੇ ਗੁਰਦੇਵ ਦੇ ਸਤਿ ਸਬਦ ਦੇ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਕਰਾਇਆ॥
Those who have caught hold of the feet of the Guru have been liberated through the True Word.
ਭਾਉ ਭਗਤਿ ਗੁਰਪੁਰਬਿ ਕਰਿ ਨਾਮ ਦਾਨ ਇਸਨਾਨੁ ਦ੍ਰਿੜਾਇਆ॥
Now being full of loving Devotion they celebrate the Gurpurbs (anniversaries of the Gurus) and their acts of remembrance of God, Charity and Holy Ablutions, inspire others also.
ਜੇਹਾ ਬੀਉ ਤੇਹਾ ਫਲੁ ਪਾਇਆ ॥੧॥
As someone sows, so he reaps.(1)

-From Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh’s Book Gurmat Parkash
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Past Bhagats, Mukhti and Satnaam
February 22, 2017 05:54PM
"In this Gurpramaan, the word ਸਿਮਰਹਿ means desire - emphasizing that even gods and goddesses desire this human body."

Interesting, I did not know that Simreh also means desire.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login