ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ਅਰਾਧੀ vs ਧਿਆਈ

Posted by Mehtab Singh 
ਜੇ ਸੁਖੁ ਦੇਹਿ ਤ ਤੁਝਹਿ ਅਰਾਧੀ ਦੁਖਿ ਭੀ ਤੁਝੈ ਧਿਆਈ ॥੨॥
If You will bless me with happiness, then I will worship and adore You. Even in pain, I will meditate on You. ||2||

Can someone please help understand the basic difference between ਅਰਾਧੀ and ਧਿਆਈ. Does it mean our mind/soul remembers Vaheguru differently during ਸੁਖੁ and ਦੁਖਿ ?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook

Can someone please help understand the basic difference between ਅਰਾਧੀ and ਧਿਆਈ. Does it mean our mind/soul remembers Vaheguru differently during ਸੁਖੁ and ਦੁਖਿ ?

Generally, Aaradhna means pooja, the whole act of worshiping. Dhyaaona means to meditate. So basically, Dhyaaona is part of the Gurmat Aaradhna.

In this particular Pankiti, it seems like these two verbs ਅਰਾਧੀ and ਧਿਆਈ are being used as synonyms. However if one does profound contemplation of this Pankiti, then one arrives at the conclusion that when one is in Sukh (happiness) then one can do full Aaradhna i.e. Naam Abhyaas with full Maryada since there is nothing restraining one to do so but in Dukh, one may be bonded due to shackles of Dukh, and one may be able to do only Dhyaaona of Naam. Rest Guru Sahib knows the best.

Kulbir Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login