ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sri Guru Ramdas Sahib Ji

Posted by Harmeet Singh 
Sri Guru Ramdas Sahib Ji
January 03, 2017 01:52PM
Bhai Kulbir Singh Ji and others, please provide your valuable feedback so I can continue learning and improving on my poetry.

Sri Guru Ramdas Sahib Ji

ਸੋਹਣਾ-ਸੁਨੱਖਾ ਹੱਸਮੁੱਖ ਚਹਿਰਾ, ਕੀ ਦੱਸਾਂ ਓਹਦੀ ਬਾਤ ਲਾਸਾਨੀ
ਛੋਟੀ ਉਮਰੇ ਅਨਾਥ ਹੋ ਗਿਆ, ਸੱਤ ਸਾਲਾ ਓਹ ਦਿਲ ਦਾ ਦਾਨੀ
ਸਾਕ ਸੰਬੰਧੀਆਂ ਪੁੱਛ ਨ ਕੀਤੀ, ਬਾਸਰਕੇ ਲੈ ਆਈ ਉਸਦੀ ਨਾਨੀ
ਨਾਮ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਲੈ ਸਤਿਗੁਰਾਂ ਤੋਂ, ਰਾਮਦਾਸ ਪਾਇਆ ਪਦ ਨਿਰਬਾਨੀ

ਕਿਰਤ-ਵਿਰਤ ਲਈ ਘੁੰਘਣੀਆਂ ਵੇਚ, ਦਿਨ ਰਾਤੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਸੇਵ ਕਮਾਈ
ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਪਰਖ ਕੇ ਜੋਤ ਅਮੁੱਲੀ, ਆਪਣੀ ਧੀ ਉਸ ਨਾਲ ਵਿਆਹੀ
ਰਿਦੈ ਗਰੀਬੀ, ਕਰ ਇਸ਼ਕ ਹਕੀਕੀ, ਰਾਮਦਾਸ ਨੂੰ ਮਿਲੀ ਗੁਰਿਆਈ
ਸਿੱਖੀ ਦੀ ਬਣ ਚੌਥੀ ਮੰਜਲ, ਰਾਮਦਾਸਪੁਰ ਨਗਰੀ ਸਤਿਗੁਰਾਂ ਵਸਾਈ

ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਸਰ ਹਰਿਮੰਦਰ ਸਾਜਿਆ, 30 ਰਾਗਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਬਾਣੀ ਉਚਾਰੀ
ਜਿੰਨ੍ਹੀ ਤੂੰ ਸੇਵਿਆ ਭਾਉ ਕਰਿ, ਤਿਨ ਕਾ ਜਨਮ ਮਰਣ ਨਿਵਾਰੀ
ਅਨੰਦੁ ਕਾਰਜ ਦੀ ਰੀਤ ਚਲਾ ਕੇ, ਸਿੱਖੀ ਦੀ ਪਹਿਚਾਣ ਸਵਾਰੀ
ਸੋਢੀ ਸੁਲਤਾਨ ਪਿਤਾ ਪਿਆਰੇ, ਹਰਮੀਤ ਸਿੰਘ ਤੈਥੋਂ ਬਲਿਹਾਰੀ
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Vaheguru!

Great Kavita.

Preetam Singh
Re: Sri Guru Ramdas Sahib Ji
January 03, 2017 08:51PM
Very good poem Harmeet Singh jeeo.

Dhan Siri Guru Raamdaas Sahib jee.

Kulbir Singh
January 04, 2017 09:39AM
Vaheguru
January 04, 2017 08:35PM
Nice poem Bhai Sahib jee
Saarean da bahut bahut dhanvaad. Aap saarean nu vekh ke likhna sikhia (hansaan vaekh tharandhiaa bagaan bhi aayaa chaao).

If there is no feedback, then I will keep this as a final poem (6 more to go smiling smiley)

One more question... since I am against using any photo of Guru Sahibaan, any suggestions what pictures shall I be using. I am thinking of using pictures of the concept from poem and in that glow light on Guru Sahib face to make it invisible. If there is any other suggestion, please advice.
Bhai Harmeet Singh jeeo,

I think it would be better to word the line about Anand Karaj differently. The Reet of Anand Karaj was started by Sri Guru Nanak Dev jee when Gurdev jeeo wrote Manglacharan and did Phere. Sri Guru Raamdas Sahib jee wrote Lavan and that then became the way to do Anand Karaj but the Anand Karaj was already being done prior to that.

It is totally unthinkable that before Sri Guru Raamdas Sahib jee Gursikhs would be get married around a fire.

Preetam Singh
Thank you Bhai Preetam Singh Jio. Definately Guru Sahib didn't get married around fire. There are multiple theories (some with Guru Sahib writing ik oankar and some with Guru Sahib writing mool mantar or manglacharan and getting married around that) but from what I heard is that the Sikh marriage was started being called Anand Kaaraj after Sri Guru Ramdas sahib ji wrote Laavan. I will do more research and change the wording of that line to be more clear.

Thanks,
Harmeet Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login