ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ones Who Wear Transparent Clothes

Posted by Kulbir Singh 
ਵਾਊ ਸੰਦੇ ਕਪੜੇ ਪਹਿਰਹਿ ਗਰਬਿ ਗਵਾਰ॥
ਨਾਨਕ ਨਾਲਿ ਨ ਚਲਨੀ ਜਲਿ ਬਲਿ ਹੋਏ ਛਾਰੁ॥2॥
(ਮ:5॥ ਪੰਨਾ 318)

ਅਰਥ ਵਿਚਾਰ: ਹਵਾ (ਵਾਊ) ਵਾਂਗ ਨਾਮਾਤਰ ਕਪੜੇ ਮੂਰਖ (ਗਵਾਰ) ਪਹਿਨਦੇ ਹਨ ਹੰਕਾਰ ਵਿਚ। ਗਰਬਿ ਦਾ ਭਾਵ ਹੈ ਹੰਕਾਰ ਵਿਚ ਅਤੇ ਇਹ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਇਕਵਚਨ ਅਪਾਦਾਨ ਕਾਰਕ ਨਾਂਵ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਇਸ ਦੀ ਛੇਕੜਲੀ ਸਿਹਾਰੀ "ਵਿਚ" ਦਾ ਮਤਲਬ ਦਿੰਦੀ ਹੈ। “ਨਾਨਕ” ਮੋਹਰ ਛਾਪ ਲਾ ਕੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਫੁਰਮਾਉਂਦੇ ਹਨ ਕਿ ਇਹ ਕਪੜੇ ਅਤੇ ਸੋਹਣੇ ਸਰੀਰ ਨਾਲ ਨਹੀਂ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਅਤੇ ਇਥੇ ਦੁਨੀਆ ਵਿਚ ਹੀ ਸੜ ਕੇ ਸੁਆਹ (ਛਾਰੁ) ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ। ਵਾਊ ਸੰਦੇ ਕਪੜੇ ਇਸ ਕਰਕੇ ਕਿਹਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਪੁਰਾਣੇ ਜ਼ਮਾਨੇ ਵਿਚ ਅਮੀਰ ਘਰ ਦੀਆਂ ਸ਼ੁਕੀਨ ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀਆਂ ਢਾਕੇ ਦੀ ਸਿਲਕ (ਰੇਸ਼ਮ) ਦੇ ਕਪੜੇ ਪਾਉਂਦੀਆਂ ਹੁੰਦੀਆਂ ਸਨ ਜੋ ਕਿ ਇਤਨੇ ਬਾਰੀਕ ਹੋਇਆ ਕਰਦੇ ਸਨ ਕਿ ਉਹ ਮਾਚਿਸ ਦੀ ਡੱਬੀ ਵਿਚ ਸਮਾ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਸਨ।

ਅਜ ਦੇ ਜ਼ਮਾਨੇ ਵਿਚ ਢਾਕੇ ਦੀ ਸਿਲਕ ਦੇ ਕਪੜੇ ਤੇ ਨਹੀਂ ਪਾਏ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਪਰ ਹੁਣ ਕਪੜੇ ਉਦਾਂ ਹੀ ਬਹੁਤ ਘਟਾ ਦਿਤੇ ਗਏ ਹਨ ਅਤੇ ਸਰੀਰ ਦੀ ਸਿਧੀ ਹੀ ਨੁਮਾਇਸ਼ ਹੋਣ ਲਗ ਪਈ ਹੈ ਪਰ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਪੰਚਮ ਪਿਤਾ ਜੀ ਦਾ ਇਹ ਸਲੋਕ ਉਹਨਾਂ ਬੀਬੀਆਂ ਅਤੇ ਬੰਦਿਆਂ ਦੇ ਸਿਰ ਤੇ ਇਕ ਤਾਕੀਦੀ ਹੁਕਮ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਅਜਿਹੇ ਕਪੜੇ ਨਹੀ ਪਾਉਣੇ ਚਾਹੀਦੇ ਜਿਹਨਾਂ ਵਿਚੋਂ ਸਰੀਰ ਦੀ ਨੁਮਾਇਸ਼ ਜਾਂ ਪ੍ਰਦਰਸ਼ਨੀ ਹੋਵੇ। ਜੋ ਲੋਕੀ "ਵਾਊ ਸੰਦੇ ਕਪੜੇ" ਪਾਉਂਦੇ ਹਨ, ਉਹ ਅਕਸਰ ਆਪਣੇ ਸਰੀਰ ਤੇ ਮਾਣ ਕਰਦੇ ਹਨ ਅਤੇ ਸੋਚਦੇ ਹਨ ਕਿ ਉਹਨਾਂ ਦਾ ਸਰੀਰ ਬਹੁਤ ਸੋਹਣਾ ਹੈ। ਜਿਨਾਂ ਲੜਕਿਆਂ ਦੇ ਸਰੀਰ ਤਕੜੇ ਹੁੰਦੇ ਅਤੇ ਜਿਨਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਦੀ ਸੋਝੀ ਨਹੀਂ ਹੁੰਦੀ ਉਹ ਅਕਸਰ ਹੀ ਅਜਿਹੀਆਂ ਟੀ-ਸ਼ਰਟਾਂ ਪਾਉਂਦੇ ਹਨ ਜਿਨਾਂ ਵਿਚੋਂ ਉਹਨਾਂ ਦੇ ਡੌਲੇ ਆਦਿ ਦਿਸਣ। ਇਸ ਤਰ੍ਹਾਂ ਉਹ ਆਪਣੇ ਫਾਨੀ ਸਰੀਰ ਤੇ ਝੂਠੇ ਹੰਕਾਰ ਦਾ ਮੁਜ਼ਾਹਿਰਾ ਕਰਦੇ ਹਨ। ਇਸੇ ਤਰ੍ਹਾਂ ਹੀ ਅਜਕਲ, ਕਲਿਜੁਗ ਦੇ ਮਾੜੇ ਪ੍ਰਭਾਵ ਹੇਠ ਔਰਤਾਂ ਅਕਸਰ ਹੀ ਬੇਹਯਾਈ ਵਾਲੇ ਕਪੜੇ, ਜਿਨਾਂ ਵਿਚੋਂ ਉਹਨਾਂ ਦੇ ਸਰੀਰ ਦਿਸਦਾ ਹੋਵੇ, ਪਾਉਣ ਵਿਚ ਬਹੁਤ ਫਖਰ ਸਮਝਦੀਆਂ ਹਨ। ਉਸ ਵੇਲੇ ਸਿਰ ਸ਼ਰਮ ਨਾਲ ਝੁਕ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ ਜਦੋਂ ਸਾਡੀਆਂ ਭੈਣਾ ਬੇਟੀਆਂ ਕੀਰਤਨ ਸਮਾਗਮਾਂ ਤੇ ਵੀ ਕਪੜਿਆਂ ਦੀ ਨੁਮਾਇਸ਼ ਕਰਨ ਤੋਂ ਗੁਰੇਜ਼ ਨਹੀਂ ਕਰਦੀਆਂ।

ਇਕ ਗਲ ਸੋਚਣੀ ਚਾਹੀਦੀ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਜੇ ਕੋਈ ਵਿਅਕਤੀ ਕਿਸੇ ਦੇ ਸਰੀਰ ਵਲ ਅਕਰਸ਼ਤ ਹੋ ਕੇ ਉਸ ਨਾਲ ਨਾਲ ਸੰਬੰਧ ਬਣਾਉਂਦਾ ਹੈ ਤਾਂ ਉਹ ਸਰੀਰ ਦੇ ਢਲ ਜਾਣ ਤੋਂ ਬਾਅਦ ਉਸਦਾ ਵਫਾਦਾਰ ਕਿਵੇਂ ਰਹਿ ਸਕੇਗਾ? ਸਰੀਰ ਦੀ ਖੂਬਸੂਰਤੀ ਤਾਂ ਚਾਰ ਦਿਹਾੜੇ ਦੀ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਜਦੋਂ ਸਰੀਰ ਢਲ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ ਤਾਂ ਇਸ ਸਰੀਰ ਕਰਕੇ ਜੁੜੇ ਹੋਏ ਲੋਕ ਵੀ ਦੂਰ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ। ਉਸ ਵੇਲੇ ਜੀਵ ਨੂੰ ਬਹੁਤ ਦੁਖ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ। ਸੋ ਅੰਦਰਲੇ ਗੁਣਾਂ ਦੀ ਥਾਂ ਤੇ ਸਰੀਰ ਦੀ ਨੁਮਾਇਸ਼ ਕਰਨੀ, ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਅਨੁਸਾਰ ਇਕ ਵਡੀ ਬੇਵਕੂਫੀ ਹੈ। ਗੁਰੂ ਕੇ ਸਿਖ ਕਦੇ ਵੀ ਸੰਸਾਰ ਦੀਆਂ ਕੂੜਾਵੀਆਂ ਵਸਤਾਂ ਉਪਰ ਮਾਣ ਨਹੀਂ ਕਰਦੇ। ਉਹ ਕੇਵਲ, ਸਿਰ ਦੇ ਸਾਂਈਂ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਤੇ ਹੀ ਮਾਣ ਕਰਦੇ ਹਨ।

ਕੁਲਬੀਰ ਸਿੰਘ
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
In olden days, there used to be a very fine silk material manufactured in Dhaka (now in Bangladesh). It used to be so thin and fine that it used to fit in a box as small as a matchbox. Once Aurangzeb noticed that his daughter was wearing very transparent clothes. He was very upset at her for not wearing proper clothes. At this she said to her father that she was wearing 7 layers of clothes but despite that her body was revealed through them. The disease of exposing their bodies in youth is not a new one. It was also prevalent even in olden days due to which Guru Sahib jee has written this Salok in Gurbani:

ਵਾਊ ਸੰਦੇ ਕਪੜੇ ਪਹਿਰਹਿ ਗਰਬਿ ਗਵਾਰ॥
ਨਾਨਕ ਨਾਲਿ ਨ ਚਲਨੀ ਜਲਿ ਬਲਿ ਹੋਏ ਛਾਰੁ॥2॥
(ਮ:5॥ ਪੰਨਾ 318)

Guru Sahib jee has declared that such thin clothes like air are worn by stupid people who are proud of their transient bodies. They think that their bodies are beautiful but they forget that their bodies will perish one day. Just like a flower with time loses its beauty and becomes dry, this body too after hitting the peak in youth, starts its journey towards getting perished. So why be proud of this body which is so fragile.

A Gursikh, whether male or female, wears such clothes that are suitable for the son or daughter of Siri Guru Gobind Singh jee and the most suitable dress for a Gursikh is Gurmukhi Baana. A Gursikh who wears Gurmukhi Baana, all the time, gets special Kirpa from Guru Sahib jee. Guru Sahib jee provides such Gursikhs special protection because Guru Sahib jee keeps “Birad Baane dee Laaj” i.e. He keeps the honour of His Baana.

Now a days, Gursikhs wear such clothes that are totally unsuitable and inappropriate for them to wear, considering that they are ambassadors of Gursikhi wherever they go. To dress up like Manmukhs and exposing body like them, is totally contrary to Gursikhi and as per the Salok of Siri Guru Arjun Dev jee quoted above, such people are definitely stupid and full of false pride.

Sikh males build their bodies, which is a good thing to do but to show off their body by wearing tight clothes is against Gurmat. Same way, for our daughters and sisters to wear revealing clothes like tight pants and tops, or flashy suits just shows how ignorant they are about Gurmat. Why would a daughter of Siri Guru Gobind Singh jee wear such clothes that reveal her body? A Gursikh’s treasure is Gurmat Naam and Gurmat Shubh Gunn (Gurmukh qualities) and not superficial things like body or flashy clothes.

One should think objectively tha if a person gets attracted towards one because of one's outer looks or flashy clothes, then what will happen when this body is no longer in the spring but hits autumn? Such persons who are attracted to you for your looks will not stay always faithful. Such is the way in this dark age of Kaljug that men and women seriously lack good qualities, therefore to attract others, especially the opposite sex, they show off their bodies. This is the height of Kaljug to use Kaam to attract the members of opposite sex.

May Guru Sahib jee do Kirpa and bless His Khalsa with Gurmukhi Baana and such wisdom to avoid wearing Manmukhi clothes.

Kulbir Singh
Re: Ones Who Wear Transparent Clothes
January 03, 2017 12:04AM
Vahiguroo Gurmukh Kulbir Singh Jio, absolutely correct Jio,
.. tight clothes should be worn as underclothes, if needed to stay warm in winter, or relief achy back etc. jio, BUT ONLY AS UNDERCLOTHING_/\_

Bhul chuk muaf
Re: Ones Who Wear Transparent Clothes
January 05, 2017 12:10PM
Clothes that not so long ago would have been considered scandalous in both Eastern and Western culture have become the norm in society today, so much so that even respectful, faithful Amritdhari bibian do not think twice before wearing them. I actually remember when items like skinny jeans had just hit the market, and I remember being shocked seeing Punjabi girls wearing them - and then within a few years I was wearing them too. That's the problem with assimilation in this society, we end up losing our sense of what is modest and what's not.

When I started wearing Bana I immediately noticed a difference in how I felt walking in public. Bana helps shed all superficial feelings towards your body, whether hankaar or insecurity (which is still just haumai). While everyone says that Punjabi suits are good and modest wear for bibian, they still produce feelings of hankaar. All bibian should try it for themselves. Put on a chola and see how different you feel. You will feel proud- which you actually should when you wear Bana in my opinion- but it will not be the hankaar or haumai that other clothes produce towards your body.

Men who say that it's not necessary for bibian to wear Bana really should not say anything because they don't know what it's like to be in a bibi's body and the superficial feelings that even wearing suits produce.
I agree with SK's points. It is sad to see that many Amritdhari Dastaar wearing Bibiyan nowadays promote western cutout kapre in the name of fashion. What's more sad is that they think it is OK to wear such kapre. Both men and women need to understand that the kapre they wear will inspire the coming generation. If right now they think that cutout jeans and low neck kapre are OK to wear, one can only imagine what kind of fashion trend will our kids face in the future.

As a Sikh we should have Sharam and Hayaa'. We shouldn't blindly follow what the western fashion world is showcasing in front of us, but we should rather be Niaaray, as a Khalsa should be. There is nothing greater than Guroo Saahib's Bana.
Vaahiguroo!

Beautiful write up! So sad to see this trend in Sikhi. All Gursikhs should dress modestly, and strive to wear only Bana! Only then will we be Niaara and get Guru Sahib's full Khushi.
Some Amritdhari bibian have started modeling, which is sad to see. I have seen Amritdhari bibian wear low neck tops and suits. Would Guru Gobind Singh Ji be happy to see their daughters in inappropriate clothes? Jithe sharam nahi, uthe dharam nahi, as bhai Kulbir Singh often says. Why do we need to impress the opposite sex? Guru Sahib ji has set up very high standards for his sons and daughters.

Guru Sahib Ji's de bane da koyi comparsion hi nahi! I was recently in India. One of the Amritdhari bibis I knew wore my chola for a day, and she didn't want to take it off. She had a desire to start wearing bana.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login