ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

People talking in front of Guru Granth Sahib.

Posted by sevak 
I find it odd people in Gurudawara Sahib do not stop talking while path is still going on. They can always go to lungar ghar to have their discussions. Should that be enforced, please advise.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
ਹਰਿ ਜਸ ਸੁਣਤੇ ਬਾਤ ਚਲਾਵੈ। ਕਹੇ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਸਿੰਘ ਵੋਹ ਜਮ ਪੁਰ ਜਾਵੇ।।
-Tankhaahnama Bhai Nand Laal Ji

I remember a Gurmukh saying, "Jorran varga punn nahi te torran varga paap nai." If a Gursikh's Surtee is attuned to Paath/Kirtan/Simran and he gets disturbed by our talking, then it is a Maha Paap! What could be worse than committing a Paap at the very place where one goes to beg for forgiveness?

Langar Hall is not a place for chit-chatting and socializing either, as opposed to what happens in most Gurudwaras nowadays.
Thanks Mohkam Singh Jee, point well taken. On the flip side if Guru's teaching are being imparted than should we be talking ? bhul chuck maaf.
Yes one should avoid chatting and texting during Keertan or when Paath is going on. I think only conversations that are related to Paath or Keertan seva being done should be allowed. Having said that one can only imply that rule to oneself because many people won't follow it. If you want you can ignore a conversation during paath so for the next time people will know not to start a conversation with you or around you.
Thank you very much AnokhKaur Jee, well said. I hope we should all, including myself listen to Gurbani, if we go to Gurudwara sahib Jee.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login