ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

'Mahalla 10' written in puratan bir of Guru Granth Sahib!

Posted by jujhar.singh 
Baba Natha Singh Jee was a Nagarchi Singh of Guru Gobind Singh Jee Maharaaj. Guru jee gave him shastars, sarbloh simrana, kanghaa etc. at Damdama Sahib, Talwandi Sabo before leaving for Nanded.

Guru Jee ordered Baba Natha Singh to do parchar in Punjab.

This is the Gurdwara Sahib where Baba Natha Singh Jee stayed for the rest of his life and did Gurmat Parchar.

[www.facebook.com]

One puratan bir of Guru Granth Sahib and one puratan bir of Dasam Granth Sahib have been found at this place In the bir of Guru Granth Sahib, 'Mahalla 10' is written in the dohra at the ending of Salok Mahalla 9.

Reply Quote TweetFacebook
I don't think this is a puratan bit and I think these headings are wrong . Jit Dar lakh muhammada has been attributed to pehli paatshah. How can this be since this is not accepted as gurbani.
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Wahegur Ji Ki fatehji

I do agree that Guru Gobind Singh Ji maharaj has his bani written in Sri Guru Granth Sahibji Mahraj but I have to agree with Veer Sukhdeep Singh as there was additional compositions written such as :

Jit Dar Lakh Mohammada
Siahi Di Bhidhi
Ratanmala
Hakeekatrah mukam
Praan Sangli
Rab Mukam Ki Sabk
Baye Atisb

which we all are aware that are not gurbani.

I do agree that Guru Gobind Singh Ji maharaj has his bani written in Sri Guru Granth Sahibji Mahraj

Although this topic is not much of an issue as compared to the topic being discussed above, it's seems that all the Saloks under the Sirlekh 'Salok Mahalla 9' are written by Guru Tegh Bahadar Sahib Ji, as suggested by the Sirlek itself. This is contrary to the belief that one Salok is written by Guru Gobind Singh Ji.
And the order of last Dohra is incorrect compared to current Saroop:

ਬਲੁ ਹੋਆ ਬੰਧਨ ਛੁਟੇ ਸਭੁ ਕਿਛੁ ਹੋਤ ਉਪਾਇ ॥
ਨਾਨਕ ਸਭੁ ਕਿਛੁ ਤੁਮਰੈ ਹਾਥ ਮੈ ਤੁਮ ਹੀ ਹੋਤ ਸਹਾਇ ॥੫੪॥
is what the number in current Saroop whereas it is 57th one in above Saroop,

ਸੰਗ ਸਖਾ ਸਭਿ ਤਜਿ ਗਏ ਕੋਊ ਨ ਨਿਬਹਿਓ ਸਾਥਿ ॥
ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਇਹ ਬਿਪਤਿ ਮੈ ਟੇਕ ਏਕ ਰਘੁਨਾਥ ॥੫੫॥

ਨਾਮੁ ਰਹਿਓ ਸਾਧੂ ਰਹਿਓ ਰਹਿਓ ਗੁਰੁ ਗੋਬਿੰਦੁ ॥
ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਇਹ ਜਗਤ ਮੈ ਕਿਨ ਜਪਿਓ ਗੁਰ ਮੰਤੁ ॥੫੬॥

ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮੁ ਉਰ ਮੈ ਗਹਿਓ ਜਾ ਕੈ ਸਮ ਨਹੀ ਕੋਇ ॥
ਜਿਹ ਸਿਮਰਤ ਸੰਕਟ ਮਿਟੈ ਦਰਸੁ ਤੁਹਾਰੋ ਹੋਇ ॥੫੭॥੧॥
instead it is numbered 54th one in above Saroop.

Also there are Lag Matra and spelling differences compare to current Saroop. For example, in this tuk 'ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮ ਉਰ ਮੇ ਗਹੋ ਜਾ ਕੀ ਸਮ ਨਹੀ ਕੋਇ॥' ਨਾਮ is missing Aukadd, ਮੇ supposed to have Dulava(n) ਮੈ, ਗਹੋ supposed to be ਗਹਿਓ, ਕੀ supposed to be ਕੈ.

It would be interesting to do a research on this Dohra to findout if it was actually under Mehla 10. Daas feels that Sri Dasmesh Jee didn't include any ਮਹੱਲਾ ੧੦ Baani in Sri Guru Granth Sahib instead they kept it in separate Granths which are now part of Dasam Granth.

If indeed Dohra was originally under Mehla 10 then it actually gives more reasoning to anti-Dasam Granth lobby that if Sri Dasmesh can write a Dohra under ਮਹੱਲਾ ੧੦ in Guru Granth Sahib Jee then why Jaap Sahib, Swayiay, Choupai and other Sri Mukhwak Baani is kept outside of Guru Granth Sahib Jee? This way they can completely convince gullible people.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login