ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Chandi Charitar

Posted by MrHSinghK 
Chandi Charitar
April 06, 2016 02:28PM
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ka Fateh

I am looking for some tips and if anyone can share experince on Chandi Chirtar 1st part as I have noticed nobody has written and metioned on the forums online.

I do regurlarly Chandi Di Vaar, Shastar Naam Mala, Brahm Kavach, Sri Bhaguti Astotar and some parts of Ugardanti these Bani's with my 5 Bani's and I would like to how it feels afterwoods reading the first Chandi Chritar cos someone said its lot more strict the marayda and the lines sounded scary.

Like it is written

ਚੰਡਿ ਚਰਿਤ੍ਰ ਕਵਿਤਨ ਮੈ ਬਰਨਿਓ ਸਭ ਹੀ ਰਸ ਰੁਦ੍ਰਮਈ ਹੈ ॥
चंडि चरित्र कवितन मै बरनिओ सभ ही रस रुद्रमई है ॥
I have narrated this Chandi Charitra in poetry, which is all full of Rudra Rasa (sentiment of ragge).

ਏਕ ਤੇ ਏਕ ਰਸਾਲ ਭਇਓ ਨਖ ਤੇ ਸਿਖ ਲਉ ਉਪਮਾ ਸੁ ਨਈ ਹੈ ॥
एक ते एक रसाल भइओ नख ते सिख लउ उपमा सु नई है ॥
The stanzas one and all, are beautifully composed, which contain new sillies from beginning to end.

ਕਉਤਕ ਹੇਤ ਕਰੀ ਕਵਿ ਨੇ ਸਤਿਸਯ ਕੀ ਕਥਾ ਇਹ ਪੂਰੀ ਭਈ ਹੈ ॥
कउतक हेत करी कवि ने सतिसय की कथा इह पूरी भई है ॥
The poet hath composed it for the pleasure of his mind, and the discourse of seven hundred sholokas is completed here.

ਜਾਹਿ ਨਮਿਤ ਪੜੈ ਸੁਨਿ ਹੈ ਨਰ ਸੋ ਨਿਸਚੈ ਕਰਿ ਤਾਹਿ ਦਈ ਹੈ ॥੨੩੨॥
जाहि नमित पड़ै सुनि है नर सो निसचै करि ताहि दई है ॥२३२॥
For whatever purpose a person ready it or listens to it, the hgoddess will assuredly grant him that.232.

so sangat's views and experince would be nice to read or private message .

Thanks Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Fateh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Chandi Charitar
April 07, 2016 11:15AM
Chandi Charitar are basically a more detailed version of Chandi Di Vaar. In the first Chandi Charitar Guru Sahib does more description of Durga and the Daints which she destroys and in the second Chandi Charitar Guru Sahib puts more description of the actual fighting. All of this is summarized in Chandi Di Vaar which follows the second Chandi Charitar.

These Banian have been given to us by Sri Dashmesh Pita jee to raise Bir Ras. There is no need to do any Veham that it can't be read at a certain time. Gurbani can never have any negative effect.

The first Chandi Charitar is truly a master peice. Guru Sahib has used such amazing ways of describing certain scenes of the battles that just leave the reader in total awe. In Chandi Charitars Guru Sahib shows the awesome fighting capabilities and divine powers of Durga. She defeats all of the demons who could not be defeated by any other Devta. Even the way that she fights is just totally mind-blowing that she would have so much power. But when Guru Sahib says in Chandi Di Vaar "ਤੈ ਹੀ ਦੁਰਗਾ ਸਾਜਿ ਕੈ ਦੈਤਾ ਦਾ ਨਾਸੁ ਕਰਾਇਆ ॥ the reader is just totally humbled that if Durga has so much power then we can't even begin to imagine the power that Vaheguru jee has.

This is a master piece by Sri Dashmesh Pita jee, and there is no way that any buz-dil Bahman could ever write such a work of art.

You should definitely add this to your Nitnem!

Preetam Singh
"There is no need to do any Veham that it can't be read at a certain time. Gurbani can never have any negative effect."

Note* for "Chandi di vaar" not chandi charitter.

when handling a Khanda one should be trained and careful As it has two edges, As surely as it can cut dushtman it can cut your own hand. This bani is the vaar of the sword of akaal purakh, the shakti of akaal purakh. This is shakti bani, with perhaps a bit of shanti as well. There once was a singh who regularly reads this bani and was granthi at a gurdwara in the west. some one didnt like the way he was doing thing all by maryada and arranged for him to be shot by gansters. the gansters instead ended up shooting eachother over something. Another gursikh thought that some bad atma was entering his room and this gursikh was having a bad morning and so read this paath, the feeling of the bad presence went away and he got the hukamnama from harmandir sahib about waheguru saving guru arjun dev ji from sulhi khan and cutting off his head with his axe. you can look in the index of hukamnama and harmandir sahib it was within a year or two this happened. This bani has the power of the battle axe of akaal purakh. The khanda given to baba deep singh ji by guru gobind singh ji didnt have any negative effect on baba deep singh ji as he respected it and treated it carefully with vidya, similarly this bani if treated properly should too not have any negative effect.

In his book bhai harnaam singh rampur khera wala ws given instructions by shaheed singhs on how to treat this bani Note* "Chandi di vaar" not chandi charitter. properly.

Excerpt from sey kineya Time for paath of Chandi di vaar. "Baba Ji used to recite the prayer called Chandi di Vaar daily, as part of his Nitnem This is a prayer composed by the tenth Guru, describing a battle between demons and the Goddess called Chandi. It is usually recited by Sikhs during war. Many a time, a question would arise in his mind as to, how many times and at what time one should recite the prayer of Chandi di Vaar? Baba Ji asked many Saints and sadhus regarding this question, but could not get a satisfactory answer. One evening, at his room in the fields, after reciting the evening prayer of Rehras, Baba Ji went on to recite the prayer of Chandi di Vaar. After completing this prayer, he prepared to retire by saying his last prayer of Sohila. It was a moonlit night and the doors of the room in which he was sitting, were open. As he had just lain down, he noticed two men approaching at a short distance. Baba Ji thought to himself, that if these pedestrians were just travellers, he would offer them food and shelter for the night and if they were robbers, then he would challenge them in combat. No sooner had this thought entered his mind, than miraculously one of the Singh’s came beside him and grabbed his feet. The other one seized Baba Ji’s head and pinned him down onto the bed. Baba Ji used to tell us, “I was unable to move from the bed. A thought entered my mind that these two, who have moved faster than the speed of light in order to grasp me are neither robbers nor travellers. These two must be Shaheed Singhs (the immortal souls of Sikh martyrs). I began to recite the Mool mantar I had only uttered the Mool mantar twice when the Singh who held my head down, let go, followed by the second Singh who was holding my feet.” Baba Ji got up and the Shaheed Singh explained, “We did not come here to fight with or seize you, but to answer your question, regarding the correct time to recite the prayer of Chandi di Vaar. As you thought about offering us a fight, we came and immediately seized you, as we did.” The Shaheed Singh continued, “If you start reciting the prayer of Chandi di Vaar after sunset then, one must keep reciting it continuously through the night until dawn. Two or more Singhs may take turns to recite this prayer through the night, it is all right to do so. One must sit upon a clean mat or bed, bathing before reciting the prayer. An oil lamp lit with clarified butter should be kept alight throughout the night. During the day, one can recite Chandi di Vaar as many times as one wants. There is no specific practice to reciting the prayer except that one reads the prayer with devotion and understanding.” After explaining these instructions, the Singh’s disappeared through the doors towards the direction they came from."
April 08, 2016 05:05PM
No questions on Baba jee's personal spiritual experience but traditionally Chandi di Vaar is done either at night or at Amritvela. Many Nihung Singhs do it at Amritvela but many do it at night too. We personally always do Chandi di Vaar at night, after Rehraas Sahib, Aarti and Ramkali kee Vaar.

Chandi di Vaar is one of the only three compositions of Siri Guru Gobind Singh jee that are in pure Punjabi - the other two are Khyaal Paatshahi 10 and Sadd. Some very important Punjabi words and sayings of that time have been preserved in this Vaar. The Vaar is full of Bir Rass and it's no wonder that Puratan Gursikhs used to do this Paath everyday, especially when they went for battle.

We are working on Santhiya of Chandi di Vaar and other fine points with respect to it and will be posting it soon on this site.

Kulbir Singh
April 08, 2016 05:57PM
Kulbir Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No questions on Baba jee's personal spiritual
> experience but traditionally Chandi di Vaar is
> done either at night or at Amritvela. Many Nihung
> Singhs do it at Amritvela but many do it at night
> too. We personally always do Chandi di Vaar at
> night, after Rehraas Sahib, Aarti and Ramkali kee
> Vaar.
>
> Chandi di Vaar is one of the only three
> compositions of Siri Guru Gobind Singh jee that
> are in pure Punjabi - the other two are Khyaal
> Paatshahi 10 and Sadd. Some very important
> Punjabi words and sayings of that time have been
> preserved in this Vaar. The Vaar is full of Bir
> Rass and it's no wonder that Puratan Gursikhs used
> to do this Paath everyday, especially when they
> went for battle.
>
> We are working on Santhiya of Chandi di Vaar and
> other fine points with respect to it and will be
> posting it soon on this site.
>
> Kulbir Singh

Veer Ji Daas does Chandi Di Vaar before sunset as read in Baba Ji's biography and have never done at night time, you're right this Bani does give a boost whenever one is done
Also Ramkali Ki Vaar i take to be Satta Balwand Vaar Mahapurash used to do read that in the evening as well.

Another thing Veer Ji have done any paath or experince of both Chandi Charitar's ?
And I would like to thank the people so far who have replied to my post.
April 08, 2016 06:01PM
Yes, I meant Sattay Balvand waali Vaar when I said Ramkali kee Vaar. As for Ramkali kee Vaar, it was one of the most favourite Baani of Bhai Sahib jee he used to do and listen to multiple Paaths everyday. Some nights, he would make all Singhs present around him to do one Paath each of Raamkali kee Vaar. That's how much he loved it.

As for Chandi di Vaar, we have felt most energy when doing this Paath at night and firmly believe that this Paath should be done at night for maximum benefits. Rest Guru Sahib knows.

Kulbir Singh
April 16, 2016 01:35PM
Please finish Santhia of Sukhmani Sahib first cool smiley
April 16, 2016 05:02PM
Santhiya of Siri Sukhmani Sahib has been completed but we are unable to upload it to the Santhiya section due to a technical problem. The technical problem is being fixed

Kulblir Singh
June 23, 2016 08:54AM
Sorry for going off topic
Bh. Kulbir Singh
Santhiya of Siri Sukhmani Sahib has been completed but we are unable to upload it to the Santhiya section due to a technical problem. The technical
problem is being fixed

Kulbir Singh

Is santhiya of Sree Bavan Akhri Sahib in the plans?
Weeks/Months have turned into years waiting for these santhiya initiatives, started long time ago.

Chota veer
June 23, 2016 11:07AM
You are right Pyaasi Chatrik jee. Guru Sahib jee Kirpa karan and enable us to complete Santhiya of all these Baanis

Humbly,
Kulbir Singh
June 23, 2016 04:03PM
Why isn't Sri Bhaguti Astotar in Dasam Granth? I'm confused.
July 13, 2016 06:58AM
Sri Bhaguti Astotar was taken out of printing by the Singh Sabha in early 1900s during british raj and ever since it has not been printed in current Dasam Granth Saroops by SGPC and is inHazur Sahib Bir, Das Granthi and Nihang Dals
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login