ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fight in Gurudwara Sahib Turlock (again)

Posted by SanjotSingh 
I live in Turlock where there was another fight between two opposing committees. I have tried to stay neutral in this conflict, however I don't think that I can do this. I have family in one committee, but think that the other committee has done good things with the Gurudwara. Also, the new committee has used violence to get control of the Gurudwara. I am not sure what I should do.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
The current committee which I think you are referring to as the new committee has done many good things for the Gurdwara Sahib. They have promoted Kirtan Programs, Punjabi School, Santhiya, Gatka, Sikh History classes, organizing trips to SIkh programs in different cities including nagar kirtans and Amrit Sanchars. Since this new committee many local residents have taken Amrit and taken on the Sikh lifestyle. To be honest there was much bliss going on in this Gurdwara. All my life I have never seen the Gurdwara ran in such a way.

On the other hand the previous committee tried to make an end to all these programs. Their only aim was to use sangats money for bigger buildings so they can have more weddings which leads to more income. In addition, no violence was used by the new committee. They were only defending them self from monay who were trying to get involved in Gurdwara management. Also, when we say new committee and old committee the committee is all the same. Only one person was changed : it was the person trying to take out all the Gurmat in the Gurdwara.

I lived in Turlock for almost 25 years. I dont know of any Sanjot Singh. I hope you are not coming on this forum to instigate.
Bhai Sukhdeep Singh Ji, I must say I am not actually a participating member in many things, as I am still actually only a youth in high school (Pitman if want to know) so you probably haven't heard about me. However, I find that what happens between the youth at school really affects what happens between the adults.

Also, regarding your saying that no violence was used by the current committee and all actions were committed in self defense can be argued against. If you watch the entire uncut video, you will see that a woman who is the wife of one of the current leaders pushes down the first woman who was speaking at the podium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5mtK8H9IVg

Not trying to start anything,
Sanjot Singh
Singh Sahib, I think you are either misinformed or you are trying to misinform?

Also, regarding your saying that no violence was used by the current committee and all actions were committed in self defense can be argued against. If you watch the entire uncut video, you will see that a woman who is the wife of one of the current leaders pushes down the first woman who was speaking at the podium.

I know for a fact the auntee's husband is not a member of the committee. This is impossible. Only amritdharis are part of the current committe and uncle jee is a mona. Uncle jee and his wife are strong supporters of the new amritdhari committee but they are not members. Sangat already made rules and regulations in regards to committee, and one of the primary rules are that committee members must be amritdhari.

Another rule was nobody can just randomly speak on stage. Before speaking on stage one must get approval from committee. If you can recollect from last year. The ex members were jumping on stage in the middle of katha and kirtan and trying to give speeches . After these incidences this rule was made. After this incident the committee assigned a stage manager who was an amritdhari sikh. His whole family is amritdhari and he he played a pivotal role in promoting sikhi especially for the Sikh youth. You probably know who Im talking about.

Now what happened last week was the following:
An ex member forced her way onto stage to speak. Sangat peacefully demonstrated and started to ignore the lady by singing out loud naam simran. This upset the lady and she try to take the mics from the naam simran singers and started to scold them . When this happened aunti jee who is one of the key sevadars at Gurdwara Sahib got upset and pushed the irritating lady away from sangat. Then a fight broke out. The video is biased because it doesnt show the monay and ex members attacking sangat. It only shows sangat defending themselves. Do you remember last year when these same people attacked Singhs when they came outside the Gurdwara. Now they have resorting to attacking in the Gurdwara, they have no respect for Guru Sahibs darbar. The will do anything to take control.

The Gurdwara has been running peacefully for the last two years .The first week the ex members came back all hell broke out. These members treat the gurdwara as a social club. Do you remember what the langar hall was like with them. Bear heads, shoes, chairs, tables etc. They are forcing there way back into the Gurdwara and they think they have the right because the judge sided with them. Judge sided with them because they made an initial complaint. This is a local community problem in which no government official has any right to determine who manages the Gurus House. Just because your family is a member of the ex members doesnt mean you should side with them . I have many close friends and neighbors who are ex members and I have expressed my feelings to them in a very firm manner. Again this is a local community problem. I dont know why this is being addressed on a forum.
Thank you for your feedback, Bhai Sukhdeep Singh Ji.

I hope Guru Sahib will help me take the right decisions.

Sanjot Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login