ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gurbani Vyakaran Reference

Posted by eyesacademic 
Gurbani Vyakaran Reference
January 21, 2015 11:18PM
Bhai Kulbir Singh ji had mentioned a while ago that there might be a short and easy gurbani vyakaran book in offing. I was reading on the topic and was wondering if that book had been completed yet? Any news, Bhai Sahib or others?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
I haven't been able to work on this project at all. In the meantime there are some books in the market that one can read to enhance one's knowledge of Gurbani Viyakaran.

Kulbir Singh
Re: Gurbani Vyakaran Reference
January 22, 2015 08:38AM
Please have a look at the section titled "Gurbanee Viakaran" on the Message Board Index of Subjects. It's below the Gurbani Veechar section.
[gurmatbibek.com]
Thank you for your replies! I ll read up on other sources too.
VJKK VJKF,

There is an excellent set of 10 YouTube videos by Giani Amritpal Singh on Gurbani Vyakarn and Gurbani Shudh Ucharan:

Gurbani Grammar, Giani Amritpal Singh Part 1 of 10

Gurbani Grammar, Giani Amritpal Singh Part 2 of 10

Gurbani Grammar, Giani Amritpal Singh Part 3 of 10

Gurbani Grammar, Giani Amritpal Singh Part 4 of 10

Gurbani Grammar, Giani Amritpal Singh Part 5 of 10

Gurbani Grammar, Giani Amritpal Singh Part 6 of 10

Gurbani Grammar, Giani Amritpal Singh Part 7 of 10

Gurbani Grammar (Shudh Ucharan), Giani Amritpal Singh Part 8 of 10

Gurbani Grammar (Shudh Ucharan), Giani Amritpal Singh Part 9 of 10

Gurbani Grammar (Shudh Ucharan) , Giani Amritpal Singh Part 10 of 10
Thank you Navroop Singh ji, I am watching these videos these days.
January 29, 2015 04:36PM
veerji, another good set of videos to learn grammar is from is by Bhai Maninder Pal Singh Jee

[www.youtube.com]

He explains in a very clear and systematic way for beginners.
January 29, 2015 04:38PM
Request to knowledgeable Singhs here who have gyan of vyakaran, please make online videos like these as these are very helpful way of learning. Bhai Sahib had written a great book on Vyakaran, maybe that can become the bases of such videos. A video can be done on every chapter of that book.
ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖਾਲਸਾ॥ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫਤਿਹ॥

The following book by Prof. Sahib Singh might help.

http://www.discoversikhism.com/sikh_library/gurmukhi/gurbani_vayakaran.html

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖਾਲਸਾ॥ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫਤਿਹ॥
December 07, 2017 11:12AM
In Gurbani Vyakaran, you cannot learn Gurbani through Grammar. Its the other way around you learn Grammar through Gurbani. The more Gurbani you follow and recite the more you understand Gurbani meanings and notice the meanings of lagamatras.

What books did Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh , Pandit Kartar Singh, or Professor Sahib Singh to learn Gurbani Vyakaran? They learned Vyakaran through sehaj paath not books. They only wrote books to prove that Gurbani is governed by grammar principles. But not to the extent that worldly languages are governed by Grammar principles. Along with Professor Sahib Singh , modern writers of Gurbani Grammar equate worldly grammar with the mystical grammar of Gurbani.

Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Ji and Pandit Kartar Singh interpreted Gurbani Vyakaran with the lense of mysticism but even they differed in their interpretation. For example, Pandir Kartar Singh mentions Satnam is recited as Satnam because its not a compound word, since Sat is an abstract noun, while Bhai Sahib mentions it is a compound word. Depending on ones avastha Gurbani meanings become more clearer. One cant learn Gurbani through the systematic study of Grammar despite modern day missionaries asserting such claims.
December 07, 2017 07:34PM
Sorry meant to say Pandit Kartar Singh says Satnam is Sat nam but Bhai sahib says it's Satnam ( a compound word).
December 07, 2017 08:07PM
Suthra Singh, where does Bhai Sahib say Satnam is a compound word always?
December 08, 2017 09:58AM
Gurmat Gaurvta
December 08, 2017 02:00PM
Which page or chapter It's a huge book.
December 09, 2017 11:19AM
Sorry I looked in Gurmat Gaurvta and Gurmat Sach Nirney and I couldnt find it in both books. Now Im not sure whcih book its in. Most of my books are with my relatives and If I find the book number I will quote it. Its a possibility that I could have mixed Bhai Sahib with someone else who said sat nam is a compound word.

The point I was trying to make is that not all people interpret Grammar exactly the same way. I personally think Sat in Sat Nam is a abstract noun, because sat is intangible its not like a tangible adjective, but my view is irrelevant and insignificant to spirituality. Whether you think sat is an abstract noun, adjective, or part of a compound word doesnt really matter its not going to bring you closer to Sach. Only by practicing truth are you going to realize the truth. When Gianis debate over the meanings it bears no fruit.

A few years ago there was a Grammar convention . During the convention there was a debate about the word"Electric Car". Some said it was a compound word others said no electric is an adjective. It doesnt really matter what you think the word electrical car is because an electrical car will remain an electrical car and it wont change according to our interpretations .
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login