ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Santhiya help

Posted by maha_paapi 
Santhiya help
January 01, 2010 04:05PM
Sangat Ji,

Daas doesn't have a Abhyas of Larivaar Saroop as Daas has been given a sewa of pad ched saroop of Guru Granth sahib ji Maharaj. Daas was given inspiration by Master Jaswant Singh on practicing Larivaar.

Sangat ji, please help Daas in understanding correct ucharan of following tuk.

ਏਤੇਕੂਕਰਹਉਬੇਗਾਨਾਭਉਕਾਇਸੁਤਨਤਾਈ ॥

Most of the saroops have following ucharn of the tuk.

ਏਤੇ ਕੂਕਰ ਹਉ ਬੇਗਾਨਾ ਭਉਕਾ ਇਸੁ ਤਨ ਤਾਈ ॥

But I feel it as follows and I can be wrong

ਏਤੇ ਕੂਕ ਰਹਉ ਬੇਗਾਨਾ ਭਉ ਕਾ ਇਸੁ ਤਨ ਤਾਈ ॥

Sangat ji, daas apologize if daas has done any mistake writing in above way.

Gurfateh ji!
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Santhiya help
January 01, 2010 05:35PM
Veer jeeo,

Most of the saroops have following ucharn of the tuk.
ਏਤੇ ਕੂਕਰ ਹਉ ਬੇਗਾਨਾ ਭਉਕਾ ਇਸੁ ਤਨ ਤਾਈ ॥
But I feel it as follows and I can be wrong
ਏਤੇ ਕੂਕ ਰਹਉ ਬੇਗਾਨਾ ਭਉ ਕਾ ਇਸੁ ਤਨ ਤਾਈ ॥

Gurbani is Agam Agaadh Bodh. No one can know for sure what is correct and what is wrong. We can only conjecture.

The second paath seems to be correct. Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee too has supported the second paath. The meaning is that I do so many Kook (cries) but I still stay stranger to Vaheguru because all my kook Pukaar is for the sake of this body i.e. this maya.

The first paath is translated as follows: There are so many dogs at the door of Vaheguru but I stay stranger to Vaheguru because I bark for the sake of this body (and not for spiritual aspirations).

Kulbir Singh
January 02, 2010 12:51PM
Thanks a lot Bhai Sahb for the clarification!

Daas will request Sangat of Gurmat Bibek to use this thread for any random Santhiya help ( If its OK with the admins of this forum)

Vaheguru Ji Khalsa
Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!
January 02, 2010 10:24PM
I agree with Veer jee on posting Santhiya questions under this thread.

Kulbir Singh
January 03, 2010 01:01AM
ਏਤੇ ਕੂਕਰ ਹਉ ਬੇਗਾਨਾ ਭਉ ਕਾ ਇਸੁ ਤਨ ਤਾਈ
This is the third Paath, possible
There are so many dogs (i.e. vices) here; I am stranger in this street (i.e. my body itself). why to get afraid even then.
Because ""Bhagat Heen Nanak Je hoega Khasme naao Naa Jaaee"""
January 03, 2010 09:29PM
Veer MB Singh jeeo,

This is the third Paath, possible
There are so many dogs (i.e. vices) here; I am stranger in this street (i.e. my body itself). why to get afraid even then.
Because ""Bhagat Heen Nanak Je hoega Khasme naao Naa Jaaee"""

The problem with this padd-chhed is that ਭਉ ਕਾ does not appear together anywhere in Gurbani. When ਕਾ comes after ਭਉ, then ਭਉ changes its form from ਭਉ to ਭੈ. Please see below some examples to prove this point:

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਭੈ ਕਾ ਬੋਹਿਥਾ ਨਦਰੀ ਪਾਰਿ ਉਤਾਰੁ ॥4

ਭੈ ਕਾ ਸੰਜਮੁ ਜੇ ਕਰੇ ਦਾਰੂ ਭਾਉ ਲਾਏਇ ॥

ਭੈ ਕਾ ਸਹਜੁ ਸੀਗਾਰੁ ਕਰਿਹੁ ਸਚਿ ਰਹਹੁ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਇ ॥

So the meanings that Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee did (explained in my previous post) seem to be most accurate.

Kulbir Singh
January 04, 2010 11:42AM
Sangat Ji,

Daas recently experienced a "Kautak" in his life which Daas wants to share with the sangat. After asking the above question to many Singhs and Sangat of Gurmat Bibek, Daas was discussting this with local Singh in Austin. During the vichar some one mentioned that there is a family in Austin who was given a sewa of Larivaar saroop but the are facing difficulty. Daas always had a wish of getting a sewa of Larivaar Saroop .

Sangat Ji ... Daas cannot explain the amount of energy and happiness/excitement Guru Sahib bestowed in my heart after hearing the presence of Larivaar Saroop in Austin. Daas still opted to remain silent and decided to talk with the Family next day.

Next day itself, Daas called the family and explained the willingness of getting Larivaar Saroop sewa. Family was also eager to receive Pad Ched Saroop sewa. We- 5 Singhs, went to the family with pad-ched saroop and did a ardas and got the sewa of Larivaar Saroop ji.

Daas is thankful to all the sangat here.

Daas cannot explain his happiness .... Daas request Sangat ji , to give basic tips, one should consider while reading from Larivaar Saroop.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!
January 04, 2010 11:55AM
BOLEEEE SOOOOO NIHAAAAAAAAAAAL!!!

SAAAAAAAAT SREEEEEEEEEEEEEE AKAAAAAAAAAAAAAL !!!!

Singh jeeo, you are indeed fortunate that Guru Sahib has blessed you with his sewa. The sewa of the laridaar saroop of Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee is the true sewa of Guru Sahib.

Do paath of Maharaj jee everyday without fail; at least 5 angs a day. This is what I have learned from sangat of Singhs.

You will be taking hukamana Sahib at amritvela and sandhiya (evening) time. This alone will increase your practice of doing paath.

Kulbir Singh
January 04, 2010 02:48PM
a photo of guru sahib's saroop in lareevaar:

reading the hukamnama was slow going, but i had goosebumps just having his darshan. smiling smiley since i'm only beginning to be proficient in reading gurmukhi, i think being able to read every day from lareevaar is a real blessing. it will help the learning process a lot.

dhan sri guru granth sahib ji!
January 04, 2010 02:59PM
Thank you veer ji for clarifications
January 04, 2010 03:20PM
Veer Ji, just one more clarification please
Ka means Da or (of) in the examples quoted by you. But we are not taking this meaning of Ka when we say
ਭਉ ਕਾ ਇਸੁ ਤਨ ਤਾਈ
Here it means; Kahada or (for what) or (of what).

I do not know about any other pankiti; where ਭਉ ਕਾ has meanings as above. Please see if there is any.
January 04, 2010 08:39PM
MB Singh jeeo,

Veer Ji, just one more clarification please
Ka means Da or (of) in the examples quoted by you. But we are not taking this meaning of Ka when we say
ਭਉ ਕਾ ਇਸੁ ਤਨ ਤਾਈ
Here it means; Kahada or (for what) or (of what).

I do not know about any other pankiti; where ਭਉ ਕਾ has meanings as above. Please see if there is any.

If the word "Ka" means kahada as you pointed out, then it's not a preposition, and therefore the rules that I listed in my previous post are not applicable on it.

According to Mahan Kosh, there are following meanings of the word "Ka"

ਪ੍ਰਤ੍ਯ. ਸੰਬੰਧ ਬੋਧਕ. ਦਾ. "ਨਾਨਕ ਕਾ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਸੋਇ ਜਿਸ ਕਾ ਸਭਕੋਇ". (ਆਸਾ ਮਃ ੫)। (2) ਸਰਵ- ਕਃ ਕਿਆ. "ਕਹੁ ਜਨ, ਕਾ ਨਾਹੀ ਘਰ ਤਾਂਕੇ?" (ਗਉ ਕਬੀਰ)। (3) ਕੋਈ. "ਕਾ ਵਿਰਲੀ ਜਾਇ ਵੁਠੀ". (ਗਉ ਮਃ ੫)। (4) ਕਿਸ. "ਦੂਸਰ ਨਾਹੀ ਠਾਉ ਕਾ ਪਹਿ ਜਾਈਐ?" (ਜੈਤ ਛੰਤ ਮਃ ੫)। (5) ਵਿ- ਕਿੰਚਿਤ. ਕੁਛ. ਕੁਝ. "ਤਿਨਾ ਭੁਖ ਨ ਕਾ ਰਹੀ". (ਗਉ ਵਾਰ ੨. ਮਃ ੫) "ਲੋਭੀ ਕਾ ਵੇਸਾਹੁ ਨ ਕੀਜੈ ਜੇ ਕਾ ਪਾਰਵਸਾਇ". (ਸਵਾ ਮਃ ੩).

Please provide the meanings of the pankiti in Punjabi, so that we may attempt to understand.

Kulbir Singh
January 04, 2010 09:56PM
Veer Ji u know, in villages of Punjab in some area or streets; dogs were really a problem. For a stranger; it was more so. Young boys or girls were more afraid of those dogs when passing through alone. I really can not manage those still now. A thought of those gives a shiver. Similarly; we are alone and strangers about all those desires being raised within our body; by the negative forces e.g. Kaam, Krodh, Lobh , Moh etc. Day or night they are asking for something and bothering us. We do not know how to tackle them. But if YOU are with me to help fighting against them, then why I need worry or be afraid of them. (All pankities before this pankiti; from the beginning "Too Sultan Kahan Hon Mian---- too speak like that in the voice of a poor helpless humble person. Please read again all those.) Why I need worry? Oh Mainu Kahada Darr. (You will be with me to help.)

"""Bhagat Heen Nanak Je hoega, Taa Khasme naao Naa Jaaee"""

And u know how Pooran Ji used to speak second part of this pankiti.

It is difficult to translate.

May be; "If there is no one to be a Bhagat of yours; Oh Akal Purakh; will it be worth your glory?".

I am sorry Veer Ji; for all these silly attempts. Please help.
January 05, 2010 08:05AM
MB Singh jeeo,

The thoughts presented in your posts are definitely according to Gurmat and I like them but to derive the meanings that you are suggesting, there are some difficulties. The word ਤਾਈ will have to be interpreted as "Vich" (the Bikaars are bothering me inside the body) but as far as I know, this word is not used in this meaning in Gurbani. I haven't done too much research on it but it just does not seem to be used in the meanings of 'Vich' but is used for the meanings of either:

1) ਲਈ. ਵਾਸਤੇ. ਨਿਮਿੱਤ
2) ਤੀਕ. ਤੋੜੀ. ਤਕ.

The meanings that Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee did seem to be correct.

Bhul chuk dee maafi jee.

Kulbir Singh
January 05, 2010 10:02AM
Veer Ji, interestingly; we are closeby.

ਭਉ ਕਾ = Why worry
ਇਸੁ ਤਨ ਤਾਈ = To this body

(ISS BODY NOON DARR KAHADA?) meaning (There is no chance of harm to my body)

ਤਾਈ with nasal sound, we do use in the meaning of "Noo"
e.g. "Mere Taaeen tang naa karo." meaning "Please, do not bother (to) me."

Why we need meanings of ਤਾਈ as inside or Vich? Dogs are not inside us. They are outside. They harm the body. -----------Of course, when we take its "Bhaav Arath"----then all the symbolic words; ਕੂਕਰ, ਬੇਗਾਨਾ, ਭਉ,ਤਨ, ਤਾਈ; refer to inside story of human body; automatically.

All these are my "TEER TUKE".
January 05, 2010 10:25AM
MB Singh jeeo,

It makes much more sense now. I have a feeling that Talwara jee has done this meaning of this pankiti. Is this correct?

Kulbir Singh
January 05, 2010 10:31AM
May be, not sure.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login