ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ishnan

Posted by SinghAbb 
Ishnan
August 14, 2014 11:35PM

[gurmatbibek.com]

It says that Bhai Jagtar singh got ready for abhias in six minutes.
Does anyone know any ways to this, and in general how to get ready fast?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Ishnan
August 15, 2014 01:40PM
Taking a quick shower is not so difficult if you are determined to take a quick shower.

A few years back I lived in small apartment with 3 other Singhs. We only had one shower. Everyday we would go for Amrit Vela around 2:50am, and since we got up a little before 2:20 am this meant we hall had 4-5 minutes to take a shower in order for us to have enough time to dress and drive to the Gurdwara Sahib. On rare occasions when guest came we only had 2-3 minutes to spare to take a shower, lol. Its really not hard to take a quick shower if you want too.
August 15, 2014 02:51PM
Agree with Sukhdeep Singh above. Daas doesn't take more than 8-10 minutes to do Ishnaan at Amritvela. When you are doing Ishnaan with ice-cold water, then there is little motivation to play with water and waste time.

Kulbir Singh
August 16, 2014 12:34AM
So if one gets up at 2:30 they should be ready for path/simran by 2:40? Does the 8-10 mins include brushing teeth and going toilet?
May 07, 2015 10:16PM
I'm still a big fail at this. You guys are saying things that I have probably never done in my life. And I try pretty hard but I just can't decrease my total getting ready time enough.
List of what it takes for me to get ready:
1. Brushing teeth
(properly)
2. Number 2
(depending on stomach condition)
3. Body Shower
taking soap off never speeds up and then there's scrubbing the kashera
4. Hair wash
Have to put keski around waist, then it might be shampoo day
5. first drying of hair
6. then sit down for proper bhagti.

How does anyone condense all of this into ten minutes??????????????
Pleease tell me how to do anything faster because this is one of my most annoying problems at this moment.
May 08, 2015 11:25AM
If your option 2nd and 5th option can be done later on then you can save plenty of time. You don't need to dry hair you can also just open hair under the fan or without fan and just start your abhiyaas. While abhiyaas you can just cover your head with keski like girls take chunni and start Simran and then nitnem after all your abhiyaas you will not require drier to dry your hair because after that they themselves gets dry. The procedure you following is really too wastage. I mean it's amritwela time veer ji. We should try to take as much lahaa as we can. If after bathing you sit to dry your hair then It is obvious that it would take time. You should try to do it later on. And if it's not urgent you can also do number 2 after your amritwela. I am also in 10-12 min category. I hope this would help just give it a try.
Vaheguruoo jee kaa khalsa
Vaheguruoo jee kii fateh...
May 09, 2015 07:23PM
I have the same problem. Can't get ready quickly. It's not the amount of time under water that is the problem. One obvious problem is if you don't get your clothes ready the night before you end up wasting time running around searching for everything. Then if you have long kes, it takes longer to do kanga and wash kes. It then takes time to do kanga again to take out the knots that develop when they get wet (no one else I know seems to have this problem) and then for someone like me whose kes is extremely difficult to dry, one has to spend a few extra minutes squeezing out as much water as possible. I also don't know how most people seem to be able to brush their teeth, wash their face, empty stomach, etc all so quickly. Maybe people like us have deh's which are more high maintenance and that's why it takes longer to et ready. Even when I'm running and doing everything as fast as I possibly can, can't get ready in less than half an hour.
May 10, 2015 12:48PM
That is almost exactly my problem, especially with the hair because it's very long. Shampoo days can take longer too. I don't use a dryer, I just use a towel to take some water out. Then while I'm doing paath, I separate my hair with my fingers before sitting down. This makes it way easier to comb after it dries. But that doesn't count as washroom time because I do that in the bedroom.
May 11, 2015 07:42AM
Brushing Teeth - 5 mins

Having Poo - 10 - 15 mins

Shower and Kesh - 7 mins

Getting ready - 3 mins

Washing kashera ie any stains on them - 5 mins

Minimum - 30 mins

Remember in that time you can still do bhagti.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login