ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Collection of Articles on Sarbloh Bibek

Posted by sk 
The following document contains 15 articles from various sources on sarbloh bibek. For some reason the gurmukhi font does not show up in the link, and pages also get disorganized, but this problem can be fixed by downloading the file and opening it up in Word.

[www.dropbox.com]
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
This is awesome! Great seva Bhenjee. We can easily send this to people who want to gain knowledge about Sarbloh Bibek.
Really good SK Jee. This can be published as a small book.
Very good effort Sanmukh Kaur. If only the Punjabi fonts could be fixed, it would be a wonderful collection of articles on Sarbloh Bibek.

Kulbir Singh
This is a great effort bhenji, especially the way they are arranged as question and answers. Excellent resource to answer many questions!

Thank you for doing the sewa.
Problem solved! The file has been uploaded as a pdf and can be viewed here:
[www.dropbox.com]

Will create a folder for the individual articles for easier viewing soon.
Wonderul efforts ! I am surpised Bhai Kaur SIngh Jis ( not Akali Kaur Singh Ji) articles were not recorded. He probably has one of the best articles about Sarab Loh bibek.

[tapoban.org]

On a side note , one of the articles mentions how Baba Hari Singh ( randhawa) is a strict bibekee. I dont know about rite now but 10 years ago he wasnt strict. When he use to come to my hometown he use to stay at one of my best friends house. My friend and his dad use to drink and eat meat. Hari Singh would stay there as long as all meat and alchol was removed from the house . He would eat from my friends mom who didnt drink or eat meat but she was not an Amritdhari Sikh. These are some good basic steps, but it cant be classified as Strict bibekee.
Hanjee, Bhai Kaur Singh Ji's article is in the second last section on page 62, 'Selected Writings from Other Gurmukhs'.
I dont remember seeing this info in the article:

Jathebandeeaa

There are many Jathebandeeaa at this moment in time, when we examine them we find they have positive points as well as negatives.

When one Sikh or one Jathaa is in Chardeekalaa (high spirits) then it automatically attracts other seekers of truth. They have great faith in the word of God, which results in their spiritual state increasing tenfold. One must realise that the Sikh only becomes Chardeekalaa once they have adopted complete Rehat and meditated on the Name of the lord.

The beloveds that give their love to the Panth forget that they have reached such a state due to adopting complete Rehat and so this becomes an area of weakness.

These beloveds create a group of Gursikhs who hold similar views, in time they become a separate Jathebandee then even when the beloved passes away, his followers keep faith in him.

When Gianee Gurbachan Singh Jee Khaalsaa was head of Taksaal there were less weaknesses. Candidates for Amrit were instructed to keep Sarbloh Bibek, Bibiaa were instructed to wear Dastaar. Giaanee Jee was Sarblohee himself and his family all wore the turban, including women. He especially had great love and affection for Bhai Sahib Randheer Singh. Believe it or not, both of their Rehats were almost exactly matching. After the passing away of the two Singhs, weaknesses crept in to both Jathebandeeaa, however, Dastaar is still prescribed to be mandatory in the Akhand Keertanee Jathaa.

The head of the Naamdhaaree sect, Baba Raam Singh kept full Rehat, which included Sarbloh Bibek, Shastar and BaaNaa he was a complete Khalsaa. Their Rehat did not stay, but the group is still around. Nowadays they are far from Gurmat ideals and have started their own line of Gurus, this is why they are rejected by mainstream Sikhs. It is evident that ritual has become their love rather than religion. Such as, the Neel Dhaarees who wear Blue Kamar Kassai (belt around waist). Even the women do not shy away from wearing the Kamar Kassai. They are followers of a Sant and do not hesitate to wear the Kamar Kassa, but yet they hesitate to accept the Rehat as laid down by Guru Gobind Singh Jee. None of them have adopted the five articles of faith (Panj Kakkar, including Dastaar), nor have they taken up Sarbloh Bibek.

If one analyses these weaknesses, it becomes crystal clear that there is no Khalsaa spirit left within the Panth, with which all the Khalsaa would have adopted one Rehat and the Khalsaa itself would have been one Jathebandee, there would only be one Panth. Then all other Jathebandeeaa would have shut down.

Jab Lag Khalsa Rahe Niaara || Tab Lag Tej Dheeyo Meh Saara ||

Have faith that when the Panth comes to fully recognising and drilling this pure Mukhvaak of Kalgeedhar Guru Gobind Singh Ji they will immediately come to abide in Chardi Kala. One should contemplate over every word in this Mukhvaak, it is not so hard to understand. If the Khalsa stays distinct then Guru Kalgeedhar says ‘Mai Poora Saaraa Tej Bakhshaa gaa, Devaa(n)gaa’, meaning I will give the Khalsa my complete blessings (and power).

The Khalsa is a distinct nation, its birth was most distinct, the lifestyle of a Khalsa is distinct, the food and clothes the Khalsa wears is distinct and the love the Khalsa has for the almighty is most distinct. In ‘Singhaa Da Panth Niraala’ Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Ji says why can’t every limb of a Sikh be pure? Only when ‘Khalsa Akal Purakh Kee Fauj || Pragatio Khalsa Pramaatam Kee Mauj ||’. We are only pure if we stay distinct, we can only get blessings if we stay distinct.

How can a Khalsa stay distinct? This is a big principle that we must all take steps to understanding. It has already been said [in another chapter] that Gurmat virtues have a heavy affect on daily life, but we must be ready to follow the Rehat, thus making us distinct from others. In order to follow this, one must adopt the total and true Rehat. [An effort has been made in the books ‘Ram Raj’, Tos Ekta’ and ‘Sarbloh Bibek’ to explain the Maryada].

The next line of this Mukhvaak reads, ‘Jab Eh Gahai Bipran Kee Reet || Mai Na Karo In Kee Prteet||’. When we come to abide and make friends in the society of Niguray and Be-Amriteeai then we loose all our blessings.

Tying a Dastar (turban) plays a big role in our distinctness. An English historian writes: -

“The Sikh women are distinguished from Hindoos of their sex by some variety of dress but chiefly by a higher TOP knot of hair” by J.D. Cunningham. (Appendix XIV History of the Sikhs).

Sikh Females are easily recognisable from Hindoo females. In olden times all Singhnia adorned a top knot of hair on the Tenth Gate (Dasam Dwar). Cunningham also writes that during battles these turbaned women would fight along side their brothers.
Thanks for the article jee. I will try to add that to the file when I get a chance.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login