ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Akal Takht Sahib and Singh Sahibaan's Huknamaas

Posted by BalrajSingh 
Vaaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa,
Vaaheguru Jee Kee Fateh !

Recently we have seen that we have started to ignore/question the AKAL TAKHT SAHIB and Singh Sahibaan's Huknamaas. I was recently a part of an email conversation where the individuals advised to discuss the Matters with AKAL TAKHT Sahib instead of blindly following it.The theory was powered by saying that we are in western world now (have the right to SAY) and also Guru Sahib has asked us to do OPEN VICHAAR. WOW - we call this a VICHAAR ? In past few days we saw IDENTIFIED individual doing this at AKAL TAKHT SAHIB - what example is being set ??

This to me looks to be amongst the worst issue PANTH has ever had. There is no doubt that TAKHTs are Politics influenced but should we still start questioning the AKAL TAKHT SAHIB ? which has been the supreme court for the Sikhs ever since Guru Hargobind Sahib. I think we only stand ONE/UNITED if we all BOW to the Power of Akal Takht Sahib and the Punj Payaras. We will badly be out of the way if this is not stopped/understand by the SIKH PANTH.

Vaaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa,
Vaaheguru Jee Kee Fateh !
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
this is a serious problem we are facing today. looks like the anti sikh forces have successfully reduced the respect of Akal Takhat in the eyes of sikhs. second problem is that the jathedars are stooges of politicians like badal.

sikhs should not lose faith in the Takhat. they should obey the hukamnama. this western idea of freedom of speech has no place in sikhi. a sikh does not observe freedom of speech in affairs of basic sikh fundamentals like rehat, baani, amrit sanchar.
Guru Piyare jio,

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh

Daas strongly believes that as long at least if Jathaydaars (PANJ) hold this Maryada that:
1) Asthaan: Sri Akaal Takhat Sahib means literally Throne of Takhat Sahib as given by Guru Sahib.
2) Parkaash of Sri Guru Granth Sahib.
3) Panj Singh (Jathaydaar of all Takhats or mix with Head Granthi Singhs).

And as long as they fulfill this Maryada, Guru Jot will serve the purpose and the decision will be always right then complete Sikh Panth will bow to the decision and there will be no excuse for anyone to argue about decision. But if there is any dhill in above three key components means place is not Takhat sahib and (or) Guru Sahib's Parkash is not done then the decision will be incomplete and might have divisive effect on Sikh Panth. Daas hopes Jathaydaars will not let happen any dhill from above three key components in future. Then gupt or public meeting will be their right decide, which no one can challenge.

With Regards,
Daas,
JASJIT SINGH
Gurfateh if stooges which are badal induced make any rule then it should be questioned(i feel) people questioning sometimes is a good thing, however once questioned means the institution is proven questionable then it needs to be fixed to bring it back to immaculate status. I think a panj pyare jatha is who needs to conduct issues of hukamnama etc. One idiot incharge can screw everything up (which sounds like the trend) if a jathadar cant uphold gurmat then they fell from jathadar status and need be removed by panthic authority etc, a jathadar should not care about public opinion and should only care of gurbanis opinion. I even think this issue funnels down to every single gurduara management etc if they are fake they need be removed by sadhsangat, sangat doesnt matter, sadhsangat does. Gursikhs are sadhsangat, mona and foolish kaysdharis are not sadhsangat. Akal takhat needs to be ran by true khalsa and not by politics run in western style. Its gross that idiots are incharge while we sit and watch????????? We think too much wsternized (courts appoint laws etc) if courts are corrupt then they are not justice and only a revolution can implement truthful conservative protocol etc, corruption gives birth to more corruption, purity has to stay pure or be re-purified. True sikhi is followed by sikhs, the rest made "the church of manmat" and it shows what dereliction to gurmat does. Vahiguroo @:-)€
Thats a very ideal situation where the Jathedhars work independent of the politics. Unfortunately we know that for some years thats not the case. But shouldnt we think of some other better solutions rather than questioning the Jathedhars as that will send it as a trend and that the fear is that the importance of the place will be lost over the time (Althought Guru Sahib is himself RAKHAAAYK). I also feel that we only stand united under Akal Takht Sahib and Punj Payaras. I see your point of wrong decisions but then i think in that case the reponsibility lies on their shoulders(who ddoes so). Also if they work under the shadow of Politics or whatever i feel the BHAAAAAR is on them. I am not sure if we can compare the Akal Takht with the Western Courts as then we slip from the entire conecept of PUNJ PARDHAAANi System.

I still feel most of the Sikh Panth is deeply attached to the Akal Takht Sahib and does respect as the supreme court of Sikhism and happily show eagerness to listen the decision on major MASLAAs from it (we saw that in the case of RAM Rahim and now in the Dasam Granth Masla). I also feel that no doubt its all politics drivern at the moment , but also we shouldnt forget the power of Sangat who would be able to turn the STATS around quickly enough in no time as Sangat has the power of strong SHARDA in it and Guru Sahib is RAKHAAANHAAR.

Bhul Chuk Maaf !!
I think most of this problem we have of independance of the Singh Sahibaan, is because Shiromini Committee is not independant. This can be easily solved if the candidates who fight elections are not allowed to associate with any political party. Now SGPC is controlled indirectly by Akali Dal Badal. SGPC controls or nominates the Singh Sahibaan. This way Badal Dal controls Singh Sahibaan. This makes the Singh Sahibaan influenced by the politicians. No party should be allowed to fight elections and all candidates should be strict Gursikhs.

Guru Sahib kirpa karan.

Kulbir Singh
The problem is, before Badal the Akali Dal was a fairly clean party. SAD before Badal was a party that had a pro Sikh pro Punjab agenda and followed some principles. Now this once great Sikh party has become a corrupt party no different than the Congress party of Punjab. The result is that since the SGPC is under the control of the SAD politicians, the SGPC is likely to be as corrupt as the SAD is. Another unfortunate trend in the SAD is that it is fast becoming a family based party rather than a party based on merit. After Badal, his son Sukhbir will become the new leader. This is also the trend other ministers close to Badal are following, where their sons will succeed their fathers.

There should be some rules and regulations on who can join the SGPC. Firstly, a Sikh who is not following at least the basic Rehet Maryadha should not be considered a candidate. Most SGPC members do not have Amritvela or even have the Nitnem memorised, this alone should be enough to prevent someone from joining the SGPC which controls our holiest shrines. Secondly, why do elected SGPC officials needs bodyguards and “Laal Batee walee” cars? Another thing is, there should be some sort of examination for SGPC members to determine how much knowledge they have about Sikhism and Sikh history, this will also prevent many unqualified men from becoming top officials. And, last but not least, any man having contact with any political party should be prevented from joining SGPC.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login