ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Akaal Chalana: Bhai Mokham Singh jee (Ludhiana)

Posted by Jatinderpal Singh 
Bhai Mokham Singh jee (Ludhiana) has done Akaal chalana today (12th February 2014). Bhai Saahib was a long time sevadaar of Akhand Keertanee Jatha and played a heavy part in the Jujharoo lehar/sangarsh since the Shaheedhis in 1978 and post 1984. Bhai Saahib's brother, Shaheed Bhai Gurcharan Singh jee attained shaheedi in the 1978 saka and are commonly known from the 'Bir parivaar'. Bhai Mokham Singh jee done khoob seva during the sangarsh and many times went into hiding during the movement. During that period, Bhai Saahib's Singhnee attained Shaheedi in a fake encounter by the notorious Punjab Police. Bhai Mokham Singh jee endured severe torture during interrogations but still remained loyal to the movement. Bhai Saahib's chaRayee is a great loss to the Panth and Bhai Mokham Singh jee will be remembered as a great Babbar Singh who endured so much but still remained doing seva in Chardeekalan.

Antim sanskaar will take place tomorrow (13th February 2014) in Ludhiana.

Jatinderpal Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Forward message from England Singhs:

ਭਾਈ ਮੋਹਕਮ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਅਕਾਲ ਪੁਰਖ ਦੇ ਰੰਗਾਂ ਵਿੱਚ ਰੰਗੀ ਹੋਈ ਸ਼ਖਸੀਅਤ ਸਨ । ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਅਖੰਡ ਕੀਰਤਨੀ ਜਥੇ ਦੇ ਮੁਹਤਬਰ ਸਿੰਘਾਂ ਵਿੱਚੋਂ ਸਨ । ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਦਾ ਪਰਿਵਾਰ ਮੌਜੂਦਾ ਸਿੱਖ ਸੰਘਰਸ਼ ਦਾ ਧੁਰਾ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ । 1978 ਦੇ ਸਾਕੇ ਵਿੱਚ ਭਾਈ ਮੁਹਕਮ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਦੇ ਛੋਟੇ ਵੀਰ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਚਰਨ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਸ਼ਹੀਦੀ ਜਾਮ ਪੀਤਾ । ਸੰਘਰਸ਼ ਦੌਰਾਨ ਸਮੂਹ ਖਾੜਕੂ ਜਥੇਬੰਦੀਆਂ ਨੂੰ ਹਰ ਤਰਾਂ ਦਾ ਸਹਿਯੋਗ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦੇ ਪਰਿਵਾਰ ਨੇ ਦਿੱਤਾ । ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਦੀ ਸਿੰਘਣੀ ਬੀਬੀ ਗੁਰਨਾਮ ਕੌਰ ਨੂੰ ਖਾੜਕੂ ਸਿੰਘਾਂ ਦੀ ਪ੍ਰਸ਼ਾਦਾ ਪਾਣੀ ਦੀ ਸੇਵਾ ਕਰਨ ਦੇ ਗੁਨਾਹ ਵਿੱਚ ਪੁਲਿਸ ਵੱਲੋਂ ਚੁੱਕ ਲਿਆ ਗਿਆ ਤੇ ਅੱਤ ਦਰਜ ਦਾ ਜੁਲਮ ਕਰਨ ਤੋਂ ਬਾਅਦ ਗਾਇਬ ਕਰ ਦਿੱਤਾ ਗਿਆ ਅਤੇ ਅੱਜ ਤੱਕ ਵੀ ਉਹਨਾਂ ਬਾਰੇ ਕੁਝ ਪਤਾ ਨਹੀਂ ਲੱਗਿਆ ।

ਭਾਈ ਮੁਹਕਮ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਸਿੱਖ ਕੌਮ ਦੇ ਗਲੋਂ ਗੁਲਾਮੀ ਦਾ ਜੂਲਾ ਲਾਹੁਣ ਲਈ ਮੌਜੂਦਾ ਸਿੱਖ ਸੰਘਰਸ਼ ਦੌਰਾਨ ਤਨ, ਮਨ ਤੇ ਧਨ ਨਾਲ ਅਣਥੱਕ ਸੇਵਾ ਕੀਤੀ । ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਆਪਣਾ ਬਹੁਤਾ ਜੀਵਨ ਰੂਪੋਸ਼ ਗੁਜ਼ਾਰਿਆ । 1990 ਦੇ ਸ਼ੁਰੂ ਵਿੱਚ ਜਦੋਂ ਪੰਜਾਬ ਅੰਦਰ ਜ਼ਾਲਮ ਨੇ ਜ਼ੁਲਮ ਦੀ ਹਨੇਰੀ ਵਗਾਈ ਹੋਈ ਸੀ ਤਾਂ ਉਸ ਦਾ ਸਿਆਸੀ ਤੌਰ ਤੇ ਜਵਾਬ ਦੇਣ ਲਈ ਸ਼ਰੋਮਣੀ ਬੱਬਰ ਅਕਾਲੀ ਦਲ ਦੀ ਸਥਾਪਨਾ ਕੀਤੀ ਗਈ । ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦਾ ਉਸ ਦੀ ਸਥਾਪਨਾ ਅਤੇ ਜਥੇਬੰਦਕ ਕੰਮ ਕਾਜ ਵਿੱਚ ਬਹੁਤ ਹੀ ਅਹਿਮ ਰੋਲ ਰਿਹਾ । ਇਸ ਗੱਲ ਕਰਕੇ ਉਹ ਹਮੇਸ਼ਾਂ ਸਰਕਾਰ ਦੀਆਂ ਅੱਖਾਂ ਵਿੱਚ ਰੜਕਦੇ ਰਹੇ । 1999 ਵਿੱਚ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਸਿੱਖ ਕੌਮ ਦੀ ਸੇਵਾ ਕਰਦਿਆਂ ਜ਼ਾਲਮ ਸਰਕਾਰ ਦੇ ਹੱਥ ਆ ਗਏ । ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਨੂੰ ਅੰਨ੍ਹਾ ਤਸ਼ੱਦਦ ਕਰਕੇ ਪੁਲਿਸ ਨੇ ਖਾੜਕੂਆਂ ਬਾਰੇ ਰਾਜ਼ ਪਤਾ ਕਰਨ ਦੀ ਕੋਸ਼ਿਸ਼ ਕੀਤੀ ਪਰ ਉਹ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦੇ ਦ੍ਰਿੜ ਇਰਾਦੇ ਨੂੰ ਡੁਲਾ ਨਾ ਸਕੇ । ਦਿੱਲੀ ਦੀ ਤਿਹਾੜ ਜੇਲ੍ਹ ਦੇ ਅੰਦਰ ਰਹਿੰਦਿਆਂ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਉੱਤੇ ਸਿੱਖ ਦੁਸ਼ਮਣ ਐਲ ਕੇ ਅਡਵਾਨੀ ਨੂੰ ਬੰਬ ਨਾਲ ਉਡਾਉਣ ਦੀ ਸਾਜ਼ਿਸ਼ ਰਚਣ ਦੇ ਦੋਸ਼ ਵਿੱਚ ਦੁਬਾਰਾ ਕੇਸ ਪਾ ਕੇ ਅੰਨੇ ਤਸ਼ੱਦਦ ਦਾ ਨਿਸ਼ਾਨਾ ਬਣਾਇਆ ਗਿਆ । ਤਕਰੀਬਨ ਇੱਕ ਦਹਾਕਾ ਭਾਈ ਸਹਿਬ ਜ਼ਾਲਮ ਦੀ ਜੇਲ੍ਹ ਵਿੱਚ ਬੰਦ ਰਹੇ । ਜ਼ਾਲਮ ਸਰਕਾਰ ਨੇ ਉਹਨਾਂ ਦਾ ਸਰੀਰ ਤਸ਼ੱਦਦ ਕਰਕੇ ਇਸ ਤਰਾਂ ਨਕਾਰਾ ਕਰ ਦਿੱਤਾ ਸੀ ਕਿ ਉਹਨਾਂ ਦਾ ਸਰੀਰ ਲਗਾਤਾਰ ਬਿਮਾਰ ਰਹਿਣ ਲੱਗ ਪਿਆ ਸੀ । ਸਰੀਰ ਸਾਥ ਨਾ ਦੇਣ ਦੇ ਬਾਵਜੂਦ ਵੀ ਉਹ ਹਮੇਸ਼ਾਂ ਬੁਲੰਦ ਇਰਾਦੇ ਦੇ ਮਾਲਕ ਸਨ । ਸਿੱਖ ਕੌਮ ਉੱਤੇ ਹਿੰਦੁਸਤਾਨ ਦੀ ਸਰਕਾਰ ਵੱਲੋਂ ਕੀਤੇ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਸਿਆਸੀ ਅਤੇ ਧਾਰਮਿਕ ਹਮਲਿਆਂ ਪ੍ਰਤੀ ਉਹ ਕੌਮ ਦੀ ਨਵੀਂ ਪੀੜੀ ਨੂੰ ਸੁਚੇਤ ਕਰਕੇ ਉਹਨਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਜਾਲਮ ਖਿਲਾਫ ਸੰਘਰਸ਼ ਕਰਨ ਦੀ ਪ੍ਰੇਰਨਾ ਦਿੰਦੇ ਸਨ । ਪਿਛਲੇ ਕੁਝ ਸਮੇਂ ਤੋਂ ਉਹ ਕਾਫੀ ਬਿਮਾਰ ਚੱਲੇ ਆ ਰਹੇ ਸਨ । ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਦੇ ਭਾਣੇ ਅੰਦਰ ਅੱਜ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਅਕਾਲ ਚਲਾਣਾ ਕਰ ਗਏ ਹਨ । ਭਾਈ ਮੁਹਕਮ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਦਾ ਜੀਵਨ ਸਿੱਖ ਕੌਮ ਦੀ ਅਜ਼ਾਦੀ ਲਈ ਜੂਝ ਰਹੇ ਹਰ ਇੱਕ ਸਿੰਘ ਲਈ ਚਾਨਣ ਮੁਨਾਰਾ ਹੈ ।

Jatinderpal Singh
Waheguru!
Aah! Bhai Mohkam Singh jee too has passed away. All the Singhs are leaving us; don't know who will guide us in this world. After Bhai Mahinder Singh jee, now his important companion too has left us. Guru Sahib kirpa karan.

Just a couple of weeks ago we heard that Bhai Sahib was very sick and had paralysis on most of his body. We consulted fellow Singhs and decided to find a Sewadaar Singh from India to serve and help Bhai Sahib but Bhai Sahib refused all help. He was very Khuddaar (high self respect). He wanted no one's help. His health was actually improving and the news of his Akaal Chalaana came as a big surprise.

I had the fortune of hearing about Bhai Sahib throughout the militant days. He was a fearless Gursikh and he took heavy risks to help the Kharkoo movement. His wife got Shaheed, his children, two boys, were raised by relatives while he served the Khalsa Panth. He spent more than a decade of his life in jail in very dire conditions. His life was spared only because he was arrested by the Delhi police who refused to hand him over to the Punjab police who would have surely killed him in a false encounter.

I first met him in 2004-2005 and then met him many times after that. I don't think anyone in the Jatha or outside had the guts to say no to Bhai Sahib. He was fearless and knew no weakness. He could face the whole crowd alone and the crowd would be scared of him. This was all because of the Sewa he did and sacrifices he made.

My head bows to the Charan of such Gursikhs as Bhai Mohkam Singh. To be honest, I got very upset hearing about his Akaal Chalaana. There was a huge desire to meet him and talk to him, one more time. He took with him very important parts of Sikh history. Wish, someone had noted down key adventures of Bhai Sahib. Alas...

Kulbir Singh
ਇਕ ਵਾਰ ਦਾਸ ਨੇ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਤੋਂ ੳਹਨਾਂ ਦੇ ਪਰਿਵਾਰ ਬਾਰੇ ਪੁਛਿਆ ਤਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਕਹਿਣ ਲਗੇ ਕਿ ਮੇਰੇ ਦੋ ਬੇਟੇ ਹਨ! ਮੇਰੇ ਜੇਲ੍ਹ ਜਾਣ ਤੋਂ ਬਾਅਦ ਅਤੇ ਸਿੰਘਣੀ ਦੇ ਸ਼ਹੀਦ ਹੋਣ ਕਰਕੇ ੳਹਨਾਂ ਦਾ ਪਾਲਣ ਪੋਸ਼ਣ ੳਹਨਾਂ ਦੇ ਨਾਨਕੇ ਪਰਿਵਾਰ ਨੇ ਕੀਤਾ! ਤੇ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦਾ ਸਹੁਰਾ ਪਰਿਵਾਰ ਗੁਰਸਿਖ ਨਾ ਹੋਣ ਕਰਕੇ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦੇ ਦੋਨੋਂ ਬੇਟੇ ਵੀ ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਤੋਂ ਬਾਗੀ ਹੋ ਗਏ! ਜਦੋਂ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੇਲ੍ਹ ਤੋਂ ਬਾਹਰ ਆਏ ਤੇ ਆਪਣੇ ਪੁਤਰਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਪਤਿਤ ਹੋਏ ਦੇਖਿਆ ਤਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਨੇ ੳਹਨਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਸਪਸ਼ਟ ਕਹਿ ਦਿਤਾ ਕਿ ਜੇ ਤੁਸੀਂ ਦੁਬਾਰਾ ਉਸ ਰੂਪ ਆਂੳਦੇ -ਹੋ ਜਿਸ ਰੂਪ ਮੈਂ ਤੁਹਨੂੰ ਛੱਡਕੇ ਗਿਆ ਸੀ! ਫਿਰ ਤਾਂ ਤੁਹਾਡਾ ਮੇਰਾ ਰਿਸ਼ਤਾ ਹੈ ਵਰਨਾ ਮੈਂ ਸਮਝਾਂਗਾ ਕਿ ਮੇਰੇ ਕੋਈ ਔਲਾਦ ਹੀ ਨਹੀਂ ਸੀ! ਅਤੇ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਆਪਣੇ ਇਹਨਾਂ ਬਚਨਾਂ ਤੇ ਅਡੋਲ ਰਹੇ! ਕੋਟਿ ਕੋਟਿ ਪ੍ਰਣਾਮ ਐਸੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਕੇ ਸੂਰੇ ਨੂੰ!
Vaheguru!
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa waheguru ji Ki fateh.

Bhai Sahib Bhai Mohkam Singh ji and his brother Gurcharan Singh ji Shaheed were my late Dad Gyani darbara Singh dalers favourite nephews. My dad kept in pristine condition each letter they wrote from kuwait where they ahd gone in the ealry 70's.Vasakhi 1978 was the saddest day in his life when he received the news about the nakli nirankarees kartoot and the shaheedee of his favourite nephew Gurcharan Singh.
Last dass had the good fortune to have stayed with my Bhua Ji Narain kaur, sister Kartar kaur and Bhai Mohkam Singh ji at their Ludihaina residence on my last visit to Punjab. Dass saw with my own eyes that Dad's eldest sister Narain kaur had done such a good job of making her fmaily such staunch Gursikhs. The time spent at their residence was nothing short of heaven if there is one.
May Akal Purakh allot the most respected palce at His Charan kanwal to this tireless servant of the Guru Khalsa panth. And May He keep on showering His blessings upon the family. Truly Blessed are such Gurmukhs..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login