ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gajran di Sabji

Posted by KaramvirSingh 
Gajran di Sabji
November 20, 2013 11:50AM
VJKKVJKF!

Can a pyaara tell me how to make Aloo Gajjaran di Sabji por favor..?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Gajran di Sabji
November 21, 2013 02:03AM
Www.eatbibek.com jio
November 21, 2013 07:12PM
Once you know how to make Tarka then all Sabji is easy to make.

For Gajra all you do is boil the potatoes and carrots in hot water. While they are boiling make your tarka.You can checke if the Potatoes and carrots are cooked fully by placing a knife in them if the knife goes through it means its ready to be thrown in the tarka. Then you must mix these vegetables along with mattar and then you are all done. The peas should be added last as they get cooked real fast. Some people also add the loon and masala at the very end. Tarka is made differently according to whoever Is making it. Some people like garlic, onions, spices etc and other things while others just add a few things its entirely up too the cook. This is the maryada my mother taught me Im sure there are different methods you can use.
November 21, 2013 09:44PM
Here is how I would do. More focus is on method and not on the quantity ratio.

1. Peel potatoes and carrot, wash them under running water and then dry them by patting with cloth or tissue. Cut them into small cube shaped pieces. (Tip : making them dry will avoid sticking to vessel while cooking).

2. Put washed (and dried) 'batta' on stove (gas-burner / heating-coil / induction or whatever). Heat the batta on medium flame for a minute. (Tip : doing this will avoid cooking oil getting smoked up).

3. Put oil (refined / mustard / sunflower or whatever oil you use) in 'batta' and heat on medium flame till the fumes start rising slowly.

4. Lower the flame. Now add zira (cumin) to oil. Wait till the bubbles of zira goes away.

5. Then put carrots to it slowly and mix it well with oil. Cook it on medium flame for some time with 'batta' covered with plate. Occasionally stir it one or two times.

6. Once you start seeing the carrots are getting little soft. Then add potatoes to it and mix it well with carrot. Again cover the 'batta' with plate and let it cook on low flame. Occasionally keep stirring it one or two times so that it does not stick to ‘batta’.

7. On seeing both potato and carrot getting real soft then add coriander (dhaniya) power and turmeric (haldi) power. Mix well and let it cook on low flame. Do not cover this time. Keep stirring to avoid sticking of sabzi to 'batta'.

8. In next few minutes add Salt, mix it well and let it cook on low flame with 'batta' covered for a minute or two. You are done and good to go.

This is simple and real quick. All it takes in 20 minutes and far less number of ingredients.

If you want it more fancy one then I may re-write it at what point to add onions, garlic, ginger, tomatoes, cilantro, asofetida and what not.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
November 22, 2013 10:11AM
Dhanvaad Gurmukho,

I used to visit this message board numerous times a day, but I haven't, for a while... Gajran di Sabji brought me here again haha. I came here because I knew I'd get a quick response, and you didn't fail me!! Time to do some catch-up reading thumbs up
November 23, 2013 06:54AM
Waheguru dhan dhan from this manmukh too ji..very delicious and easy recipes, amazing Gurmukh Khalsa Singho!
My apologies for posting link that did not have needed recipe ji.
bhul chuk muaf

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login