ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ਜਿਨਾ ਭਉ ਤਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਨਾਹਿ ਭਉ ਮੁਚੁ ਭਉ ਨਿਭਵਿਆਹ ॥

Posted by Sukhdeep Singh 
How is the word ਨਿਭਵਿਆਹ sampradan karak in the following pangti?

ਜਿਨਾ ਭਉ ਤਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਨਾਹਿ ਭਉ ਮੁਚੁ ਭਉ ਨਿਭਵਿਆਹ
Reply Quote TweetFacebook

How is the word ਨਿਭਵਿਆਹ sampradan karak in the following pangti?

ਜਿਨਾ ਭਉ, ਤਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਨਾਹਿ ਭਉ; ਮੁਚੁ ਭਉ ਨਿਭਵਿਆਹ ॥

Because the ਨਿਭਵਿਆਹ (fearless towards Vaheguru) get ਮੁਚੁ ਭਉ i.e. great fear (worldly fear). The first half of the Pankiti is for Gurmukhs. They have Godly ਭਉ and because of this they get ਨਾਹਿ ਭਉ (worldly fear) but the fearless towards Vaheguru (ਨਿਭਵਿਆਹ), get ਮੁਚੁ ਭਉ.

Most Paathis don't raise the Bindi in the end of ਨਿਭਵਿਆਹ which is a mistake. The Uchaaran should be ਨਿਭਵਿਆਂਹ.

Vichaar in Punjabi:

Pankiti Meaning: ਜਿਨਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਭਉ ਹੈ (ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਦਾ) ਉਹਨਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਭਉ ਨਹੀਂ (ਮਾਇਆ ਦਾ) ਪਰ ਨਿਭਵਿਆਂ (ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਵਲੋਂ ਨਿਡਰਿਆਂ ਨੂੰ) ਮੁਚੁ ਭਉ ਹੈ ਭਾਵ ਵੱਡਾ ਭਉ ਹੈ।

ਕਿਆ ਖੂਬਸੂਰਤ ਅਤੇ ਸਾਗਰ ਨਾਲੋਂ ਵੀ ਡੂੰਘੀ ਪੰਕਤੀ ਹੈ; ਮਾਨੋ ਸਾਰੀ ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਹੀ ਇਕ ਪੰਕਤੀ ਵਿਚ ਬੰਦ ਕਰਿ ਦਿਤੀ ਗਈ ਹੈ। ਭਉ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਦੀ ਕਿਆ ਕਮਾਲ ਦੀ ਵਰਤੋਂ ਕੀਤੀ ਹੈ। ਇਹ ਪੰਕਤੀ ਪੜ੍ਹ ਕੈ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਕਬੀਰ ਜੀਓ ਦੀ ਬਾਵਨ ਅਖਰੀ ਯਾਦ ਆ ਰਹੀ ਹੈ। ਉਸ ਵਿਚ ਵੀ ਇਕਲੀ ਇਕਲੀ ਪੰਕਤੀ ਵਿਚ ਸ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਟੀ ਬੰਦ ਕੀਤੀ ਹੋਈ ਹੈ।

Gurbani is Agam Agaad Bodh.

Kulbir Singh
Thank you Ji . Does this mean the second Bhau is Sampradan Karak as well since those that have fear for Waaheguru Ji receive no worldly fear?

Thank you Ji . Does this mean the second Bhau is Sampradan Karak as well since those that have fear for Waaheguru Ji receive no worldly fear?

Why would ਭਉ be Sampradaan Karak when it's not receiving anything?

It's very important to study the difference between Karam Kaarak and Sampradaan Kaarak because many times they may seem the same. Below is an example where both Kaaraks appear in one line:

ਪੰਜਾਂ ਪਿਆਰਿਆਂ ਨੇ, ਸਰਬਲੋਹ ਦੇ ਬਾਟੇ ਵਿਚ ਤਿਆਰ ਕਰਕੇ, ਅਭਿਲਾਖੀਆਂ ਨੂੰ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਛਕਾਇਆ।

ਪੰਜਾਂ ਪਿਆਰਿਆਂ - Karta Karak
ਸਰਬਲੋਹ - Sambandh Karak
ਬਾਟੇ - Adhikaran Karak
ਅਭਿਲਾਖੀਆਂ - Sampradaan Karak
ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ - Karam Karak

Having said that, in order to be fluent in Gurbani Viyakaran, there is not much need to be well-versed in the 8 Karaks or different forms of Kriya or Kriya Visheshan. If Guru Sahib wills, we will be starting a short in person course on Gurbani Viyakaran in Toronto, which will enable the serious students to understand Viyakaran required to interpret Gurbani. Singhs here have purchased a facility here to run a Gurmat Academy to achieve this goal. Professor Sahib Singh and Talwara jee have written complex Gurbani Viyakaran using these different classifications of grammar, which are not required to interpret Gurbani. It's much simpler than these books.

Kulbir Singh
Thank you Ji perhaps you can make utube videos when you start these classes.
It is interesting to hear that Gurbani Viakaran is simpler than in the books published by Talwara jee and prof jee.

Would it be possible that Toronto Singhs publish a Gurbani viakaran book for beginners?

I'm sure many would agree that the books written by respected scholars are difficult for the youth who are not fluent in Punjabi. A bookl with a mixture of English and Punjabi designed for the youth would be highly beneficial.
VJKK VJKF Bhai Kulbir Singh Ji,

Please could you tell us more about the Gurmat Academy and if the proposed Gurbani Viyakaran course would be open to sangat from abroad (daas is from UK).

VJKK VJKF
Kulbir Singh Jee,
Can u please explain the next pankiti of this salok and the next salok as well ? PLEASE, its a request.

ਸਲੋਕ ਮਹਲਾ ੨ ॥
Second Mehl:
Those who have the Fear of God, have no other fears; those who do not have the Fear of God, are very afraid.

ਨਾਨਕ ਏਹੁ ਪਟੰਤਰਾ ਤਿਤੁ ਦੀਬਾਣਿ ਗਇਆਹ ॥੧॥
O Nanak, this mystery is revealed at the Court of the Lord. ||1||

ਮਃ ੨ ॥
Second Mehl:

ਤੁਰਦੇ ਕਉ ਤੁਰਦਾ ਮਿਲੈ ਉਡਤੇ ਕਉ ਉਡਤਾ ॥
That which flows, mingles with that which flows; that which blows, mingles with that which blows.

ਜੀਵਤੇ ਕਉ ਜੀਵਤਾ ਮਿਲੈ ਮੂਏ ਕਉ ਮੂਆ ॥ जीवते कउ जीवता मिलै मूए कउ मूआ ॥
The living mingle with the living, and the dead mingle with the dead.

ਨਾਨਕ ਸੋ ਸਾਲਾਹੀਐ ਜਿਨਿ ਕਾਰਣੁ ਕੀਆ ॥੨॥
O Nanak, praise the One who created the creation. ||2||

Having said that, in order to be fluent in Gurbani Viyakaran, there is not much need to be well-versed in the 8 Karaks or different forms of Kriya or Kriya Visheshan. If Guru Sahib wills, we will be starting a short in person course on Gurbani Viyakaran in Toronto, which will enable the serious students to understand Viyakaran required to interpret Gurbani. Singhs here have purchased a facility here to run a Gurmat Academy to achieve this goal. Professor Sahib Singh and Talwara jee have written complex Gurbani Viyakaran using these different classifications of grammar, which are not required to interpret Gurbani. It's much simpler than these books.

It is interesting to hear that Gurbani Viakaran is simpler than in the books published by Talwara jee and prof jee.

Would it be possible that Toronto Singhs publish a Gurbani viakaran book for beginners?

I'm sure many would agree that the books written by respected scholars are difficult for the youth who are not fluent in Punjabi. A bookl with a mixture of English and Punjabi designed for the youth would be highly beneficial.

I think Kulbir Singh has written on here before that there is a simple Viakaran book published by the Sikh Missionary College that does not go into as much detail as Prof Sahib Singh and some of the other books. I think he also mentioned Talwara Jee has done a simple explantion of Viakaran in one his steeks at the end of the book, which is separate from his actual book on Gurbani Ucharn. I forgot which steek it was. Kulbir Singh can tell us which steek it was.
Gagan SIngh, In Talwara Jis steek " Salok Nauva" there is a chapter dedicated to Gurbani Viakaran which explains Gurbani Grammar in simple terms. Professor Maninder SIngh Ji has posted many Youtube videos explaining Gurbani Grammar in a very simple way. His audience includes Hindus as well so he explains Gurbani in extremely simple terms. These are some awesome videos.
[www.youtube.com]

A very nice SIngh emailed me some months ago giving me some websites which includes books on Gurbani Grammar. He mentioned Giani Harban Singh Ji has written a book which explains Gurbani Grammar in simple terms.
[www.scribd.com]

Also, he told me Talwara Jee’s encyclopaedia on Viakaran is also available online:
[www.vidhia.com]

He told me Singhs say this is very good book to learn from, but unfortunately its out of print. I don't know why books on Gurbani grammar are going out of print. Perhaps its a lack of interest from readers sad smiley
ਮਃ ੨ ॥
ਤੁਰਦੇ ਕਉ ਤੁਰਦਾ ਮਿਲੈ ਉਡਤੇ ਕਉ ਉਡਤਾ ॥
ਜੀਵਤੇ ਕਉ ਜੀਵਤਾ ਮਿਲੈ ਮੂਏ ਕਉ ਮੂਆ ॥
ਨਾਨਕ ਸੋ ਸਾਲਾਹੀਐ ਜਿਨਿ ਕਾਰਣੁ ਕੀਆ ॥੨॥

The above Salok by Siri Guru Angad Dev jee opens many spiritual mysteries. A walking creature meets a walking person only and a flying creature meets a flying creature. A living person meets a living person and a dead meets dead person. Therefore, praise Vaheguru who has created the cause of all.

If you want to meet a walking person, then you have to walk yourself and if you want to meet a flying person, then you have to know how to fly. If you want to meet a spiritually living person, then you have to be living yourself. Same way, if you want to meet Him who has done everything (Vaheguru jee) then praise him.

Birds of a feather flock together. A person is what his company is. A person who is hanging out with scoundrels cannot be a saint and vice-versa. We are what our Sangat is. If we want to rise spiritually, then we must hang out with Gursikhs who are seriously walking on the path of Gurmat to meet Vaheguru jee.

How to praise Vaheguru? There are only two ways to praise Vaheguru - through chanting of Gurmat Naam and through Paath/Kirtan of Gurbani. The gist of this Shabad is to praise Vaheguru so that He can be met.

Gurbani is Agam Agaadh Bodh.

Kulbir Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login