Jaap Sahib Question

Posted by Bijla Singh 
Jaap Sahib Question
October 08, 2013 12:24PM
What is the meaning of Aajaan Bah(u)?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Jaap Sahib Question
October 08, 2013 03:08PM
I think it means the one with long arms ??
October 08, 2013 03:28PM
Literally it means the one whose arm length is down to knees but in case of God what does it imply? Are His arms and knees real? Is it a metaphor? I am curious to know what others think.
October 08, 2013 06:10PM
Aajaan also means Prakriti or nature. Aajaan Baahu could be interpreted as Prakritit nu Vaahun waala i.e. one who runs the Qudrat or Prakriti.

Kulbir Singh
October 08, 2013 07:05PM
Its funny you ask this question. Earlier this day I was reading it means Hukum in Arabic and its pronounced Azaan ( bhai vir singh)
October 09, 2013 10:42AM
Azan in Arabic means call for prayer which we call Baang. Arabic word for Hukam is Amr. I am not sure how Bhai Sahib derived these meanings.
October 09, 2013 07:08PM
"Call out" can be the same thing as Hukum 'to give out an order" . Hukum itself is an Arabic word. Arabic language is unique that there are many different words for the same word. For example you can say lion in more then one way.
October 10, 2013 01:03AM
"Can be" is different than what it really is. A call to prayer is not a Hukam. Hukam in Arabic is a verbal command so Azan cannot be used for command. Further, in Gurmat the words get their own meanings and interpretations. Verbal command in Gurbani is Amr but Hukam has comprehensive meanings. Baki only Guru Sahib knows the truth and the real meanings. This fool can only conjecture.
October 10, 2013 10:54AM
The call out for prayer is an order for every Muslim to observe. Calling someone out and give them a command can be one and the same thing. For example, If stand outside of your house and say" Bija Singh come out of your house so we can pray " This is both a call out and a verbal command. Either way whether you say Azaan or Ajaan makes no difference to me. Only Guru Sahib knows what is right.
January 19, 2014 04:19PM
Bijla Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Literally it means the one whose arm length is
> down to knees but in case of God what does it
> imply? Are His arms and knees real? Is it a
> metaphor? I am curious to know what others think.

When one reads the physical description of great holy men of India, one of the traditional characteristics of good looks is that it is said they have very long arms. For example, it is said the Buddha's arms were so long that they reached down to his knees. Same is said of Raam Chandar. I don't know, maybe that has something to do with Guru Jee writing that Vaheguru also has Ajaan Bahu as a mark of good looks.
January 19, 2014 10:39PM
Vaheguru is definately handsome. So it could mean He is very good looking. But I also think He has arms and knees.
January 20, 2014 08:23AM
Waheguru jio aajaan baho means God's control over all creative forces is autonomous. ......
January 20, 2014 07:30PM
Bijla Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Vaheguru is definately handsome. So it could mean
> He is very good looking. But I also think He has
> arms and knees.

absolutely, if Guru Jee writes Vaheguru has Ajaan Bahu, then without a doubt it is true
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login