How do you prevent your teeth from turning black when eating out of Sarab Loh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Teeth and Sarab Loh
September 17, 2013 11:27PM
get a teeth whitening kitsmiling smiley
September 18, 2013 08:54AM
This is first time I am hearing this - Sarbloh turning teeth black. Is it really ?

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
September 18, 2013 11:00AM
yeah it does happen
September 18, 2013 11:41AM
It does happen.

Kulbir Singh
September 18, 2013 12:32PM
Always keep shut your lips, that another person can't see your teeth. smiling bouncing smiley
September 18, 2013 01:28PM
I have learnt that if you brush your teeth after every meal this helps reduce the stains on them.

Amanjot Singh
September 18, 2013 02:24PM
You can use the inside of a ripe Banana peel to rub against your teeth before brushing every day. It is the best stain remover, mouth freshener, and teeth whitener that nature has provided. But you have to do it everyday to see any changes. Plus banana being mostly every Sarblohee's go-to food/snack, you can even do it after eating the banana itself, and then brushing.
September 18, 2013 07:18PM
Lol Harwinder SIngh Veer Ji, I will try to keep my mouth closed.

Amanjot SIngh Veer Ji- I only cook once a day and I brush three times a day, but it still occurs. I remember when I went to the dentist they were surprised to see black on my teeth. Initially I thought it was plaque, but plaque is yellow. I don't really care if my teeth are black from Sarab Loh I was just asking because a Bhenji asked me .

Thanks Anokh Kaur Bhenji for the super advice I will pass it on.
September 19, 2013 01:27AM
We are not supposed to brush teeth straight after brushing, from NHS website:

"Never brush your teeth straight after a meal as it can damage your teeth, especially if you've had fruit, fizzy drinks or any other food that contains acid.
This is because tooth enamel is softened by the acid and can be worn away by brushing. Instead, wait an hour after a meal before brushing your teeth to give your saliva chance to neutralise the acid.
"
September 19, 2013 01:39AM
Here in India, SarabLohi Singhs dont use toothpaste or plastic brush. They do NEEM DATTUN. Its natural brissels or bark are way more effective than toothbrush in cleansing the teeth and Neem helps to whiten them and maintain good oral health.

Ravinder Singh
September 19, 2013 04:32AM
ਸਵਾਮੀ ਰਾਮਦੇਵ ਯੋਗਾ ਵਾਲਾ ਕਹਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਮਹੀਨੇ ਚ ਇਕ ਵਾਰ ਪੈਟਰੋਲ ਨਾਲ ਦੰਦ ਸਾਫ ਕਰਨ ਨਾਲ ਦੰਦ ਚਿੱਟੇ ਰਹਿੰਦੇ ਹਨ!
September 19, 2013 09:15AM
Oh paji this is a nishaani of being sarblohi...leave it on gurumahraj...
Taste of langar prepared in sarbloh....its essence....only by guru mahraj grace one can knw....may gurumahraj bless all.....tongue sticking out smiley
November 14, 2013 09:32PM
Recently I have been using Neem toothpaste and I noticed the black has been coming off my teeth.
November 15, 2017 10:54PM
For those still interested in this thread - what I do is try to do kurlee (swish water around my mouth and spit it out) right after I eat. This definitely is difficult to do in public areas, such as if you're eating on the go or at school/work (unless you're willing to do this in public washrooms in front of people at the the sink, which I'm not) but if you are at home, you should give it a try. Brushing isn't healthy for your teeth right after you eat and might ruin them but doing kurlee won't do any harm. I just go into the washroom, cup my hands, put water in them and then do kurlee. This doesn't help with the dark stains that have already accumulated over time, but it does help to prevent them. Brushing at least morning and night with regular toothpaste also helps to prevent new stains. After my normal brushing at night, I also brush with a mixture of baking soda and water which has helped a bit in getting rid of more stubborn stains from sarbloh. Over time, this will probably (hopefully) get rid of them entirely.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login