ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bhai Ram Singh Jee

Posted by Vista 
Bhai Ram Singh Jee
April 10, 2010 03:05PM
Could the sangat please post up information on the jeevanee of Bhai Sahib Ram Singh Jee the AKJ jathdar. That did Akaal Chalnaa about 5 years ago.

From what i know Bhai Sahib Jee was strict on his Rehat & Gurmat Asools.
He also did the Seva of writing a Laarvaar Siree Guru Granth Sahib Jee Saroop with his Singhnee
after completion of the Seva they did a Akhand Paath straight away between the two of them

Bhai Raam Singh jee on the far left. His Singhnee jee on the far right
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Bhai Ram Singh Jee
April 11, 2010 08:22AM
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Daas was blessed with sangat of Bhai sahib on number of occasions. It is very difficult to describe the feelings when he was near you. Daas remebers once at Delhi samagam, divas suhela kirtan was going at Gurdwara Sis Ganj Sahib. Daas was about to climb the stairs to go inside but saw Bhai sahib washing his feet.

Daas said fateh to bhai sahib and bowed to get his charan dhoor but he bowed double then daas and took me in his arms. Rest daas remembers is Gurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Gurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and nothing else. Daas was about 12 years old then.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
April 12, 2010 07:21AM
MB Singh jee please share your information about Bhai Sahib as you reside in the Amritsar Sahib area if I'm correct

Also any other user please do add to this topic
April 15, 2010 11:48PM
After Akaal Chalana of Jathedar Ram Singh Ji; some information was published in the monthly journal of AKJ at that time. That should be reproduced, I think.

Otherwise, it is very difficult for persons like me to write about spiritual personalities. Recently, I got some inputs.

When Dhillon Saab Ji, as popularly known; was at Kanpur around 1970 doing service with HAL (Hindustan Aeronatics Limited) he was there with Dhillon Aunti and his only son. A very disciplined routine, he followed. He left Indian Air Force as SQN. LDR. and joined as a senior officer there. Yet; his house, life style was simple but organised. There was a well to draw water in that home. Early in the morning; he got up at about 2.30; drew water from well for ISHNAAN and was there for Nitnem and Amrit Vela in Guru Sahib room. Aunti Ji joined him an hour later. A special part of their Nitnem was Kirtan by two of them till 6 am. At eight he was ready for job. In the evening, every body knew that he can not be contacted after 8 pm. That was bed time.

Weekly kirtan programme, he never missed. If not at other place, that was to be organised at his house. Sri Akhand Path Sahib were organised regularly by Singhs. He generally did his role at 2-6 am. One important observation is that Singhs there were so curious to do PATH that 2-3 singhs used to wait while listening SRI AKHAND PATH SAHIB. They waited for their PATH duty very eagerly; if they could get it. Because the PATHI SINGH doing path was doing double duties generally and others have to wait. No duties were written ever for Sri Akhand Path Sahib. Singhs themselves used to rush to that house where SRI AKHAND PATH SAHIB was there.

Occassionaly, Special Rein Sabhaies were organised at his house with NAAM SIMRAN for whole night; till Amrit Wela Nitnem time. About 20-30 singhs used to attend that.

When he got retirement from that job around 1974; the family came to Amritsar. Now onwards, Amrit Wela was to start at 12 AM. Aunti Ji was to attend all family functions, marriages. He said that now I will be available for Guru Sahib only. I am retired from this worldly jobs.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login