ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Coming to the house of Guru Raamdaas jee

Posted by Preetam Singh 
After doing Ishnaan in the Sarovar we all made our way to Darshani Deori. After doing namaskaar we proceeded down the walkway to Darbar Sahib. There was quite a lot of Sangat and even though we were all together, there were some people between us as well.

I was singing along with the keertan and the anticipation of entering Darbar Sahib was starting to take over. The closer we got, the more bairaag I started to feel. And then suddenly a woman pushed past me to try and get in the front of the waiting line. At first I was stunned and felt like I had just woken up from a dream of bliss. In a moment filled with so much romanticism and spiritual power this woman had brought me back to the world with her maya related actions. This woman was not acting out of longing of Darshan but just wanted to get it all done with and was trying to push Sangat out of her way.

I was very disturbed with her actions and for a second a thought came to my mind that I deserve Guru Sahib’s Darshan before her as I have been waiting for so long. At this point the rest of the Jatha had already gone ahead and was about to enter Darbar Sahib. This furna only stayed in my mind for a few moments and then Guru Sahib blessed me with gareebi. All of the sudden I started to feel so sad that I don’t even deserve Guru Sahib’s Darshan at all because I am such a paapi and rog filled person. By this time I was near the front of the line and the sevaadaars had just lifted the laathi to allow the next batch of Sangat to enter Darbar Sahib. Everyone started to push forward and I was pulled forward with Sangat.

When I got near the door of Darbar Sahib there was a lot of rush and it was not possible to enter without being a little bit aggressive. But I was not in a normal state of mind. I had come to Guru Raamdaas jee’s house carrying my paaps and my rog with the Aas of Guru Sahib’s Darshan. The incident just a few moments before had increased my bairaag and at this moment I stepped to the side. I thought in my mind that I will only go into Guru Sahib’s Darbar when he calls me in because I am such a paapi person, how dare I try to push in front of the Sangat who is more deserving than me?

I stood there in Ardaas while japing Naam and tears started to flow by themselves. I had my eyes closed and was just a total mess. I was repeatedly thinking that I am just so worthless and unworthy of Guru Sahib’s Darshan. Even the shabads that the keertanis were singing were just adding to my bairaag as they were all about Darshan Pyaas.

This had gone on for what felt to me like forever when all of the sudden I felt a very strong pull inside of myself. Without thinking I opened my eyes and there was no one standing in my way. The door to Darbar Sahib was totally open and I was the only one standing outside. My feet started to move on their own accord and I did namaskaar at the entrance and then went to stand in front of Guru Sahib to do ardaas. I felt like Guru Sahib had given me a divine sign to tell me to come to his Darbar. Right when I got to the front the keertanis started to sing a shabad that was felt as if it was sung specially for me. I started to sob uncontrollably and just stood there in Ardaas for a very long time. Anything I would ask in my ardaas was immediately answered by the next pankti sung by the keertanis. I was in vismaadh and then in the middle of my benti I just became speechless.

I was thinking that I am so stupid that I am standing here doing benti when Guru Sahib already knows everything. What can I ask for? I no longer had himmat to ask anything and just stood there thinking Guru Sahib is Dhan.

After a short while I did anjli and then proceeded with the Darshan of Darbar Sahib. When I walked outside to the back of Darbar Sahib I met the rest of the Jatha and then from there we made our way to continue with our Darshan of Guru Raamdaas jee’s house.

Preetam Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Guru Sahib is Jaani-Jaan. Dhan Satguru jee!

Kulbir Singh
Vaaheguroo jee!

Dhan Dhan Sri Guroo Raam Daas jee!

Jatinderpal Singh
Balihaaaar!!

Dhun Sahib Sri Guru Raam Daas Maharajh Jee!

Amanjot Singh
Well l have to say that we in india do lack in social ettiquettes much more than in west. It is an everyday fact of life to break the line, jump ahead, to cut other person short, to interrupt the other person and scores of other small things. and when it comes to petty gossip, petty selfishness we make sure we are number one. And the sad part is while doing this we most often do not even care to know why we are the way we are.
eyesacademic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well l have to say that we in india do lack in
> social ettiquettes much more than in west. It is
> an everyday fact of life to break the line, jump
> ahead, to cut other person short, to interrupt
> the other person and scores of other small things.
> and when it comes to petty gossip, petty
> selfishness we make sure we are number one. And
> the sad part is while doing this we most often do
> not even care to know why we are the way we are.

as maskeen jee mentioend south asia is of child mentality - God help us. Even when some yatrees go back to India from the western world they also behave with that mentaility and loose all manners gained over the years in the western world.
Vaheguru!
Bhai Preetam Singh jeo, what you experienced is very normal.

This is mine....eye rolling smiley
Its was the peak of winter, at about 2:30 am I reached before the doors of darshani deori which are ussually opened at 3:00, when keertan starts. I believe Sree Sukhmani Sahib starts at about 1:30(?) infront of Darshani Deori whereby sangat sits on the ground and recites Sri Sukhmani Sahib in a very bairaag & sehaj manner.The cold at this time that too sitting on the ground is no joke.
The Sangat reciting gurbani sits lined up within the brass barrier(very crowded). I still recall, when paath reached the last asthpadee, some lunatics jumped over the brass barriers falling OVER the sangat reciting gurbani(with gutkey) just to cut the long line. Some of these shameless ones(all indians) could even smiled for their actions when members of sangat stared at them.

and yeah they disrupted the paath infront of Darshani deori that day....disrupted the surtee of sangat attached to bani at amrit wela. If this isnt mahapaap then I dont know what this is.

There are some(actually many) things wrong with the indian mentality.Its a headache trying to figure it out...so I never try in the first place.

What makes India worth visiting is the sangat of Gurmukhs+Gurudhams. Thats about it.
I take article above to mean Waheguru will bless us in His good time with His darshan...when His Nadar is drawn to heart with pure love, and Gusikhi kamai...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login