ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Astrology and Sikhism?

Posted by preet kaur 
Astrology and Sikhism?
May 05, 2013 11:59AM
I have a question about astrology? Is astrology forbidden in sikhism? I am very interested in astrology, to me It's a science and I love science. But Everytime I tell my mom that how what I am learning about my horoscope is completely true she goes ," we are not hindu, we are sikh, we should not be getting interested in it". Now My mom is religionist, Im not going to deny, she is proud that she is a sikh and think other religion are less or whatever, which I dont like at all.

So my questions is why do sikhs frown upon things like yoga, astrology, even meditation? There are so many books and video about showing the science of all these things and sikhs would say no its againts my religion.

I do understand that we should only thinks about primal creator( waheguru) , trust it, but whats wrong with it if I try to understand little bit about what is coming for me in future to be cautious.

another question I have is that I have heard that gurbani is better than what is written in hindu scriptures? People says it is dhur ki bani or it came from god then where did hindu scriptures like veda came from? I have ehard lectures where a giani jee would say even vedas recitation dont have that much power? hindusim is much older religion, then how can we say its less than sikhims?

another question I have is about Occult power?
when peopole practice a lot of spiritualty and inner work they open themselves to another realms so does sikhs attain these spiritual powers too? like are they able to communicate with our 10 gurus or anybody from past? can they play with time and space? I mean in order to go to god -realization, we should master everything first, we should master all the realms, we should master physical , astral, and casual reality.

its not that i will start a journey and I will go directly to waheguru, obviously in my way I will meet all sort of people or beings on the way so does sikh who has done so much tapasaya or meditation see beings from other reality.

is there a book on sikhism and mystic experinces?

I know there are alot of questions and I apologize for offending anybody, Im just trying to make sense of everything. So If I offend anybody please forgive me
thank you.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Explain to your mother that you are studying Astrology as a secular discipline not as a religious discipline the same way you study other sciences such as biology, chemistry, anatamoy. These are just studies of the physical bodies of the universe, and their is no reason for your mom to be concerned as Im sure you are not studying the stars to determine certain " auspicious dates" the same way Brahmins do, lol

Gursikhs are not against meditation as meditation ( simran ) is the main love of a Gursikhs life. Yoga has nothing to with Sikhi. Gursikhs practice Gurmat Yog. Refer to bani Sidh Gosht and the book Anhad Shabad Daasam Dwar written by Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir SIngh Ji for further understanding. Also, we have no historical evidence that Guru Sahib practiced any form of Patanjalis yoga. Gursikhs practing Patanjalis form of Yoga is a modern day practice . Puratan SInghs did not waste their time with breathing exercises.

Gurbani is distinct from all other dharmic scriptures. Other dharmic scriptures such as the bible, quaran, vedas etc may contain some good ideas and postive thinking but still they are victims of the three qualities ( trigun). GUrbani on the other hand is above the three qualities and is pure light. If you turn away from light then where do you end up?
ਤ੍ਰੈ ਗੁਣ ਮੇਟੈ ਸਬਦੁ ਵਸਾਏ ਤਾ ਮਨਿ ਚੂਕੈ ਅਹੰਕਾਰੋ
ਅੰਤਰਿ ਬਾਹਰਿ ਏਕੋ ਜਾਣੈ ਤਾ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮਿ ਲਗੈ ਪਿਆਰੋ ॥
- Siddh Gosht

The book I previously mentioned "Anhad Shabad Dasam Duaar" mentiones about mystical experiences, and is the best soruce in answering your other questions. You can read the book on the following link
[www.bsrstrust.org]
My father studied Indian astrology for about 2 years when he retired. He did it to keep himself fruitfully busy. But later on he realized that to actually reach a position where he can actually really and responsibly read charts and make a prediction he would need somewhere near 10 years. And then he observed another thing. His teachers who had been in this study discipline for many decades still could not get their predictions right! There were always differences of opinions amongst them. He came to conclusion that astrology was not the thing for him and he gave it up.

Having said this there are some serious issues here with astrology.

Upaya and Graha Shanti/Appeasement: In Indian astrology there are many branches and one of the branches are of the Upayas and Graha Shanti and appeasement. Now doing an Upaya for the graha shanti or appeasement is NOT in line with Gurmat. When a gursikh encounters a difficulty a gursikh always and always takes shelter under NAAM, BAANI/SATGURU. Nothing else!

Arrogant and I-know-it-all attitude towards life and people: I have personally seen this, astrologers who have spent a lot of time in this line tend to become arrogant and ahamkari about their vidya. This happens because deep in their mind they start to feel that now they know everything about how shristi is working. The fools! This goes against everything Gurbani teaches. In fact ahamkar is one of the greatest impediments in realisation of Waheguru. Again I say, they are fools! (but to be fair I have seen some astrologers who are very vinamr and down to earth because they have studied so deep that now they realise that God is behind everything.

Worship of devi/devtaas This is another main thing which goes against Gurmat. Now here is an important point to note. Gurbani does not say Devi Devtaas do not exist; it says they are of no consequence for a Gursikh and Gursikh's relationship and focus is on Waheguru who not only created devtas, but also Avtaars and everything above, below and beyond. A Gursikh does not worship Ganesha or anybody of the lot. Only Waheguru.

The idea that Grahas are responsible- Although ones who have studied deeply never forget that graha position is just a reflection of one's own past karma, but even so majority of lay people and common astrologers convey the idea that if a situation is bad it is due to malefic graha. The truth is that a situation is bad due to our past life karma.

Importance of GurPrasaad- It has to be understood that Kirpa/Prasaad are over and above everything. Prabh Chahai Bin Saas Te Rakhai. An astrologer should not forget this.

If you keep Gurmat principles in mind, it may be safe to indulge in astrology. BUT always place Naam, Baani above everything else.

I do understand that we should only thinks about primal creator( waheguru) , trust it, but whats wrong with it if I try to understand little bit about what is coming for me in future to be cautious.

A Sikh obeys and submits to Hukam, the divine Will, so he never has the need to know about future. The future changes depending on one’s way of life. While some things are unavoidable but their effects could be reduced.

hindusim is much older religion, then how can we say its less than sikhims?

Older doesn’t make it better or superior. Vedas are the result of personal experiences of various saints. Some Vedas are purely ritual while the Upnishads expound theoretical philosophy. Gurbani rejects all of this.

we should master everything first, we should master all the realms, we should master physical , astral, and casual reality.

This is not the goal of a Sikh. A Sikh follows Hukam of Guru Sahib and remains humble. It is impossible to master any field of knowledge be it worldly or spiritual.
Re: Astrology and Sikhism?
May 07, 2013 11:38AM
preet kaur Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have a question about astrology? Is astrology
> forbidden in sikhism? I am very interested in
> astrology, to me It's a science and I love
> science.

no like any other learning - we must learn sceince

But Everytime I tell my mom that how what
> I am learning about my horoscope is completely
> true she goes ," we are not hindu, we are sikh, we
> should not be getting interested in it". Now My
> mom is religionist, Im not going to deny, she is
> proud that she is a sikh and think other religion
> are less or whatever, which I dont like at all.

true - Sikhee and the Guru's never ever said anywhere they are above all.

> So my questions is why do sikhs frown upon things
> like yoga, astrology, even meditation?

it;s just premature reaction - however when one delves deeply and tries to equate - SGGS 's basic teachings take us higher than the chakras and so forth the yogies get hung over - just study Sidh Gohst bani.

There are
> so many books and video about showing the science
> of all these things and sikhs would say no its
> againts my religion.
>
> I do understand that we should only thinks about
> primal creator( waheguru) , trust it, but whats
> wrong with it if I try to understand little bit
> about what is coming for me in future to be
> cautious.

there is nothing wrong in learning about seomthing behn jeeo - it's when we get so engrossed and consider to be above all and that the Gurur's must have missed something this creates shanka- dubeda and has an effect on ones relationship with Guru Jee.
>
> another question I have is that I have heard that
> gurbani is better than what is written in hindu
> scriptures? People says it is dhur ki bani or it
> came from god then where did hindu scriptures like
> veda came from? I have ehard lectures where a
> giani jee would say even vedas recitation dont
> have that much power? hindusim is much older
> religion, then how can we say its less than
> sikhims?
>

agree with Bijla Singh's response - 100%.
> another question I have is about Occult power?
> when peopole practice a lot of spiritualty and
> inner work they open themselves to another realms
> so does sikhs attain these spiritual powers too?

indeed they do bu they don't go around shouting about it

> like are they able to communicate with our 10
> gurus or anybody from past?

indeed this has been known but not shouted about - there are tons of saakhis of Maharaj giving presence - for example read Baba Harnam Singh Jee, Bhai Ranndhir Singh ji's biography.
can they play with
> time and space? I mean in order to go to god
> -realization, we should master everything first,
> we should master all the realms, we should master
> physical , astral, and casual reality.
>
my dear mastering one self andd obeying your own discipline is hard enough let alone realms.

> its not that i will start a journey and I will go
> directly to waheguru, obviously in my way I will
> meet all sort of people or beings on the way so
> does sikh who has done so much tapasaya or
> meditation see beings from other reality.
>
indeed a possibilty

> is there a book on sikhism and mystic experinces?
>
read undhiti dunyia (mystical world)_by Bhai Randhir Singh he -
> I know there are alot of questions and I apologize
> for offending anybody, Im just trying to make
> sense of everything. So If I offend anybody please
> forgive me
> thank you.

no offence - questions were excellent. smiling smiley
sukhdeep singh jee.. haha no Im just a beginner not that advanced and thank you for the book.

eyesacademic jee..Thank you for your response, worshiping devi brought another question. whihc anybody can answer not particulary aiming at you
Now if i call sun which is giving me source to live and earth which is also giving me a source to experince this human experinces and if i wants to worship them would that be wrong? I mean I feel tremendous love towards sun, earth, water and you know every element and they are all like deities are not they? then would it be wrong if i wants to show them respect now im not going to create rituals but if somebody tells me hey this is how if u worship sun it will like it, i think i would wanna do it.
Astrology is the study of stars and planets, and how they relate to one's future. Based on the direction of the stars, Astrologers tell people whether their wishes will be fulfilled accordingly. The astrologers also ask for a huge a ransom from people who come to them. The wishes people have are always Mayadhari wishes, such as "will i be able to afford to huge house?", etc. These wishes lack Naam. A Gursikh asks for Naam only, and only a Sacha Guru can give Naam, not astrologers. Furthermore, when in doubt or have questions in mind, a Gursikh always seeks to do Paartth in return and finds the answers to questions in Gurbani. The more Paatth one does, the less questions and doubts one has. So bhenji, try to do a lot of Baani Abheyaas, and see the results in short period of time. All your doubts will be cleared.
Bijla singh jee.. thanks for replying, if a sikh is suppose to stay humble, why are we sikhs consider ourself warriors? why there were so many fights and still happening over religion? why learning gatka is a part of our religion, we can never become humble by picking a sword? Now somebody will say its for self- defense and to protect other people, and the question comes to my mind is why dont we accept hukam and let whatever happens happen I mean why do we go and protect someone who is being killed, is not thats divine will ?( I know sound crazy)
and back to astrology, if I am going through so much tough time in my life, and i want to know what can i do to change my planets to make my life little better it would be consider wrong as a sikh perspective? becuase i am not accepting divines will and im trying to do something about it ( which im sure i wont be able to) , what about those people who go to harminder sahib and do path and get better?

So its all just a game of mind, why it matter if i choose astrology as a game of mind or certain path from sikh scripture?

did waheguru just sent us here to follow what other mystics have done to achieve salvation or enlightment? or we are suppose to see what works for us? will waheguru get mad if I am being a sikh suddenly start reading other scriptures and even following them? so where did the teaching of guru nanak went about believing in one god?

Im sorry if i sound rude , i just wanna know that stuff and again not aiming at you anybody can answer, thank you

ns44..thank you, yes ill try sidd gohst bani. thank you.

jaspreet singh jee thanks for replying.. and doing paath will only work if im able to follow whats written in, I dont think merely reading it will bring enlightment. I mean if i keep doing banis and still consider that sikh religion is better than other you see what im doing here im showing my ego and pride that im born in much better religion.

thank you for replying everybody and im sorry if i offended anybody, Im just a newbie in spirituality and religion or murkh ( as my mom says sometime lol)
thank you
May 08, 2013 12:23PM
preet kaur Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bijla singh jee.. thanks for replying, if a sikh
> is suppose to stay humble, why are we sikhs
> consider ourself warriors?

for protection of saints - and humanity one must be armed - the two elements are intertwinned in Sikhe - kurbani for others and their belief systems as by Guru Teg Bahadur Jee is the example --. like the westerners folk of today say the more love you give the more you get - kurbani for others is the most one can ever do - therefore what goes around comes around - Sikhe is here for ever - the contribution - grattitude is way way above our normal thinking.

why there were so many
> fights and still happening over religion?

that's over religions which cannot fid thge modern ideology - Sikhe doesn't have this it's far too modern - and way advanced - and requires us to police ourselves for learning everyday.

why
> learning gatka is a part of our religion, we can
> never become humble by picking a sword?

we can it's presnet in sikhs today as it was in the past.

Now
> somebody will say its for self- defense and to
> protect other people, and the question comes to my
> mind is why dont we accept hukam and let whatever
> happens happen I mean why do we go and protect
> someone who is being killed, is not thats divine
> will ?( I know sound crazy)

what's wrong with helping someone - the most miserable person on this earth - is the one who doesn't help- (grattitude - compassion) are the foundation of Sikhe.

> and back to astrology, if I am going through so
> much tough time in my life, and i want to know
> what can i do to change my planets to make my life
> little better it would be consider wrong as a sikh
> perspective? becuase i am not accepting divines
> will and im trying to do something about it (
> which im sure i wont be able to) , what about
> those people who go to harminder sahib and do path
> and get better?

Guru Nanak Jee has already said - we are in some kind of pain in thios world - but pain is the cure - we have to understand the reasons and develop new learning to move on from pain. Naturally we are stuck in one pattern hence so many questions.

>
> So its all just a game of mind, why it matter if i
> choose astrology as a game of mind or certain path
> from sikh scripture?

what result or expecatation are you after - fullfillment every day or temporary lift and then back down to misery again?

> did waheguru just sent us here to follow what
> other mystics have done to achieve salvation or
> enlightment? or we are suppose to see what works
> for us?

we are here we - best to give it a best shot.

will waheguru get mad if I am being a
> sikh suddenly start reading other scriptures and
> even following them?

goto to your local Gurdwara and stand and do ardass and ask Maharaj - take hukham and see how you feel - report back here the Hukham and your feelings

so where did the teaching of
> guru nanak went about believing in one god?

nowhere

>
>
> jaspreet singh jee thanks for replying.. and doing
> paath will only work if im able to follow whats
> written in, I dont think merely reading it will
> bring enlightment. I mean if i keep doing banis
> and still consider that sikh religion is better
> than other you see what im doing here im showing
> my ego and pride that im born in much better
> religion.

incorrect - doing paat - will enlighten you one way or another whether you understand or not. When you first went to school did you learn everything in one day - repitition is a mother of all skill.
>
> thank you for replying everybody and im sorry if i
> offended anybody, Im just a newbie in spirituality
> and religion or murkh ( as my mom says sometime
> lol)
> thank you

again great questions keep them coming winking smiley

if a sikh is suppose to stay humble, why are we sikhs consider ourself warriors? why there were so many fights and still happening over religion? why learning gatka is a part of our religion, we can never become humble by picking a sword?

There is a big difference between being humble and being weak/powerless and oppressed. Being humble means always remaining in the sanctuary of Waheguru and attributing your victory in every field to Waheguru’s blessings rather than taking credits for yourself which causes ego inflation. A Sikh fights injustice as a religious duty but his state of mind always remains humble because he believes the power he has is given to him by Waheguru. The mental and physical strength and will to die is blessed by Waheguru. Guru Sahib picked a sword and fought against injustice, what makes you believe He wasn’t humble? He says in His bani: Bhayee Jeet Meri, Kirpa Kaal Teri.

Now somebody will say its for self- defense and to protect other people, and the question comes to my mind is why dont we accept hukam and let whatever happens happen I mean why do we go and protect someone who is being killed, is not thats divine will ?( I know sound crazy)

You do not understand what Hukam means. Hukam is not a verbal command in Gurmat but the divine law. God has given us the freedom to make choices. If we let an oppressor to kill us then that is what will happen and if we fight, God will help us. This is Hukam. Gravity, karma etc. are all part of Hukam. Baba Atal Ji once brought a dead boy back to life but Guru Sahib reprimanded him for interfering with ‘Bhana’ because then one receives punishment for it. My whole point was the future changes due to one’s naam kamayee. Good karma can be changed to bad and bad to good. Hukam is such that no one can fully comprehend it or explain it fully. A Gursikh living in ‘Bhana’ means doing all the deeds that please Waheguru and makes him acceptable to the House of God. It does not mean becoming inactive in sphere of life.

and back to astrology, if I am going through so much tough time in my life, and i want to know what can i do to change my planets to make my life little better it would be consider wrong as a sikh perspective? becuase i am not accepting divines will and im trying to do something about it ( which im sure i wont be able to) , what about those people who go to harminder sahib and do path and get better?

Gurmat approach to make life better is to live according to the ideals of Gurbani. Divine Will doesn’t equal to predestination. You are confusing the two. Seeking God’s help to make your life better is not against Gurmat because you are showing yourself to be helpless and throwing yourself to God whereas in astrology you are taking things in your own hands to change your destination which means you believe you can change the future on your own and this is false.

or we are suppose to see what works for us? will waheguru get mad if I am being a sikh suddenly start reading other scriptures and even following them? so where did the teaching of guru nanak went about believing in one god?

Gurmat doesn’t give the option of picking and choosing. A clear path to God has been established in Gurbani. God doesn’t get mad or angry though He has these attributes. Studying other scriptures is permissible but following them is not.

I would recommend book Simran Mehima by Raghbir Singh Bir in which he describes his personal struggle and journey to achieve salvation. It took him 25 years or so but at the end he could reach Sachkhand in half an hour to have full darshan of Waheguru. Guru Rakha
Preet Kaur Bhenji, your current condition/crisis is not the result of the location of the plantes in the heavens nor do their location dictate your destiny. Your current circumstances are a result of your karma which is the play of Waaheguru- Waaheguru! Most likely your fascination of Astrology comes from your past karma. Perhaps in a previous life you had some faith in pseudo science as well.

You are very fortunate to have obtained the human body use it well.Consider yourself lucky that you have a mother who has faith in Gurmat surely she can help you make worth of your human body. If you want to reduce the effects of your karma I suggest you turn to Waaheguru instead of the planets.
Completely off topic and I am not patronising BUT Osho once said, 'when you meet the true Guru, you will not find answers to your questions, but your questions will become irrelevant.' What you are experiencing right now is something which I have gone through myself too, when I was young.

Sikhi is not a religion as other religions. In Sikhi you form a personal bond with a specific Shakti, the True Guru, Guru Nanak Sahib. Sikhi is not a just set of rules and regulations only, do this but don't do that. Yes there are rules and regulations in Sikhi, but they come naturally. It is primarily bhagtee by taking on Guru Nanak as your Guru.
One needs to ask oneself, do I feel attracted towards Guru Sahib. Do I yearn for something which is behind and beyond everything? If yes WHO is going to give me that or take me there? What is my highest priority in the long run?

Now if i call sun which is giving me source to live and earth which is also giving me a source to experince this human experinces and if i wants to worship them would that be wrong? I mean I feel tremendous love towards sun, earth, water and you know every element and they are all like deities are not they? then would it be wrong if i wants to show them respect now im not going to create rituals but if somebody tells me hey this is how if u worship sun it will like it, i think i would wanna do it.

There is a word 'pooja' which has been used in many forms. Besides the formal worship of devi devtaas, pooja also means paying respect to a saint, a respectful person etc. There is nothing wrong with feeling gratitude and love towards all nature, beautiful trees, the cool wind, the scenic bounty, flowers, animals etc. This is a form of love. But this is just a vague feeling of the heart, it is an energy which is NOT going to last forever, it is just a mood which prevails when one is young at heart. When one grows older and experienced one sees how the human mind/heart changes and fluctuates.
A gursikh ( a person who has made gursikhi as his major concern, a priority) dotes on every word his Guru says. And he finds this said by his Guru:

ਚਚਾ ਰਚਿਤ ਚਿਤ੍ਰ ਹੈ ਭਾਰੀ ॥
CHACHA: He painted the great picture of the world.
ਤਜਿ ਚਿਤ੍ਰੈ ਚੇਤਹੁ ਚਿਤਕਾਰੀ ॥
Forget this picture, and remember the Painter.
ਚਿਤ੍ਰ ਬਚਿਤ੍ਰ ਇਹੈ ਅਵਝੇਰਾ ॥
This wondrous painting is now the problem.
ਤਜਿ ਚਿਤ੍ਰੈ ਚਿਤੁ ਰਾਖਿ ਚਿਤੇਰਾ ॥੧੨॥
Forget this picture and focus your consciousness on the Painter. ||12|

So feeling love for nature is good. Waheguru created all this and one who is concerned with relating to Waheguru would of course feel love for the creation too. But what good would this all be if I become so entangled in the created that I get stuck and I never get to meet the Creator?
That is the problem right there, the objective world is physically objective but not mentally/emotionally. Emotionally one feels that outside world is 'real' and from there onwards starts the effect of Maya. Whereas Guru's have through their personal experience told us that world is NOT real.

ਪਉੜੀ ॥ ਭਭਾ ਭਰਮੁ ਮਿਟਾਵਹੁ ਅਪਨਾ ॥ ਇਆ ਸੰਸਾਰੁ ਸਗਲ ਹੈ ਸੁਪਨਾ ॥ ਭਰਮੇ ਸੁਰਿ ਨਰ ਦੇਵੀ ਦੇਵਾ ॥ ਭਰਮੇ ਸਿਧ ਸਾਧਿਕ ਬ੍ਰਹਮੇਵਾ ॥ ਭਰਮਿ ਭਰਮਿ ਮਾਨੁਖ ਡਹਕਾਏ ॥ ਦੁਤਰ ਮਹਾ ਬਿਖਮ ਇਹ ਮਾਏ ॥ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਭ੍ਰਮ ਭੈ ਮੋਹ ਮਿਟਾਇਆ ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਤੇਹ ਪਰਮ ਸੁਖ ਪਾਇਆ ॥੪੦॥
(Gauri Baavan Akhri)

This world is an illusion, THIS is the personal experience of Guru ji. He is not conjecturing, he is not 'thinking' or 'believing', he sees it to be true and he is telling us. The creation is an illusion and the Creator is the real truth. You see what I am saying here?

1. In the lines quoted above Guruji says all the Sur, Nar, Devi, Devta, Sidh, Sadhik, Brahma, all humans are labouring under the illusion of Maya!
2. The effect of Maya is VERY strong.
2. A Gurmukh breaks the shackles of Maya.
3. In doing this he breaks away the bharam (illusion), bhae (fear), moh (attachment)
4. And THEN he find the PARAM SUKH.

ps: Here is a link to Gauri Bavan Akhri recited by my fave paatthi, Bhai Jarnai Singh Damdami Taksal
Anonymous User
May 09, 2013 10:37AM
it's just fun to read.
goto to your local Gurdwara and stand and do ardass and ask Maharaj - take hukham and see how you feel - report back here the Hukham and your feelings

I really dont know how to take hukamnama, like the gurdewara I go to they just do kirtan and little bit of path and thats all about it and thank you for relpying

I would recommend book Simran Mehima by Raghbir Singh Bir in which he describes his personal struggle and journey to achieve salvation. It took him 25 years or so but at the end he could reach Sachkhand in half an hour to have full darshan of Waheguru. Guru Rakha

Thank you for the book Ill read it, I hope my struggle ends too because sometime I feels like I keep searching, searching and not following, I do path for sometime and then I feels like No its not working for me, and then I want to find another way and its really tiring sometime, I read about different stuffs and different ways, trying to figure out the truth but its all good I think

Preet Kaur Bhenji, your current condition/crisis is not the result of the location of the plantes in the heavens nor do their location dictate your destiny. Your current circumstances are a result of your karma which is the play of Waaheguru- Waaheguru! Most likely your fascination of Astrology comes from your past karma. Perhaps in a previous life you had some faith in pseudo science as well.

You are very fortunate to have obtained the human body use it well.Consider yourself lucky that you have a mother who has faith in Gurmat surely she can help you make worth of your human body. If you want to reduce the effects of your karma I suggest you turn to Waaheguru instead of the planets
tahnk you for replying, yea my mom has a blind faith, which I dont think I can have, thank you for replying, and past life remind me do sikhs try to understand their past lives, like you know how mainstream new age people they try to understand past life and everything
Anybody believe here in aliens, like what is sikh perspective on aliens, other beings, or entities, i know Im going off topic. I have heard with many spiritual practice, spiritual power arises and person has ability to see other relams and entities, How would a sikh handles it, do they just ignore it?

This world is an illusion, THIS is the personal experience of Guru ji. He is not conjecturing, he is not 'thinking' or 'believing', he sees it to be true and he is telling us. The creation is an illusion and the Creator is the real truth. You see what I am saying here?

That makes sense actually, I think Im not looking forward for creator at this moment, Im just going for the creation right now, I feel love for waheguru but at the same time i think I feels like I want to dwell on this illusion either by learning about universe, or seeing other realms or beings, I kinda wanna have those spiritual powers not to harm but to see what my five senses cant see, it will take some time for me to I guess completly be loyal to creator instead of dwelling in his creation.and Thank you for replying

Thank you everyone for replying, and being nice
@ struck...not always, I hate reading history lol

I forgot to mention, so the person channle im learning astrology he posted a video saying if we give our time to think about god or creater for few mins a day we dont need to worry about astrology or anything, and now i think of its is true actually.
But then I have another question why like in other religion, where a person is in pain and he gets help, like lets say hindu has alot of deities, when a person is in pain soemtime those deities help them, how come our gurus does not come to helps us?
I have seen so much domestic violence in my family have gone thru emotional trauma still going through and have cried whole night just asking for gurus to help me, and i dont understand was my previous karma that bad that I did not get help? and I have spend whole life under fear and terror and its just sad when my baby self has to go through.
and now im okay with, now i feels like I wanna take things on my own hand i think thats why im getting interested in astrology, things are still not very well, kinda have hope they will get well but i feels like i have to take charge in my hands whihc is not good i know.
In another sense Im kinda ok that I been through all that stuff because it had made me kind of emotionally stronger and I should not complain i guess but i wanna make things better for my mom, i wanna make her life better.
I can understand karma of this life as guru sahib say, 'aapai beejai aapai khaey' but I don't understand karma of previous life (if there is any). Can you site one pankti evidencing karma of previous life.
sahni
Anonymous User
May 10, 2013 09:31AM
We've all been through that.
Anonymous User
May 10, 2013 02:11PM
I find history to be worth reading. History shapes eras.

I can understand karma of this life as guru sahib say, 'aapai beejai aapai khaey' but I don't understand karma of previous life (if there is any). Can you site one pankti evidencing karma of previous life.
sahni

Mohinder Kaur,

There are numerous pangtis which mention previous karams have an impact in this life . For example, Bhgat Kabir JI mentions howhis life was like death because he didnt do much bhagti in a previous life.
ਜਿਉ ਜਲ ਛੋਡਿ ਬਾਹਰਿ ਭਇਓ ਮੀਨਾ ॥
ਪੂਰਬ ਜਨਮ ਹਉ ਤਪ ਕਾ ਹੀਨਾ ॥੧॥

Also , Sri Guru Ji mentions how we were given this human body through good actions.
ਧੰਨੁ ਮਾਣਸ ਜਨਮੁ ਪੁੰਨਿ ਪਾਈਆ ਰਾਮ ॥
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login