ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dullness and silence

Posted by MaiKoNaRakhanda 
Dullness and silence
April 04, 2013 11:34AM
I would really appreciate advice and help of Gursikhs.

You may find this post a bit funny, but I am sure some others must also encounter this. By the grace of Akaal I am trying to minimise distractions and increase abhiyaas, bani etc during free time. One thing that bothers me however is that my mind constantly yearns for more entertainment, I am trying to be attached single-mindedly yet my mind still feels what is almost a 'pareshani'. I can't stand the silence, even while doing naam/bani out loud. Consequently I feel quite dull and de-energised. i worry that I will not be able to sustain... the mind yearns after noise, colours, etc it is used to the crude and loud excitements of maya. Kirpa karo bakhshanhaar. What to do?

Sometimes I also wonder while looking at Gursikhs that sit deep, silenty in samadhi,, that inside them is it as quiet and slow as they are outside, OR is there in actual fact something big going on inside them? What I am asking is, is the internal peace from naam simran a stilness, or is it an excitement?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Dullness and silence
April 04, 2013 11:52AM
VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Constant Sangat of Gursikhs.
If only, if only....for some of us this is very hard to come by ;(

ms514 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH
>
> Constant Sangat of Gursikhs.
April 04, 2013 06:27PM
MaiKoNaRakhanda Wrote:
> If only, if only....for some of us this is very
> hard to come by ;(
>
> ms514 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH
> >
> > Constant Sangat of Gursikhs.

Have u tried physical exercise - and listening to Gurbani ?

Have u tried listening to Gurbani keertan for at leasrt an hour a day especially akand keertan rehansbahi?

Have u tried seva at your local Gurdwara?

Have u tried Sehaj paath or santhyia startup?

Have u tried listening to inspiring katha of Gurbani i.e from maskeen jee and Giani Kulwant singh jee, Bhai jaswant singh parvana etc?

If not veer jeeo - brining these into a daily or weekly routine should help.
April 05, 2013 06:42AM
Just let it come and let is slide, this is a thorough process....you cannot subdue your mind by forcing it. It takes time...if your mind yearns for entertainment...give it entertainment...test it for yourself, you'll get sick of it because that is the nature of material nature. you eventually get sick of it, then only after that do you start to realise the value of naam/remeberance of waheguru - and it's then when it actually becomes enjoyable. You have to be really hungry to enjoy the food you eat - if your soul gets hungry for waheguru that's when you enjoy being close to God, that;s when you really yearn for Him. Don't make it a chore. Make it a deep desire..

Imagine eating the same kind of food every day...you get sick right, unlesss ocourse you are very hungry, then your focus is basically food to sustain, food for survival. Depends what kind of food you are consuming too....

Imagine how God must feel when He has to listen to all the souls screaming/complaining. Imagine all the crap He has to put up with. We are only worried about our own states, the Creator has way more on His plate. Do you think your mind's stillness is important than the person's who getting murdered right now? Do you really think God should respond to you immediately when He's busy helping out all those people who are in severe pain?? Priorities, I'm sure God has them too.
April 05, 2013 10:05AM
It is very important to change things up a lot. Guru Sahib has given us many different weapons to fight with this mugadh mann. Bhagti should never be dull and for true progess to happen, you have to be enjoying bhagti.

When you get tired of japping Naam, do some Keertan, if you are tired of that do some Paath. You can go slow, fast, loud, or in surti. You can do bhagti standing, sitting, running or walking. We have countless options to entertain the mind with bhagti rather than anything worldly entertainment.

If you get tired of doing bhagti, then you can workout or do Shastar Abhiyaas. What could be more entertaining than playing with Shastars and dueling your friends?

We also have the option of reading Gurmat related books and poetry, and this site is also a great place to come for Gurmat vichaar if you cannot meet sangat in your area.

The worst thing you could do is give in to your minds desires. You must fight and control the mind with Naam and Bani.

You should visit with us here in Toronto. We never have a dull moment and have a lot of fun while doing Sangat together.

Preetam Singh
April 05, 2013 01:14PM
You will have to discover for yourself which way of devotion to Waheguru is best suited for you, it'll be revealed to you in due time. Don't do stuff because people are telling you to do it, do it only if you desire to really do it, otherwise it's fake and ritual.

You don't really need to go to toronto to experience waheguru or california, or san jose...or wateva place. Waheguru is omnipresent.
April 05, 2013 04:13PM
bubble gum Wrote:
> You will have to discover for yourself which way
> of devotion to Waheguru is best suited for you,
> it'll be revealed to you in due time. Don't do
> stuff because people are telling you to do it, do
> it only if you desire to really do it, otherwise
> it's fake and ritual.
>
> You don't really need to go to toronto to
> experience waheguru or california, or san
> jose...or wateva place. Waheguru is omnipresent.

Outside of Hinduustaan, Shaheed Singhs like spending most their time here in Toronto to though!
April 05, 2013 05:04PM
Please explain further on this..I'm curious.
April 06, 2013 10:46AM
Working out is a good passtime.
Not commenting on the Bhagti aspect, because I'm not myself too serious into Bhagti.
Bhai Preetam Singh Jee has greatly summed up it! smiling smiley
April 06, 2013 12:39PM

Please explain further on this..I'm curious.

Bubble gum jeeo,

It is a known thing that Shaheed Singhs are in this world to protect Gursikhs and Gurdhaams. Every historical Gurdwara has presence of Shaheed Singhs there to protect it and for the Shaheed Singhs themselves to get laha. I'm sure you've felt the difference of going to Darbar Sahib and just going to any Gurdwara. There are more Shaheed Singhs in some places than others for a few different reasons.

First reason that would attract more Shaheed Singhs is the importance of the Gurdhaam. That one is pretty obvious. Second is how much Gurmat is being followed there. If there is manmatti actions happening somewhere then it goes without saying that just like Gursikhs would avoid such places, Shaheed Singhs would also avoid going there. Lastly, the amount of tyaar bar tyaar Gursikhs in a certain area would have a large effect on the amount of Shaheed Singhs present in that area.

Outside of Punjab, Toronto has the largest amount of tyaar bar tyaar Gursikhs. We have been blessed with sangat of Naam Abhiyaasi Sarbloh Bibeki Gurmukhs, and just like any Gursikh would want to go where there are more Sarblohis, the Shaheed Singhs, who are all Sarblohi, would only want to go to such places as well.

Bhai Gurman Singh jee is probably speaking from Anubhav, but I am just looking at it logically. Rest Guru Sahib knows.

Preetam Singh
April 06, 2013 01:00PM
Do they require a visa and passport to fly overseas??
April 06, 2013 02:20PM
Yes,from "AKAL PURAKH "embassy address "SACHKHAND "
April 06, 2013 08:51PM
What I am asking is, is the internal peace from naam simran a stilness, or is it an excitement?

This is the question, Veer Ji has asked. That is so important a question, for all of us. Stillness or excitement.? I will suggest Veer Ji to read Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Ji book, Jail Chithian, at chapter NAAM DEE PRAPTEE. As suggested above, it should surely not be dullness. But I think, most of the time we all experience it. Bhai Randhir Singh Ji also gives a hint about that, while he started on BHAGTI path. It must be a stage in the process--------------------

Last para from Leafy Bhein Ji, needs further discussion. Is Akal Purakh needs time to listen us in person, as HE is busy elsewhere? I think, it should not be so. It is interesting though.
April 06, 2013 10:23PM
wahe guru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh.. ___/\____

Is the internal peace from naam simran a stillness ? or is it an excitement??

waheguru jee says -- "SAHIB MERA NEET NAVA "
The one who enjoys internal peace with the blessings of guru sahib ji can't really express it the way he/she feels .because it's a very new and unique feeling for everyone and most of the time expressing it can give birth to "ahenkaar" within the one sharing it.

(still confused?? stillness or excitement)?? right?

stillness in the way-that at that stage of life one cares about nothiing ..just lets everything happen in life and lives comfortablly and becomes light minded..he/she understands the presence of god in somewhat every thing .....

excitement in the way --that the "ras " created by naam baani in the life of bhagt increases ..each second ..at that time- the stage of ---"ek khin tis tis bin jeevna...birtha janam jana" comes true..... cool smiley

and basically it is kinda like -stillness +excitement at the same time which makes the person =sehej avastha

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login