ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

NDE's and gurmat ideas of after death

Posted by eyesacademic 
Dear friends,

For long these ideas have troubled me. Many years ago I saw the movie 'What Dreams May Come'. A couple of years ago I read Deepak Chopra's book on discussions on NDE (Near Death Experience) based upon accounts collected from different cultures around the world. Recently I looked up NDE website such as this:
http://www.nderf.org/

I am sure some of you must be familiar with the bestseller book 'Many Lives and Many Masters'.

In this background I request you to share your thoughts on why are all these experience not consistent with what Gurbani potrays about after death, namely Jamdoots coming to take the Jeev, the court of Dharamraj, the swarag and narak. Why are so many people in west experiencing common things like a tunnel of light, a strong feeling of peace and love and calm, meeting people who died earlier such as grandparents etc. Why is there no mention of jamdoots (even if in a different form such as grim reaper etc).

In the current times there are accounts upon accounts of Near Death Experiences, of people who died for a few moments and came back. They have narrated their experiences of after death. All of these are very hard to ignore. So what your thoughts on these?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
We must remember that these are near-death experiences and not actual-death experiences. Jamdoots come only when one faces actual death because they are the ones who pull the Jeev-Aatma out of this body. These people may actually be experiencing one of the following:

1. Dreams of imagination.
2. Visions from the past when they had lived in the realms of Dharam Khand (e.g. heaven) or Gyaan Khand.
3. Out of body experiences. Sometimes, the Jeev-Aatma can get out of the body, and go to spiritual realms in Dharam Khand and Gyaan Khand. This is why some of them swear that they saw themselves lying on the deathbed (their bodies). This proves that this was an out of body experience and not necessarily an actual death experience.

In case of actual death, one has to be pulled out of this body and this dirty work is done by Jamdoots. How can these people go through a tunnel of light or meet their relatives without first bring held responsible for their Karma in this life?

A Sikh must place full faith on Gurbani and should not be led astray by such accounts by people. Even if every person of this world was to tell a Gursikh something contrary to Gurmat, a Gursikh would reject it. There is no truth beyond Gurmat, for a Gursikh.

Only Guru/Vaheguru are perfect and as such Jamdoots too make mistakes. Sometimes by mistake they take the wrong Jeev-Aatma and this kind of experience has been experienced by countless people. People have been sent back from Dharam Rai jee's Dargah.

Deepak Chorpa and other authors of the New Age philosophy write books that sell and books that make people feel good. Deepak Chopra and other such authors are good writers and philosophers but they don't have the actual mystical experience or an actual insight into the next world as our Guru Sahibaan and Bhagat Sahibaan did. Therefore, their accounts of the next world should be dismissed by the serious seekers of Vaheguru and sole reliance and faith should be brought on Gurmat alone.

What happened to Chopra's philosophy presented in two decades old book - Ageless Body, Timeless Mind? Two decades later, Chopra should answer the world if his body has avoided the effects of time and if his mind is still timeless?

Kulbir Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login