ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I choose you!

Posted by Preetam Singh 
I choose you!
February 05, 2013 10:41AM
If the choice arises between Vaheguru and anything else that is dear to the jeev, the choice should automatically be Vaheguru. Is that even a question?

Many times while treading the path of Gurmat we are put to test by Vaheguru to see how much we can sacrifice for his preet. Nothing should be out of bounds, as true ashiqs of Akal Purkh, our only focus should be Prabhu-prapti and no matter what is asked of us, we should be more than willing.

If we realize this world to be false, then even the relationships of this world are false. Our brothers, sisters, mothers, and fathers, are only in that rishta with us because of sanjog based upon karam. We come into this world alone, and we must leave alone. We have had many different lives and in those lives we have had many mothers and fathers. We have had many spouses and many children. It is total agiyaanta to cherish the risthay of this life as permanent if we have already forgotten the rishtay of so many lives past.

Loving our families and respecting them is the farz of Gursikhs, but to even have an iota of attachment to them in which we would not be willing to sacrifice them for Vaheguru is a huge hurdle in Prema-Bhagti. Our relation with those that are dear to us should only be that of Gurmat based prem. We should not ever think that we can not live without them. The only person that we should have that feeling towards is Vaheguru.

If asked by Vaheguru who we would choose, without a second thought, we should say "I choose you!"

Preetam Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: I choose you!
February 05, 2013 11:47AM
Great thought, and reminder, Thanks
ਆਪੁ ਸਵਾਰਹਿ ਮੈ ਮਿਲਹਿ ਮੈ ਮਿਲਿਆ ਸੁਖੁ ਹੋਇ ॥
ਫਰੀਦਾ ਜੇ ਤੂ ਮੇਰਾ ਹੋਇ ਰਹਹਿ ਸਭੁ ਜਗੁ ਤੇਰਾ ਹੋਇ ||

Chote Veer - Very well Said. There is no doubt that we come alone and leave alone but still there are these relations that the almighty gives us as a situation to live in where we have a circle of relations (Father,Mather,.........).

ਬਿਰਧਿ ਭਇਆ ਊਪਰਿ ਸਾਕ ਸੈਨ

Also we know that he himself be our RAKHA in form of these relations at various stages of life. The relations are based on our Purbale Karms. SOme relations give us Sukh and others make the life harder for us. There is no restriction on asking/requesting Guru Sahib for better relations for ourselves which would help us in the Gurmat Marg. We could always do Bentis to him for best surroundings that majorly would consist of living human beings where we mostly interact and surround by.

ਘਰ ਕੀ ਗੀਹਨਿ ਚੰਗੀ ॥
ਜਨੁ ਧੰਨਾ ਲੇਵੈ ਮੰਗੀ ॥੨॥

We have these beautiful Panktis by Bhagats asking for good wife alongwith other necessities of life. So we can definitely sing these Shabads countless times and do Ardas for a good wife that would help us in the Gurmat. The only thing to manage here is to let the decision be on Guru Sahib that who is best for us and we try to be in his Bhana. I am sure if we let him decide he will do the best for us as always !!

Vaheguru jee ka Khalsa Vaheguru jee kee fateh!
Re: I choose you!
March 29, 2013 07:42PM
wow some people are designed to be so emotionless. there is nobody in this world that forms relations with others out of duty. . That would feel like such a burden. Let's hope anyone who thinks like that can do just that, but I highly doubt it. Can you imagine having children 'out of duty'? Does that sound even sane?...that's abnormal. 'Yes it's my duty so I shall do this and that...well even when we work there are desires behind it motivating people to work, to earn an income, and needs too.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login