ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reflections of a 14-year old: Inspiring Words, Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh jee

Posted by sk 
This was written by a gupt 14-year old.
I have always found it inspiring to see Sikhi spirit in this youth and in others. May Guru Sahib continue to do kirpa and keep his children on the path of gurmat.

While reading Bhai Sahib’s autobiography, I kept a highlighter and sticky notes with me, because the words of Bhai Sahib would bring me into tears, and inspire me to be a better person, and a better Gursikh in itself.

Page: 3

“I succeeded in showing the importance of the Sikh ideals and thoughts. In all other periods, my mind was completely absorbed in thought about God and I did not think of anything else”

I recon that this is when Bhai Sahib was telling us, or his sajanns about him being in school,and how he would never think about anything but Vaheguroo. This was inspiring because I read this right before heading into highschool, a place where I would be and am surrounded by Maya. It just brought me into this state in which I started realizing that I’d be fine just thinking about God through school. It would keep me out of Mayaa and it would help me go further in Sikhee.

Page: 3

“With my head lowered, I listened to him in silence. After saying and suggesting many good things he went away, but the condition of my mind remained the same. From then onward I tried to conceal my inner yearning and sadness from the people."

Bhai Sahib was talking about when he discovered his unconditional love for Sikhee and Vaaheguroo, his father would tell him to stay focused in school. At the same time, while I was reading this, my own mother was questioning everything I did. After reading this I realized I should just keep quiet and be happy, because Bhai Sahib did that too, and he obviously succeeded unimaginably!

Page: 11

“When he started praising me, I slipped out of his office because I did not like to hear my own praise.”

Simple but really touching for me! So much humility. What a real gursikh should be!

Page: 29

My favorite!!!

“Day and night the recitation of these prayers became my sole preoccupation and sustenance. I had already given up government service which I considered harmful to spiritual freedom. I believed Gurbani to be different from the divine Name. As a matter of fact, I believed that the Guru’s Vani, were symbolic of the divine name."

Just really inspirational..

Page: 48

“I felt like a newly wedded bride and everyone appeared to be singing in jubilation of my wedded life.”

Gurrrooo! <3 I just wish I could feel the same as Bhai sahib! It’s just really touching and amazing of how Bhai Sahib is probably feeling at this point.

Page 68:

“I am not worried about what people think. I was never afraid to die and by the grace of the Guru the thought of saving my life never came to my mind even for a moment.”

I really loved the bravery and strength Bhai Sahib had in this.

All of Bhai Sahib’s work is really inspiring!
Vahegurooo!
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Beautiful post! Thanks for sharing.

If you start reading Bhai Sahib jee's books, you find numerous very inspiring lines and statements. What to write about Bhai Sahib's writing! Only by reading one can realize its magnificence.

Kulbir Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login