ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Darshan Ishnaan at Darbar Sahib - December 2012

Posted by Kulbir Singh 
Siri Darbar Sahib! What should one say in praise?

As we were getting close to Siri Amritsar Sahib, the heart was beginning to beat in a different kind of way – neither slow nor fast. First, we reached Jandiala, a small town east of Amritsar, to do Amritvela with Maliyaan Singhs over there. They get together in a small dwelling there. They were not expecting us, so they must have been a bit surprised when a group of 10-12 Gursikhs came and sat with them to do Abhyaas of our Beloved Vaheguru jee. Perhaps they did not recognize us because it was dark in that room but the way Abhyaas got picked up, we could tell that they were extremely happy. Thundering Abhyaas ensued for a while. It was truly a blessed moment and I wish time had frozen there.

After the conclusion of Abhyaas and Nitnem, Singhs locked themselves in long Naam-Galvakdees (hugging). Vaah jee Vaah! Kya Anand si! If one comes to India and does not meet Gursikhs here, what’s the point of coming in the first place? We did Gurmat Vichaar for a couple of hours and then headed towards Siri Harmandir Sahib for Darshan Ishnaan.

Long before Siri Darbar Sahib, police stopped us from taking our vehicles any further but who was going to stop Singhs from going to their Father’s home. They looked at us, they looked at the Neela Baana, they looked at the Dumaalay, they looked at the Chakkar Khanday on the Dumaalay and said, “Jaayo Baba jee Jaayo”.

We entered the complex from the Saraan side. There is not an iota of exaggeration in saying that when we beheld Siri Darbar Sahib, as we passed Siri Guru Raamdas Langar, towards Baba Attal Gurdwara Sahib, on the Saraan road, our breathing stopped. All of us, even the kid Nageena Singh, exclaimed, WOW! It seemed that we were looking at a scene from some other world. It did not seem a place from this world, and it isn’t.

We started walking towards Siri Darbar Sahib. On our left was Manji Sahib, and on our right was Guru Raamdaas Langar building. We climbed down a few steps and our legs could no longer hold our weights. We went on our knees and then our forehead was on the ground, in anticipation to get a touch of the Charan Kamal of Siri Guru Raamdaas jee. Everyone did Ishnaan and what Anand it brought. We knew that now Abhyaas would start in full vigour and indeed it did. From there we went to Siri Harmandir Sahib and yes, this place is Sachkhand, no doubt. I wanted to do Ardaas for many things. Many Gursikhs had asked me to do Ardaas for them but the truth of the matter is that all thoughts vanished from the mind and only Vaheguru Vaheguru was left. The recollection of this world vanished. Vismaad!

Next, Guru Sahib blessed us with Darshan of Siri Akal Takhat Sahib and then Tharra Sahib. By then, Gurmukh Pyare, Bhai Sukhpal Singh and Bhai Sukhraj Singh called us for Parshada-Paani. Parshaada was extremely tasty – best we have tasted here in India, this time, so far. One Parshaada was treated like one Burkee. God knows how many Parshaade we ate.

Guru Sahib Darshan Ishnaan Bakshde Rehan.

Kulbir Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Vaheguroo. A lovely read.

The parshaada part reminded me of when I visited some Chardikala Gursikhs and ate Parshaada. I usually eat TWO but I ate about 15 Parshaadey! Mata jee had to prepare more Aata. The Parshaade had so much Amrit-Rass filled in them. Vaheguroo.
Just out of interest what was discussed in the Gurmat Veechar with the Maliyaan Singhs?

Also please post any other interesting incidents or meetings with Gursikhs.
Great
ਆਪ ਕੀ ਯਾਤਰਾ ਮੰਗਲਮਯ ਹੋ। ਅਰਜ਼ੋਈ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਸਾਨੂੰ ਵੀ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਅਮਿੰਤਸਰ ਤੋਂ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਬਾਣੀ ਦੇ ਅਮਰ ਪਿਆਲੇ ਲਿਆ ਦਿਉ ਜੀ।
Vaheguru!

Bhai Sahib has done an amazing job in painting the picture of darshan ishnaan of Sri Darbar Sahib. Truly it is beyond words to express the anand that is received when getting darshan there.

When we met the Mallian vale Singhs I really felt like we were at home. It felt like meeting friends that you have lived with your whole life. The love that they showed us warmed our hearts and was just what was needed in preparation of going to darbar sahib. We were all missing our daily guphay of Degh and with Guru Sahib's kirpa we were given khulay guphay of degh after Abhiyaas with the Mallian Vale Singhs.

When we walked into the parkarma I didn't know who to thank for this experience. My first thought was to say Dhan Guru Raamdaas Sahib because this pavitar asthan is made for Satguru Raamdaas jee. But then a thought came to me that all of this was made by Satguru Arjan Dev jee, and in such nimrita Guru Sahib did not even let anyone remember his name. He gave all ustat to his pita jee, Guru Raamdaas jee. Vah! I was then about to say Dhan Guru Arjan Dev Sahib jee, but my mind was overcome with bairaag and I just about managed to say Vaheguru.

We were all stunned and speechless throughout the whole Darshan Ishnaan. It is only worthwhile to do darshan ishnaan in the sangat of Gurmukhs. Why go alone when you can be in the company of naam abhiyaasis?

When we stepped into the sarovar, everyone's khanda started with full force. The naam-heen-praanis were astonished at what we were doing. They could not understand why we were making such weird noises, but how would they be able to recognize the sound naam, when they haven't received amrit naam from Satguru jee.

All of the singhs gave no thought of the sangat around them, we just took full anand of Naam while being immersed in Amrit jal of Sri Raamdaas Sarovar. Vah Vah, Subhaan allah!

After Ishnaan we did parkarma and then went into darshani deori to get darshan and we all started to weep uncontrollably. The rest of sangat was unable to understand what was happening. How could they understand the love that was in our hearts?

Rest of the experience is not describable in words. Muaaf karna jee.
So jaanai jin chakhiya!

Preetam Singh
Sanu vee Vismaad te Bairaag baksho by posting some pictures !

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
Waheguru Jio Ji,
I second Jaskirat Singh Jio, and please do ardas for me so my dubdey siblings, dubdi daughter, and dubdi self..so we can visit too please...but for now I will be content with pictures Jio smiling smiley
Bhul chuk muaf
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
Darshan at Darbar Sahib can't be described, but this year on the morning of Vasakhi daas had darshan of Darbar Sahib from airplane during Amritvela and couldn't control the tears even in the airplane. Its true, that place is not of this world.
Amazing!! Balihaar!!

ਕੀਮਤਿਕਹੀਨਜਾਈਐਕਿਆਕਹਿਮੁਖਿਬੋਲਾ ॥
Its value cannot be estimated; what can I say with my mouth?

Amanjot Singh
Waheguru,
What a magnificient, happily tearful sight it must be for Guru Maharaj Jio, Shaheeds, Gupt Sikhs when blue Saint Sipahis of Tapoban Gurdwara of Canada were approaching Sri Darbar Sahib Jio..
I know there must have been more visits. Pls share more experiences, unless the Jatha has decided to hide it all !!

Vaheguru jee ka Khalsa Vaheguru jee kee fateh!
Bhai Sahie Kulbir Singh Jeeo - may be next time you go please mention on the forum you're going - in that way sangat I'm sure some Gursikhs from the UK would also jump on the bandwagon for this laha in "Amritsar - sehiftee dha Gahar"
ਜਿਵੇਂ ਪਾਣੀ ਨੂਂ ਨਹੀਂ ਅੰਦਾਜ਼ਾ ਮੱਛੀ ਕਿਵੇਂ ਤੜਫਦੀ,
ਜਦ ਉਹ ਜਲ ਤੋਂ ਦੂਰ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦੀ ਏ [
ਜਿਵੇਂ ਹਵਾ ਨੂੰ ਨਹੀੰ ਪਤਾ ਪ੍ਰਾਣੀ ਤੇ ਕੀ ਬੀਤਦੀ,
ਜਦ ਸਾਹ ਦੀ ਪੂਂਜੀ ਪੂਰ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦੀ ਏ [
ਮਾਣ ਰਹਿਈਆਂ ਰਲੀਆਂ, ਓੁਹ ਸੁਹਾਗਣਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਕੀ ਪਰਵਾਹ,
ਜਦ ਦੁਹਾਗਣ ਕੁਰਲਾਉਦੀਂ ਬਿਲਬਿਲਾਉਦੀਂ ਏ [
ਇਸੇ ਤਰਾਂ ਉਹ ਪਿਆਰੀ ਸੰਗਤ ਨੂੰ ਕੀ ਪਤਾ
ਕਿਵੇਂ ਇਸ ਅਭਾਗਣ ਨੂੰ ਉਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਦੀ ਯਾਦ ਸਤਾਉਂਦੀ ਏ [
ਜਾਨ ਤੋਂ ਪਿਆਰੀ, ਪ੍ਰਾਣ ਅਧਾਰੀ, ਪਰਦੇਸ ਗਈ ਸੰਗਤ ਨੂੰ ਇਕ ਦੁਆ,
ਛੇਤੀ ਬਖਸ਼ੋ ਅਪਣੇ ਅਨਮੋਲ ਦਰਸ਼ਨ ਸਾਨੂੰ [
ਰੋਜ਼ ਮੰਨ ਵਿਚ ਰਹਿਂਦਾ ਇੱਕੋ ਹੀ ਚਾਹ,
ਫਿਰ ਨੇਮ ਨਾਲ ਦਖਣ ਲਈ ਲੋਚਨ ਤਰਸਨ ਤੁਹਾਨੂੰ [
ਖ਼ਜ਼ਾਨੇ ਵਿਚ ਪਏ ਹੀਰੇਆਂ ਨੂ ਕੀ ਮਤਲਬ ਰੁਲਦੇ ਕਉਡੀ ਨਾਲ,
ਕਰਲੋ ਇਸ ਕਉਡੀ ਤੇ ਦਇਆ ਇਕ ਛਿਨ [
ਅਪਣੀ ਮਿਹਰ ਭਰੀ ਨਜ਼ਰ ਨਾਲ ਦੇਖੋ ਤਾਂ ਜ਼ਰਾ ,
ਇਸ ਬੇਕਾਰ ਮੂੜ ਦੀ ਕੀ ਸਥਿਤੀ ਤੁਹਾਡੇ ਬਿਨ [
Shaheed Singhs must have loved the food too! winking smiley
Vaheguru! Great poem! By Guru Sahib's Kirpa, Darsh-Milaap will happen soon.

Kulbir Singh
Such exhilarating accounts of Darshan Ishnaan at Sri Harmandar Sahib.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login