ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tamasha

Posted by Jagjit Singh 
Tamasha
December 01, 2012 08:43AM
vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ke fateh

A father and son were sitting in pangat in a langar hall, having langar. In front of them, they see two singhs in bana come together. These two singhs talk and it develops into an argument. One Singh is very abusive and has foul language. The other is silent and stands with his hands together in nimerta.

The father and son who were observing stayed seated. The father said to the son, who won the argument. The son said, the one who had the rant, the other hand nothing to say. the father said “No son, it is the opposite, let me explain. The one who had a rant tried to do “sanj of vikaars” (sharing of his ego and anger). However the other Singh was protected by vaheguru and remained in Sehaj.

You see son, the whole world is a Jagat Tamasha. In it sadly, some people have made their lives a Tamasha aswell. That is their bad karams. No matter what they say and do they are condemning their lives to continue as a tamasha. It is far better not to join them, instead make your life a beacon of pyaar, sehaj and live in dignity.

The first one had a tornado in his head, while the sehaj Singh has a glistening meadow with Naam in his. Why ruin your sehaj? If the second Singh had done that all that would have happened is that the other singh has proved he was a characterless as him. The one with sehaj passed the test Guru Ji put before, the other one failed.

So son, the lesson learned in live a live of dignity and sehaj, and do ardas you always pass every test Guru Ji puts before you.

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ke fateh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Tamasha
December 01, 2012 11:41AM
Great Story Ji,, iThink We All Should Learn From This

Thanks

Amanjot Singh
December 02, 2012 04:54PM
Jagjit Singh jeeo

Thank you so much for psoting - a real gem of a story- .

I used to think for years that SEHAJ - is just slowly slowly and that is it - until i was corrected on this forum by learned individuals such as Kulbir Singh jeeo - SEHAJ - indeed is atmaic adholta - i.e. - not to let the vikaars or emotions of others harass your own ego - very very hard to do - infact I would say IMPOSSIBLE without Gurbani and naam abyhaas and of course years of self policing.!
December 03, 2012 07:22AM
Very lesson-giving story. Indeed the Gursikh who was keeping his cool, was the one who was winning. The Singh getting agitated was losing.

Many people would think that the one getting agitated was teaching a lesson to the one who was keeping his cool. Some would think that the cool Singh got his "Besti" done which is not the case at all. The winner is that person who is the winner in the eyes of Guru Sahib. A Singh who loses cool and yells at fellow Gursikhs, is a loser.

There are many instances in history where Gursikhs even sacrificed their lives to uphold the principle of not fighting with fellow Gursikhs. The Shaheedi of Baba Bir Singh jee Naurangabadi is a prime example of this.

Kulbir Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login