ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Washing Rumaaleh for Guru Sahib Seva

Posted by akaal74 
Can gursikhs please advise if its ok to wash the rumalas in washing machine that is used for day to day cleaning of personal clothes? Or do gursikhs hand wash them?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
It's better to wash the Rumaalay with hand. Some Gursikhs have a washing machine and a dryer machine solely dedicated to wash Guru Sahib related Rumaalay. This too seems fine.

Kulbir Singh
We also wash them by hand.
Satbachan Ji. So far we have been washing with hand only. But some sings suggested it was ok to use the regular daily use machine which daas didn't feel right about.
It's the same dilemna I have been getting into recently. Though I have been washing Rumalle sahib with hand only so far, I now feel ( after talking to couple of Gursikhs), it's better to wash in washing machine. The only place where you can wash rumalle with hand is bathroom. No matter how much you clean your bathroom before washing rumalle sahib, it's the same place where you are taking shower and going to toilet. Washing machine is much cleaner place than that. Separate washer/dryer is the ideal option, but most people don't have big houses to keep two washers/dryers.
If bathroom is an issue, one could wash them in the kitchen.
Just a thought.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login