Darshan Parsan Sarsan Harsan

Posted by Vista 
Darshan Parsan Sarsan Harsan
September 12, 2012 10:35AM
ਦਰਸਨਪਰਸਨਸਰਸਨਹਰਸਨਰੰਗਿਰੰਗੀਕਰਤਾਰੀਰੇ ॥1॥
ਖਿਨੁਰਮਗੁਰਗਮਹਰਿਦਮਨਹਜਮਹਰਿਕੰਠਿਨਾਨਕਉਰਿਹਾਰੀਰ ॥2॥5॥134॥

(Ang 404)

DARSHAN
By listening to and reciting Naam and Guru’s Bachan we are blessed with the divine vision of VaaheGuroo jee.

PARSAN
When Naam and the Guru’s Bachan (shabad) touches our consciousness (Surati) we are blessed with the shelter of Vaaheguroos Charan Kamal.

SARSAN
When Naam and the Guru’s words erupt inside us then our internal spirit blossoms like a flower.

HARSAN
When we practice Naam Abhyass and the Guru’s word then we experience spiritual bliss, happiness and sweetness of Naam ..

RANG RANGEE KARTAREE REA
Akaal Purakh has coloured the Naam and Guru’s word with the colour of love (prem). Sri Guru Nanak Dev Sahib jee has given us Naam and the Guru’s word as parshaad. I urge us all to eat this divine food twenty four hours a day.so we are blessed with :. Darshan Parsan Sarsan Harsan.....

KHIN RUM
Nimakh or Khin means the blink of the eye,
Rum means rememberance.
Khin Rum means to recite Naam and BaNee all the time

GUR GAM
Gur Gum means reaching Vaaheguroo

HUM DAM
Hum Dum means every breath

NEH JAM
The Angel of Death (Jum Dhooth) cannot come near one.

Hence, remembering VaaheGuroo at every blink and at every breath, we reach VaaheGuroo and the angel of death cannot come near us.

ਦਰਸਨ = (ਕਰਤਾਰ ਦਾ) ਦੀਦਾਰ।
ਪਰਸਨ = (ਕਰਤਾਰ ਦੇ ਚਰਨਾਂ ਦੀ) ਛੋਹ।
ਸਰਸਨ = ਆਤਮਕ ਖਿੜਾਉ।
ਹਰਸਨ = ਹਰਖ, ਆਨੰਦ, ਖ਼ੁਸ਼ੀ।
ਰੰਗਿ = ਪ੍ਰੇਮ-ਰੰਗ ਵਿਚ।
ਰੰਗੀ = ਰੰਗਣ ਵਾਲੀ ॥੧॥

Reply Quote TweetFacebook
JUST WONDERFUL

Daas

Prakash.s.Bagga
Re: Darshan Parsan Sarsan Harsan
September 12, 2012 12:20PM
Great post explaining these Gurmat concepts.
ਆਸਾ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥
ਹਮਾਰੀ ਪਿਆਰੀ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਧਾਰੀ ਗੁਰਿ ਨਿਮਖ ਨ ਮਨ ਤੇ ਟਾਰੀ ਰੇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
ਦਰਸਨ ਪਰਸਨ ਸਰਸਨ ਹਰਸਨ ਰੰਗਿ ਰੰਗੀ ਕਰਤਾਰੀ ਰੇ ॥੧॥
ਖਿਨੁ ਰਮ ਗੁਰ ਗਮ ਹਰਿ ਦਮ ਨਹ ਜਮ ਹਰਿ ਕੰਠਿ ਨਾਨਕ ਉਰਿ ਹਾਰੀ ਰੇ ॥੨॥੫॥੧੩੪॥

What an amazing Shabad this is in Raag Asa, Mahalla 5 and excellent Vichaar by Vista jee. The only thing I want to add is that this Shabad is strictly dedicated to Gurbani. Guru Sahib in this Shabad has referred to Gurbani as - ਹਮਾਰੀ ਪਿਆਰੀ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਧਾਰੀ. Guru Sahib calls Gurbani "Hamari Pyaari" and "Amritdhaari". What does it mean by calling Gurbani Amritdhaari? Amritdhaari means one that is Dhaara of Amrit i.e. flow of Amrit i.e. full of Amrit. And without doubt Gurbani is pure Amrit.

Then further on Guru Sahib has declared that ਗੁਰਿ ਨਿਮਖ ਨ ਮਨ ਤੇ ਟਾਰੀ ਰੇ - Guru Sahib has never parted from Gurbani even for a Nimakh (time taken to blink eye). Why? Because Gurbani is a form of Guru Sahib.

ਦਰਸਨ ਪਰਸਨ ਸਰਸਨ ਹਰਸਨ ਰੰਗਿ ਰੰਗੀ ਕਰਤਾਰੀ ਰੇ ॥੧॥

This Godly (Kartaari) Baani is Rang-Rangi i.e. imbued with Vaheguru and who ever touches Gurbani gets Darshan (vision) and Parsan (touch, feeling) of Vaheguru; and such person becomes full of Rass (Sarsan) and is always in bliss (Harsan).

ਖਿਨੁ ਰਮ, ਗੁਰ ਗਮ, ਹਰਿ ਦਮ, ਨਹ ਜਮ, ਹਰਿ ਕੰਠਿ ਨਾਨਕ, ਉਰਿ ਹਾਰੀ ਰੇ ॥੨॥੫॥੧੩੪॥

if one does ਖਿਨੁ ਰਮ (does real Gurbani Paath for only a moment), it brings two results -

1. ਗੁਰ ਗਮ - one reaches Guru Sahib.
2. ਹਰਿ ਦਮ - Naam Hari becomes part of each breath.

And this in return causes two more things:

1. ਨਹ ਜਮ - No Jammdoots (messengers of death) i.e. they don't bother such person.
2. ਹਰਿ ਕੰਠਿ ਨਾਨਕ, ਉਰਿ ਹਾਰੀ ਰੇ ॥੨॥੫॥੧੩੪॥ HarNaam resides in the Kanth (in Madhma baani format, in the throat) and in form of Para-Pasanti (in Hirda).

Gurbani is Agam Agaadh Bodh.

Kulbir Singh
Bhai Kulbir Singh Jeeo,

please take a few minutes to give shudh uchaaran santhiyaa of this Wondrous Shabad as well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login