ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Questions & Answers - Khalsa Camp BC 2012

Posted by Amritvela 
Heart-warming and priceless bachans are shared in this video by Bapu Sadhu Singh ji - Please take time to listen:

[www.youtube.com]
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
[www.youtube.com]
Bapu Sadhu Singh jee has mentioned that he used to do Shabad Hazaare with Siri Jap jee Sahib and then Siri Jaap Sahib but then some Singhs told him that the Nitnem should be done intact. He started doing 5 Baanis together but then over time, he gave up doing Shabad Hazaare. Couple of years later when he did do Paath of Shabad Hazaare one day, he was filled with Bairaag and regret for getting separated from this Baanis.

Same thing happened with me. When I first chhak Amrit, I used to do my morning Nitnem as follows:

1. Siri Jap jee Sahib + Shabad Hazaare
2. Siri Jaap Sahib + Shabad Hazaare Patshaahi 10
3. Sudha Savaiye + Deenan Savaiye
4. Siri Benti Chaupai + Chaupai (Pranvo Aad)
5. Siri Anand Sahib

I had a Puraatan Gutka Sahib that had morning Nitnem in the above order but then many Singhs (mostly Taksali Singhs) told me that Punj Nitnemi Baanis must be done without other Baanis in between. For many years I continued this Nitnem but when companions persisted, then over time slowly, dhil (weakness) started creeping in and I lost the Nitnem extra 4 Baanis. Hearing part of Bapu Sadhu Singh jee's speech has caused me to rethink my morning Nitnem. Bhai Sahib has mentioned in Jail Chithiaan that Siri Jap jee Sahib was done with Shabad Hazaare and Siri Jaap Sahib was done with Shabad Hazaare Paatshaahi 10.

Dekho Guru Sahib kee Kirpa karde hunn.

Kulbir Singh

-Upkaar Singh
I had similar experience to Bhai Kulbir SIngh Jee. When I read Bhai Sahib Bhai randhir Singh JI lifestory I noticed he recited Nitnem the same way Bhai KUlbir Singh Ji mentioned. I was curious to invesitagate the matter further. I went to my Nana Jis house and viewed some of the puratan Gutkey Sahibs and they had banis ordered similar to the fashion Bhai Sahib would recite. Then I get an uncontrolable urge to recite Nitnem including Shabad Hazarey in between both JapJi Sahib and Jaap Sahib and including 10 additional swayyas. I found I was full with much more bairaag and love then in the past. I also experienced much more shakhti with the additional swayyas. But then doubt crept in . I started thinking I was reciting which was not in accordance to the wider panth and most of all not in accordance to the direction given by Panj Pyaarey. The biggest problem is I started getting doubts about what the panj bania was during Amrit Sanchar? Eventually I then started reciting Shabad Hazarey in the evening but I did not get the same type of Anand, and eventually I got lazy and took it out of my Nitnem. I still would recite the additional 10 swayyas because panj pyaarey told me to recite twav prasaad swaayas which can include the 10 swayyas plus Bhai Daya SIngh Jis rehatnama mentions to include these verses. I still fear including Shabad Hazarey in between Panj bania because of the directions given by the Panj. I hope there can be some solution to this personal conflict.
Hearing Bhai Sahib Daas had no options but to delete all massengers,Facebook Accounts.smiling smiley

Vaheguru jee ka Khalsa Vaheguru jee kee fateh!
ਸਾਹਿਬ ਸਿੰਘ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hearing Bhai Sahib Daas had no options but to
> delete all massengers,Facebook Accounts.smiling smiley

Hanji veerjee, avastha valay singhs have this way of speaking the most sweetest words, but slapping our face at the same time.

I de-activated my facebook again yesterday, hearing Bhai Surjit Singh jee.

-Upkaar Singh
Kulbir Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bapu Sadhu Singh jee has mentioned that he used to
> do Shabad Hazaare with Siri Jap jee Sahib and then
> Siri Jaap Sahib but then some Singhs told him that
> the Nitnem should be done intact. He started doing
> 5 Baanis together but then over time, he gave up
> doing Shabad Hazaare. Couple of years later when
> he did do Paath of Shabad Hazaare one day, he was
> filled with Bairaag and regret for getting
> separated from this Baanis.
>
> Same thing happened with me. When I first chhak
> Amrit, I used to do my morning Nitnem as follows:
>
> 1. Siri Jap jee Sahib + Shabad Hazaare
> 2. Siri Jaap Sahib + Shabad Hazaare Patshaahi 10
> 3. Sudha Savaiye + Deenan Savaiye
> 4. Siri Benti Chaupai + Chaupai (Pranvo Aad)
> 5. Siri Anand Sahib
>
> I had a Puraatan Gutka Sahib that had morning
> Nitnem in the above order but then many Singhs
> (mostly Taksali Singhs) told me that Punj Nitnemi
> Baanis must be done without other Baanis in
> between. For many years I continued this Nitnem
> but when companions persisted, then over time
> slowly, dhil (weakness) started creeping in and I
> lost the Nitnem extra 4 Baanis. Hearing part of
> Bapu Sadhu Singh jee's speech has caused me to
> rethink my morning Nitnem. Bhai Sahib has
> mentioned in Jail Chithiaan that Siri Jap jee
> Sahib was done with Shabad Hazaare and Siri Jaap
> Sahib was done with Shabad Hazaare Paatshaahi 10.
>
>
> Dekho Guru Sahib kee Kirpa karde hunn.
>
> Kulbir Singh

So what did you think Kulbir Singh Jee, have you started to do those extra Banis. I checked out many of my Gutkas and noticed that almost all of them have the morning Nitnem as you have mentioned with the additional 4 Banis. This seems like a puraatan tradition of Singhs to get maximum laha out of Nitnem.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login