ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Guess What?

Posted by JASJIT SINGH 
Guess What?
August 29, 2012 02:35PM
No offense to someone, just need some serious thought!

Puraatan:

Vs.

Modern:
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Guess What?
August 30, 2012 03:38AM
Bhai Jasjit SIngh jeo,
Picture of Bhai Sahib reminded of an incident narated to me by a bazurg bibi in Narangwal. As a kid, while she playing in Bhai Sahib's house compound. Bhai Sahib told her to prepare lime juice before heading out hurrily. She asked, "How much should I prepare?" .Bhai Sahib replied, "Make it for 4 people". Bhai Sahib left in a hurry and sometime later came back with exactly 4 flower garlands. Just a few moments passed 4 Singh who travelled from far came to meet Bhai Sahibs. Bhai Sahib greeted with those Singhs with garlands& Naam hug and served them the lime juice.
There were no phones in the villiges back then for people to make calls. Those flower garlands in Bhai Atma Singh and Sant Jvala Singh reminded of this story.

There is a sharp contrast contrast how Bhai Sahib use to greet other rehitvaan Singhs and how current day "sants"(self proclaimed though) greet their "shardalooooooooos."

Chota veer
August 30, 2012 08:40AM
Thanks for the sharing a Gurmukh Bibi jio's experience. ਕਿਆ ਬਾਤਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਦੀ ਮੇਜ਼ਬਾਨੀ ਅਤੇ ਗੁਰਸਿੱਖਾਂ ਪ੍ਰਤੀ ਸਤਿਕਾਰ ਦੀਆਂ।
August 30, 2012 11:11AM
According to Gurmat Maryada when Gursikhs meet one another they should humbly sit together as " equals" in a pangat. Now if someone has such pride that they want to sit in a higher pedastal then this is their fault , and not the fault of Gursikhs who humbly abide by Gurmat Maryada. This picture is misleading and give people the impression that Giani Gurdev Singh Ji is a follower of Bhai Ranjit Singh.

Some years ago I went to a Sant Dera which I originally thought was Gurdwara Sahib because of the nishan sahib outside. After I metha tekhed to Sri Guru Ji some singh took me to a room. In the room there was a " Baba " sitting on a chair and other Gursikhs were sitting on the floor. I can never sit on a chair knowing Sri Guru Ji is sitting on his takht a couple of yards away. I humbly sat on the floor with the rest of my gursikh brothers. I told the Baba he too should sit on the floor since we are all Gursikhs. He get upset and said nobody is forcing me to sit on the floor. I told him we are in the Gurdwara Sahib and this we shouldnt sit on chairs. He replied " I lives here and next you are going to tell me not to sleep on a bed". I told him he should humbly sleep on the floor since Sri Guru Jis saroop is present. The arrogant baba got even more annyoed after these comments. The make a long story short the baba was very arrogant , and refused to sit on the floor as equals. If someone took a picture of me sitiing at the floor in the the dera it would be misleading . The same holds true for the picture above. We dont know all the details about the picture above.
August 30, 2012 02:13PM
Good Post Sukhdeep Singh Jio
August 30, 2012 06:02PM
I really do.nt see the purpose of this post...we don't kno context of the picture, even if it is what so,e might think it won't improve our jeevans to talk about it
September 03, 2012 01:27PM
GurmanSingh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I really do.nt see the purpose of this post...we
> don't kno context of the picture, even if it is
> what so,e might think it won't improve our jeevans
> to talk about it

100% correct - there are plenty of trouble makers out there using photshop and adobe to manipulate photos and then manipulate the public and keep us tearing each other apart all the time for decades to come.

shame this thread could have been started without the pic - no need for it at all.
September 03, 2012 01:52PM
Regarding Bhai Ranjit Singh, yes he does have some things that need fixing, like the way he is sitting above all the other Gursikhs in the photo. I used to be very critical of him before but to be honest, overall he is a good Sikh, probably a much better Sikh than me. He is doing Parchar of Sikhi. He is very Panthic in his views. Right now, Kala Afghanists and their missionary chumchas are after him even to the point of spreading lies as we recently witnessed. If we need to go after someone let us go after these Kala Afghanis and Dusht Missionaries who are uprooting Sikhi from it's very roots.
September 03, 2012 02:09PM
spot on 100% rsingh jeeo - an example is the song sung by a singer in which a video was made of Bhai ranjit singh owining a £100 000 audi q7 - go to the dera - and you will never find any - and Bhai Ranjit Jee has asked for anyone to provide proof he owns land and super fast cars - to this all are silent.-- As you say we have 1000 fold enemies out there who needs to be sorted like Bhai Mandeep singh jee did the other day - the soorma didn't waste no time - just shot the culprit who did beadbi ofDhan SGGS.
September 09, 2012 02:53PM
Truth is always offensive, but is Truth that we should acknowledge?
no one is higher than Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji!
no fifty fifty percent adherence to Gurbani, Gurmat..is going to wipe our karam..which is why Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir sacrifised his life for total respect to Gurbani, neither did he compromise on worldliness in his attire, or letting anyone get even a stick length close to his feet for the sake of his karam, and the doer..so thank-you Waheguru atey Veer Jasjit Singh Ji for the serious thought..
Bhul chuk muaf
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login