ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bhai Sahib's language - Poem or Prose

Posted by Kulbir Singh 
Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee wrote two books of poems and rest of his books are written in Vaartak (prose) but many times Bhai Sahib goes poetic when writing about Vaheguru or Naam or Gurmat Avastha etc. In this thread an effort will be done to present selected quotes from Bhai Sahib's writings where he goes poetic or where the language used by him does not seem to be worldly but heavenly. Read carefully what Bhai Sahib writes about Naam Abhyaas:

ਜੋ ਕਿਛ ਹੈ ਸੋ ਇਹ ਨਾਮ ਅਭਿਆਸ ਹੀ ਹੈ। ਇਹ ਅਭਿਆਸ ਆਪੇ ਹੀ ਗਿਆਨ ਹੈ, ਆਪੇ ਹੀ ਗਿਆਨ ਪ੍ਰਚੰਡ ਹੈ। ਆਪ ਹੀ ਧਿਆਨ ਹੈ, ਆਪੇ ਧਿਆਨ ਜੋਤੰਡ ਹੈ। ਆਪੇ ਹੀ ਕਲਿਆਣ ਹੈ, ਆਪੇ ਹੀ ਕਲਿਆਣ ਮੁਕੰਦ ਹੈ। ਆਪੇ ਹੀ ਨਿਰਬਾਣ ਹੈ, ਆਪੇ ਹੀ ਨਿਰਬਾਣ ਪਦ ਉਦੰਡ ਹੈ।

Even though the above text is prose but it rhymes better than most poems. No need to translate it.

Kulbir Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
One cannot do Mahimaa of Bhai Sahib's writings.
Can some one do a basic english translation of the above quote if possible .
Beautiful.. which book is this excerpt from?!
Alas I forgot to mention the book in my original post and now I can't remember which book this passage is from.

If Guru Sahib does Kirpa, an effort will be made to continue this thread by posting poetic prose from Bhai Sahib's writings.

Kulbir Singh
Amazing Mehma Of Naam -- Vahegurooo!!

Subhaan!!

Amanjot Singh
Seeking forgiveness from Sangat Jio, first; please allow to share following as a translation - from the one - in luv with this beautiful poem.

ਜੋ ਕਿਛ ਹੈ ਸੋ ਇਹ ਨਾਮ ਅਭਿਆਸ ਹੀ ਹੈ।
Quintessential is Earning (Naam Kamaaee - NaaM Abheaas) NaaM

ਇਹ ਅਭਿਆਸ ਆਪੇ ਹੀ ਗਿਆਨ ਹੈ,
NaaM Earning is Absolute Knowledge (ਗਿਆਨ) by Itself

ਆਪੇ ਹੀ ਗਿਆਨ ਪ੍ਰਚੰਡ ਹੈ।
And is All Knowledge (ਗਿਆਨ) Manifested (ਪ੍ਰਚੰਡ)

ਆਪ ਹੀ ਧਿਆਨ ਹੈ,
By Itself is Blissful Consciousness (ਧਿਆਨ)

ਆਪੇ ਧਿਆਨ ਜੋਤੰਡ ਹੈ।
By Itself is the Conscious Celestial Musical Light (JagdeeSuR - ਜੋਤੰਡ)

ਆਪੇ ਹੀ ਕਲਿਆਣ ਹੈ,
By Itself is Welfare (ਕਲਿਆਣ) (of all)

ਆਪੇ ਹੀ ਕਲਿਆਣ ਮੁਕੰਦ ਹੈ।
By Itself is Free (ਮੁਕੰਦ) from ( of all) Welfares

ਆਪੇ ਹੀ ਨਿਰਬਾਣ ਹੈ,
By Itself is Primal Word (ਨਿਰਬਾਣ)

ਆਪੇ ਹੀ ਨਿਰਬਾਣ ਪਦ ਉਦੰਡ ਹੈ।
By Itself Measures (ਉਦੰਡ) the Domain of Primal Word

Humbly

Charan Singh
Bhai Randhir Singh Jee's writing style is very unique like the quote above, it almost like poem. The words he uses are not used in today's spoken language. Some of his books use such vocabulary that sometimes I feel there should be a glossary chapter included in every one of his books. Only the Jyot Vigaas book has included a glossary, but even that glossary has left out many difficult words. Some Gursikh should do this seva of making a glossary for each book.

Thanks Charan Singh Jee for doing a translation of some of those difficult words.
Charn Singh - Thanks you very very much for the translation above- excellent

Bhai Sahib Jee was and remains amazing.
Are these books available as soft copy Jio? "The words he uses are not used in today's spoken language." - Thats correct, however, Bhai Sahib Jio writing are Gurmat inspired so the roots may be easy to find to get closest meanings of those words. Thanks all for kind words.
Goroo Piaaraeo
I would like to aplogize and mention one more thing an missed insight from the poem that for me highlights the importance of DRriHna /Dhiyan/Abhiaas. Bhai Sahib jio enjoyed and inspires us through his writings to sharpen our consiousness and turn into Blissful Conciousness. When one reads the poem one may find that ONLY ONCE "ਆਪ ਹੀ ਧਿਆਨ ਹੈ" has come explicitly stated and Once implicitly stated "ਨਾਮ ਅਭਿਆਸ ਹੀ ਹੈ" at other places bhai sahib has used "ਆਪੇ ਹੀ ". Alpag Jeev translated all this as "By Itself -ਆਪੇ ਹੀ" , missed this distinction, Where as Piaarae Bhai Sahib Jio left a mystical blissful clue of distinction, and reverance of Ecoo...that came up only while re-reading the poem and enjoying the beauty and bliss captured in words. Seeking forgivenes.
Wonderful thoughts, Veer Charan Singh jeeo.

Kulbir Singh
Charan Singh Jeeo -- words cannot express - each time I read it and each time I read your translation of it - I feel different - my mind goes into warp speed and beyond any thought process - the words are just so powerful.
Its great Guru's Appar Kirpa Jeeo, Guru has blessed me Gur Sanagt -company of all of you -in luv with the Guru. Many thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login