Posted by Gupt1 
Amrit Sanchar Document
June 12, 2012 09:34AM
Document from sri Akal Takht Sahib in relation to Amrit Sanchar:

[www.scribd.com]
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Amrit Sanchar Document
June 12, 2012 10:09AM
A Very informative article. I stumbled upon it a few months ago but didn't put the effort into read it as it was in Larreevaar and the quality of the pictures I found wasn't too good.

Something that is interesting from the Document is:

ਜਿਸ ਨੇ ਪਾਹੁਲ ਨ ਲਈ ਹੋਵੇ ਉਸਕੇ ਹਾਥ ਕਾ ਨ ਛਕਤ ਹੋਹਿਂ

Those that have not taken Amrit, do no eat from their Hands.

Gursikhs were expected to only eat from those that have taken Amrit. Thus Bibek is a Puratan Rehat, and not a recent invention.

Another interesting line is:

ਕਿਸੇ ਵੇਲੇ ਭੁਲਕੇ ਪਗ ਯਾ ਕਛ ਲਹ ਜਾਵੇ ਤਨਖਾਹ ਬਖਸਾਲੈਣੀ

If at any time even by mistake your Dastar or Kachhera are separated from your body then give yourself Tankhaah (Punishment).

Although the document states that the 5th Kakkar is Kes, it still goes to show that Dastar was still considered an important part of the Khalsa. All Gursikhs, regardless of gender must wear a Dastar! It is Guru Sahib's Hukam.
June 12, 2012 12:02PM
This is the pre SGPC rehet maryadha of the Akal Takht.
WaahGuroooo, what a great find! I cannot imagin the power and unity the panth would be in if they had adopted this Maryada.

I think the following verses

are referring to dont take Amrit from the hands of those that haven taken Amrit.Either way Bibek diet is prescribed in this maryada. There is mention of not eating from veymukhs and those Gursikhs that have committed a Kurehit. In the 19th century there were extremely weird practices going on in Amrit Sanchar. Bhai Randhir SIngh Ji also mentions when he first took Amrit some unknown person whispered some manmat mantar in his ear. Also during this time Amrit Sanchars replaced Keski with Kes as a Kakkar. Unfortunately, it seems like the writers of this draft were not vigilant of this change .

I especially like the propragration of reciting more bani. There is mention of reciting Chandi Di Vaar daily and not even eating without reciting this bani.
June 12, 2012 03:53PM
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,
I would humbly hope to get guidance with regards to kachera, and dastaar not being seperate for oneself after taking Amrit. This is of big concern to me, as I had read on this forum, and asked but received no reply.
Someone has posted that kachera is to be on even while shower, and clean one put on one feet while other removed? I cannot understand how do we ensure cleanliness as such?
Also, now, dastaar cannot be taken off during shower as well?
I am trying to atone for my karma, and ease my afterlife with taking Khandey Batey Ki Pahul, but mostly it is because of my immense love, and respect for Gursikhi, and Gurujio, but if kachera/ dastaar issue flawed, also considered kurehit, it worries me now??
And about sarbloh, this is not kurehit, if one is not able to use total sarbloh, correct?
I would appreciate some guidance on this, please?
Bhul chuk muaf.
June 12, 2012 04:14PM
ks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,
> I would humbly hope to get guidance with regards
> to kachera, and dastaar not being seperate for
> oneself after taking Amrit. This is of big
> concern to me, as I had read on this forum, and
> asked but received no reply.
> Someone has posted that kachera is to be on even
> while shower, and clean one put on one feet while
> other removed? I cannot understand how do we
> ensure cleanliness as such?
> Also, now, dastaar cannot be taken off during
> shower as well?
> I am trying to atone for my karma, and ease my
> afterlife with taking Khandey Batey Ki Pahul, but
> mostly it is because of my immense love, and
> respect for Gursikhi, and Gurujio, but if kachera/
> dastaar issue flawed, also considered kurehit, it
> worries me now??
> And about sarbloh, this is not kurehit, if one is
> not able to use total sarbloh, correct?
> I would appreciate some guidance on this, please?
> Bhul chuk muaf.

KS Jee

One when removes Kacchera after shower, you take one leg out of old (wet) Kachhera and put it in the new (dry) Kachhera. This way you are never totally separated from the Kachhera. You are never supposed to separate any of the 5 Kakkars (Keski, Kanga, Kara, Kachhera, and Kirpan) from your body even when taking a shower or sleeping.

It is not considered a Bujjer Kureit if one of your Kakkars comes off but Gursikhs generally do Ardaas asking Guru Sahib for forgiveness and usually give themselves a Punishment i.e 5 Chaupai Sahib, or 1 Jap Jee Sahib.

Again it is not a Bujjer Kureit if you cannot keep Full Sarbloh Bibek, but it is a Dhill for sure if you do not keep some sort of Bibek.

There is no need for you to worry. Once taking Amrit you must do 7 Bania, always keep 5 Kakkars on your body, and not commit any of the 4 Bujjer Kureits. Waking up at Amritvela is a must for any serious Gursikh, so is doing at least 1 to 2.5 hours of Abhiaas Daily.

Look at this way, Doing Simran and Reading Gurbani is like wealth, and keeping Strict Rehat and Bibek protects this wealth from being stolen.
June 12, 2012 05:20PM
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,
Then maybe I should wait, cause I know I cannot guarantee Amritvela, due to work/ laziness.
About kachera, your reply is exactly what was posted, and I cannot imagine, how is one to be clean if not allowed to remove before shower kachera, to at least cleanse body, and then put on clean one. Same with dastaar, how do one shampoo with dastaar?
Surely, if 5ks removed to shower, and clean ones are within reach while one taking bath, should not considered being seperate?
Bhul chuk muaf
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
The second-to-last line of that document is the most frightening.

I wish I could meet a mahapurakh who could tell me all of the kurehits I have done in this life and past lives so I could get pesh for them ... going back into 8.4 million life forms is frightening.

ab ki baar bakhsh bande ko ....... sad smiley
June 12, 2012 06:16PM
ks Wrote:
> Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
> Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,
> Then maybe I should wait, cause I know I cannot
> guarantee Amritvela, due to work/ laziness.
> About kachera, your reply is exactly what was
> posted, and I cannot imagine, how is one to be
> clean if not allowed to remove before shower
> kachera, to at least cleanse body, and then put on
> clean one. Same with dastaar, how do one shampoo
> with dastaar?
> Surely, if 5ks removed to shower, and clean ones
> are within reach while one taking bath, should not
> considered being seperate?
> Bhul chuk muaf
> Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Are you suggesting we take a Ishnaan without a Kachhera on? Vaahigurooo.The Maryada is to wear old Kachhera while doing Ishnaan and put on new one, there is nothing wrong with this. It is wrong however to bathe naked. When washing our Kes, we tie the Keski around our Waste and put our Kanga and Kirpan in it. We are NEVER allowed to separate Kakkars from our body. They are our body parts.
June 12, 2012 06:41PM
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,
Now I understand better, put dastaar on waist, and put on old (but clean kachera while in shower?), so our 5ks remain with us, very pure, and highly blessed morality, Waheguru!
How very blessed are those who adopted Gursikhi since birth.
About sarbloh issue, I am reading Se Kineya (about Babaji Harnam Singh, discovered from this forum), and on page 152, it says Babaji uses brass cup/ bowl, and earthern pots. He is a highly blessed, and achieved Gursikh. So I am confused now that He uses brass, and earthern?
I am not trying to change Gursikhi strict discipline of Gurmat Bibeki, but knowing what is kurehit, so I will not be taking Amrit in vain, or just wait until I am able to be truly worthy of respecting/ honor Gurujio's rule/ blessings 100%.
Bhul chuk muaf
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
Sukhdeep Singh Wrote:
> WaahGuroooo, what a great find! I cannot imagin
> the power and unity the panth would be in if they
> had adopted this Maryada.
>
> I think the following verses
>
> ਜਿਸ ਨੇ ਪਾਹੁਲ ਨ ਲਈ
> ਹੋਵੇ ਉਸਕੇ ਹਾਥ ਕਾ ਨ
> ਛਕਤ ਹੋਹਿਂ
>
> are referring to dont take Amrit from the hands of
> those that haven taken Amrit.Either way Bibek diet
> is prescribed in this maryada. There is mention of
> not eating from veymukhs and those Gursikhs that
> have committed a Kurehit. In the 19th century
> there were extremely weird practices going on in
> Amrit Sanchar. Bhai Randhir SIngh Ji also mentions
> when he first took Amrit some unknown person
> whispered some manmat mantar in his ear. Also
> during this time Amrit Sanchars replaced Keski
> with Kes as a Kakkar. Unfortunately, it seems like
> the writers of this draft were not vigilant of
> this change .
>
> I especially like the propragration of reciting
> more bani. There is mention of reciting Chandi Di
> Vaar daily and not even eating without reciting
> this bani.

Baba jee, what kind of a concept is this ? since when does anybody take amrit from some1 who doesnt have amrit themselves ?
This panktee very clearly talks about parshaday dee saanj.

You are so.......strange
baba upkar singh ji, read my entire post. during the british raj many weird prctices too place including non gursikhs giving amrit. even today such things exist. i believe the rehat is addressng this and saying one should not take chhak amrit from the hands of a nigura. read the first paragrph of the document everying is related to amrit sanchar.

The above line from the Rehitnama pertains to the ones doing Seva in Punj. The tense in the line is present continuous and cannot mean that one should not take Amrit from ones who have not taken Amrit because taking Amrit is a one time thing not a continuous or regular thing that we do everyday e.g. eating food. The meaning of this line is very clear - the ones doing Seva in Punj should not be eating from such person who has not taken Pahul. It is a clear Hukam of Bibek.

The document is a good piece of Rehit and has some very good points but there are some serious inconsistencies in it too. The Maryada of making Amrit is not in line with Puratan Maryada because only one of the Punj Pyara - the last Gurmukh - recites all 5 Baanis as opposed to one Baani by each of the Punj Pyara. The first 4 Punj Pyare are to do Savaiye and then the last Punj Pyara does all 5 Baanis. This is not correct Maryada. It seems likely that some Pujaaris who were doing Seva in Punj probably did not have 5 Baaniya Kanth and for this reason only one of the Punj Pyaara is being asked to do all 5 Baaniyaan. Since this document has been prepared by the Pujaaris of Siri Akal Takhat before it was liberated by the Akalis in 1920s, we ought to take everything written in it with a grain of salt.

Another huge error is that the documents instructs new Abhilaakhis, ones who have not even taken Amrit yet, to chant Vaheguru Naam while the Amrit is being prepared. How can they chant Naam when they have not even received Naam yet. Today Punj Pyare always instruct the new Abhilaakhis to listen to the Punj Baaniyaan recited by the Punj while preparing the Pahul.

At the end of doing Punj Baaniya, the Punj Pyare have been asked to take permission from Guru Khalsa before beginning Amrit Sinchaar. The Punj Pyare are supreme and after taking Hukamnama from Guru Sahib, they need no further permission from anyone. And, there is no one else present inside the Amrit Sinchaar Mandal from whom they would seek permission. This Hukam is not in line with Gurmat because it implies that the Amrit Sinchaar is probably prepared in front of the whole Sangat and this is why the permission of Guru Khalsa is being sought here. Amrit Sinchaar is always held in a Gupt Mandal and not in an open Mandal where anyone can come.

This document has been prepared by the Pujaaris of Siri Akal Takhat Sahib and reading this Rehitnama it is evident that the Pujaris were of greedy nature which is why they gave the Hukam to each Abhilaakhi to give certain amount of money to the Punj Pyare, certain amount to the Degh wala Singh and so on. There is no such Maryada within the Khalsa Panth whereby the Punj Pyare charge fee for giving Amrit.

Having said that, the manuscript contains some very good traditional Hukams of Guru Sahib and we ought to obey them and follow them.

Kulbir Singh
June 12, 2012 10:22PM
Upkaar Singh Wrote:
> Sukhdeep Singh Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > WaahGuroooo, what a great find! I cannot imagin
> > the power and unity the panth would be in if
> they
> > had adopted this Maryada.
> >
> > I think the following verses
> >
> > ਜਿਸ ਨੇ ਪਾਹੁਲ ਨ ਲਈ
> > ਹੋਵੇ ਉਸਕੇ ਹਾਥ ਕਾ ਨ
> > ਛਕਤ ਹੋਹਿਂ
> >
> > are referring to dont take Amrit from the hands
> of
> > those that haven taken Amrit.Either way Bibek
> diet
> > is prescribed in this maryada. There is mention
> of
> > not eating from veymukhs and those Gursikhs
> that
> > have committed a Kurehit. In the 19th century
> > there were extremely weird practices going on
> in
> > Amrit Sanchar. Bhai Randhir SIngh Ji also
> mentions
> > when he first took Amrit some unknown person
> > whispered some manmat mantar in his ear. Also
> > during this time Amrit Sanchars replaced Keski
> > with Kes as a Kakkar. Unfortunately, it seems
> like
> > the writers of this draft were not vigilant of
> > this change .
> >
> > I especially like the propragration of reciting
> > more bani. There is mention of reciting Chandi
> Di
> > Vaar daily and not even eating without reciting
> > this bani.
>
>
>
> Baba jee, what kind of a concept is this ? since
> when does anybody take amrit from some1 who doesnt
> have amrit themselves ?
> This panktee very clearly talks about parshaday
> dee saanj.
>
> You are so.......strange

If you disagree with something Sukhdeep Singh believes that is fine, no need to call him ...strange.
Bhai Kulbir Singh Jeeo,

I agree exlcuding the method of imparting Amrit, the maryada is quite good. The standards are much higher then today. You are right in saying its manmat to accept money from Abhilakhees, but its not manmat to accept money from a kureheti. The word tankhiya is a persian word meaning wage/income. In Gurmat the word means fine/monetary punishment.

Every person who takes Amrit is already required to pay a 10percent income tax on their salary ( dasvand) for the betterment of the Gurus panth. If someone commits a kurehit it directly effects the panth. The ancient Singhs new that if they were slacking in their rehni behni then the panth was directly effected. If someone committed an offense not only were they told to do more paath and seva they were also fined. Bhai Daya Singh Jis rehantama also mentions fining that those that committ a transgression. Nowadays in AmritSachar the panj rarely tell Abhilakhess their duty to donate dasvand to their panth nor they even fine those that committ any transgression. I know some kurehits cleverly go to sanchars where they know the rehat is light or the punishment is low.Nowadays if you see another Singhs committing kurehits and you try to help they say " mind your business" , "dont be nosey", "or worry about your own jeevan". The people dont understand their own Jeevan and Maryada directly effects the strength of the panth.
June 13, 2012 08:33PM
Sukhdeep Singh Jee has made some valid points. SGPC maryadha is probably the easiest of all rehets. But even SGPC maryadha supports Bibek to some extent because in it, it says to not eat Jooth from non Amritdharis in the Punjabi version. This is clearly a hint to Bibek. So it shows that even the men who drafted the easy SGPC maryadha believed in Bibek. But since there is no equivalent of the word Jooth in English they have translated the term as leftovers in the English version which we know is not the correct translation of Jooth.

You are right in saying its manmat to accept money from Abhilakhees, but its not manmat to accept money from a kureheti.

It is a Manmatt to accept money as Tankhah from Abhilaakhis or Kurehitees for personal use. In olden days or even today, a Kurehitee can be given a Tankhah that includes fine but this fine is not accepted or kept by the Punj Pyare or any single person. The fine goes to the Golak and not to an individual. This particular document prepared by the Pujaaris of Siri Akal Takhat Sahib, prior to the liberation of Siri Akal Takhat Sahib, is instructing the Abhilaakhis to give money to the Punj Pyare and other Sevadaars; this surely is Manmatt.

Kulbir Singh
yes of course fine goes to the gurus golak and not a greedy persons pocket. i was jst trying to explain the practice of fining kurehitis is not outside of gurmat and it needs to find its way back into amrit sanchars.
RSINGH
SGPC maryadha is probably the easiest of all rehets. But even SGPC maryadha supports Bibek to some extent because in it, it says to not eat Jooth from non Amritdharis in the Punjabi version. This is clearly a hint to Bibek. So it shows that even the men who drafted the easy SGPC maryadha believed in Bibek. But since there is no equivalent of the word Jooth in English they have translated the term as leftovers in the English version which we know is not the correct translation of Jooth.

RSINGH Jeeo, I agree Im sure panthic maryada uses the term jhooth in relation to dietary bibek. Jathedar Gurbachan Singh Ji should make a statement to clarfiy the matter.

Even when one reads the writings of Sant Kartar SIngh Ji and Giani Gurbachan Singh Ji Khalsa one can notice the term Jhoot is referring to dietary bibek. Both of them including Sant Jarnail Singh kept bibek diet. Sant Kartar Singh Ji has even given a wonderful sakhi from Suraj Parkaash explaining how Guru Ji would not eat from the nigrura Dayal Dass because he did not take Amrit, nor did Guru Ji do bhog on his " langar". Despite previous jathedars following bibek diet todays modern day taksalis shy away from this rehat. Only a few keep bibek, while most of those that dont act as learned gianis despite not even following a basic rehat like Bibek.

ਸਚੁ ਕਰਣੀ ਸਚੁ ਤਾ ਕੀ ਰਹਤ ॥
ਸਚੁ ਹਿਰਦੈ ਸਤਿ ਮੁਖਿ ਕਹਤ ॥
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login