ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kakars To Keep Before Amrit Chak.

Posted by jaskirat 
Daas wish to do this humble Benti before Sangat and wish to learn that what Kakars are allowed to keep before Amrit Chak since childhood. Means suppose if person is planning to take Amrit Chak at age of 10 or 15 or 20 or at later stage then what Kakars are allowed since childhood.

1. The person born in Sikh Family will by default have his/her Kesh kept.

2. Obviously keeping Kesh means that person can keep Kangha.
Here Daas wish to learn that if the baby's Kesh has not grown enough to make Juda (Hair Lock) then can still the Kangha be kept attached in some form like putting in Shirt's Pocket etc ????

3. The person can wear Kachera too because why wear other alternatives.

4. The person wear Kara since childhood.

5. Finally the question ends up on keeping Kripaan without Amrit Chak. Daas is puzzled on this confused smiley

So, what Kakars are allowed to keep. Does the Daas's illustration/reasoning makes sense.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
1. Hey man, you can't come on GB forum and miss out the first and most obvious Kakkar - Keski!

smiling smiley
Amritvela Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 1. Hey man, you can't come on GB. forum and miss
> out the first and most obvious Kakkar - Keski!
>
> smiling smiley

Yes Amritvela Jeeo ageed Keski too included and along with Bana and others Kakkar as well. Inspite of getting the question correct you did not answered the Daas's query eye rolling smiley

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

Daas is a Sehajdhari, and with Waheguru's Kirpa, is hoping to take Amrit and be blessed with a Gursikhi Jivan.

Daas maintains all Kakaar's except Kirpan. I personally feel that it would be dishonourable to keep a Kirpan without having taken Amrit, and though one could argue the same for all Kakaars, I believe there is an inherent responsibility involved in keeping a Kirpan.

On a side note - I was having difficultly understanding some Gurbani arths and concepts, and a Gursikh advised that whenever I do Paat to always keep all Kakaars with me (incl. Kirpan), have faith, and Guru Sahib will reveal all.

I believe Bhai Kahn Singh Nabha defined a Sehajdhari as typically a Sikh who keeps all rehats except that of Kacchera and Kirpan.

I feel a Kangha should always be kept within the Kes and Keski. A Kacchera can be worn at any time, but if one is looking for an "appropriate" time (akin to a person being able to tie their own Kes and Keski) then I guess the "latest" time would be at Puberty?

Bhul Chuk Maaf,

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login