ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gurmat Stores In Toronto Area

Posted by g singh 
Are there any gurmat stores in toronto that sell kakkars? I wanted to purchase a sarbloh kirpan but they are very expensive online, if singhs could help me find some good places that would be great. I know of sacha sauda and have been there many times, but its hard to find sarbloh kirpans there (or im very bad at looking, im going again soon though so i will check). Also, i'm not sure but don't any gurdwaras sell kirpans? Thank you khalsa jee.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Vjkk Vjkf veerjee,

Sacha Sauda and gurfateh sevaa center are the two big ones, although every gurduwara in Toronto has a little store in them that sells kakaars.

Binodh Singh
Thank you Binodh Singh Jee, ill check the gurfateh seva center and every gurdwara i can find haha. Do sacha sauda and gurfateh also sell chola and hazooriya? Or is there a clothing shop where you can get chola made (i was looking for navy blue kapra but its hard to find). Thank you veerjee.
Sacha sauda does sell chola, my brother got one from them, and it was pretty good, they are all ready made of course. shoudn't be a problem checking gurduwaras, you're going to go to a bunch of gurduwara's when you come over for the samagam week. and the above mentions stores do sell hazooria's, but not ones i think you would use, they have designs on them, for hazooria's, you can go to any cloth house, and get them to cut you a white cloth, of your choice and length. same with dastars.

Binodh Singh
That's not Gagan Singh Vancouver Valay Baba Binodh Singh. His ID is "gsingh" not "g singh"
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
When and which Gurdwara is smagam
usually held, please?
Do they do Amrit Sanchar during Smagam?
Also, do we have to prepare by ensuring we
have done all of Gurbani path, please?
If I miss amritvela after taking Amrit, do I have
to take Amrit again?
If circumstances does not allow me to stay
away from those who live totally against
Sikhi, but are Sikhs, would I be dishonoring
Guru Sahib, and His Hukam for Amritdhari?
My apologies for going offtrack, but kirpan, and
bana seem to imply Khandey Batey Ki Pahul
preparation blessing?
bhul chuk muaf
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
Sorry for the username confusion veers, I would change it if i knew how. Thanks for the help though, can't wait to wear true khalsa bana.

Ks veerjee, the rainsabayee keertan is on july 7 at dixie gurdwara sahib and there will be amrit sanchar in side room. The full smagam is the week of June 29 to July 8. All of the information is on akj.org website under programs (then click toronto.) I'm sure other singhs can answer the other questions better than me but i don't think you have to take amrit again for missing amritvela. I'm not sure what you mean by all of gurbani paath. And i don't think you would be doing wrong by staying in the same area, but maybe try to avoid such people as much as possible.

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Jee Ki Fateh
KS jee,

The requirement for someone who wants to take Amrit is that they be willing to do everything Guru Sahib asks of them at the Amrit Sanchar. There have been cases of people who had never done even Panj Banian before and after Amrit Sanchar have done more than Panj Banian every single day. We can never be ready for Amrit, only Guru Sahib can decide that for us.

This being said, the minimum for anyone who wants to take Amrit is that they come to the Amrit Sanchar with unshorn kes, wearing Guru Sahib's bana including Panj Kakaars and be ready to follow Guru Sahib's hukam. The minimum banian for a Gursikh are Jap jee Sahib, Jaap Sahib, Savayeai, Chaupai, Anand Sahib (all done during Amritvela), Rehraas Sahib in evening, and Sohila Sahib before sleeping. Even if you have never done any paath before, as long as you will be able to do the aforementioned banian every day after taking Amrit then you are eligible to take Amrit.

You do not have to pesh for missing Amritvela, you can do ardaas for muaafi by yourself to Guru Sahib.

There is no requirement that you live only with Gursikhs. If your circumstance forces you to stay with manmukhs then it is okay. Gursikhs are to keep company of other Gursikhs as much as possible and only keep our association with Gursikhs, but don't have to "run away" from manmukhs either.

Preetam Singh
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,
Thanks so much G Singhji, and Preetam Singhji.
I know Guruji has given Hukam to me to take
Amrit, and be amongst Sat Sangat within since in
my situation, impossible to be amongst without.
I assume Gurujio will take care of obstacles without
who will remind me I am overdoing it? But maybe they
will be inspired if see the positive outcome in me? Waheguru?
Bhul chuk muaf
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login