ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Steoroids? Hurry up PLease jiwan khatre vich hai!

Posted by gurus babiha 
Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!
Sangat jeo
Daas has asthma problems since childhood due to the cold canadian winter, currently i have a asthma attack and doctor is giving me steroids!
Is it considred to be a bujer kurehat if i consume it? She said my lungs are kamzor!
please reply as soon as you read
i have 2hours!
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
You are allowed to use the medication for health purposes. It is not something that needs to have peshi.

Preetam Singh
Thankyou bhai Preetam Singh jeo, i really got concerned about this issue i was facing!
May god bless you!
Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh
Gurus babiha jee,

Last night because of the urgency of the issue I was not able to properly respond to your question and had to just tell you that you can use the medication. Within Gurmat there is no ban on the use of medications and medical procedures for those that wish to use them but I would like to take this opportunity to advise you to take a full fight against this disease rather than only using the medications.

Worldly medications do not always work and most of the time are only there to treat the symptoms of the disease rather than the disease itself. Within Gurmat while there is no ban on taking worldly medicine, there is another medicine that Guru Sahib provides too us. Why would we need to rely on the medicine of agyanis when we have the best medicine of all, Gurmat Naam?

The only way to actually get rid of this asthma once and for all is to take refuge in Guru Sahib's sharan and do Abhiyaas of Naam and Bani for this purpose. Our main goal at all times while doing bhagti is to get Darshan, but things like deh arogta are essential in our jeevan in order to do bhagti. For this reason it is advisable for you to also do certain paaths or naam abhiyaas for the riddance of this disease it self.

You do not have to stop using medications, but for a Gursikh the only aasra can be Guru Sahib. Make haste in destroying this disease with Gurmat Naam and experience the kushian of Guru Sahib.

Preetam Singh
VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

"Steroids" are not all the same. There are anabolic steroids used (abused) by people to gain muscle mass etc - these mimic androgenic ("male") hormones like testosterone and dihydrotestosterone that cause muscle mass build-up.

Inhaled (cortico)steroids are not the same (for asthma), nor are nasal (for allergies) or topical corticosteroids (for bug bite/rash/eczema etc.). They are medications designed to reduce inflammation so you can breathe easier, not have allergic symptoms or skin irriration. They do not have the same effect as anabolic steroids and not considered abusable.
my mother had chronic asthma (which was wrongly diagnosed by first physician, which last doctor in singapore says was actually minor pneumonia who supported my sister's decision to sponsor mother to usa, as medical care here more advanced?
usa doctor perscribed steroids for my mother, who gained weight, became more dependent on medications, although she seemed to not be tired, gasping for air all the time, she was actually shortening her life..did not survive even 5 years in usa.
asthma worsens with stress, carpeting, dust, animal dander, food...i had a book by reader's digest about natural healing, that states even eating bread (store bought) causes attacks...which provides very effective tips on food to avoid, and food to increase for all illnesses...tried googling for tips but all in support of drugs, steroids...maya greed...leading to decline of body's natural immunity...NAAM AND INTELLIGENCE FROM GURUJIO...to know what triggers your attacks, by keeping a record of what and when...then pinpoint causes for attacks, avoid, heal...as i did my severe sinus migraines...only green tea is needed now...when that does not work; SUKHMANI SAHIB PATH HEALS/ UPLIFTS...
do like Preetam Singhjio says, and be like me, Naam, and ardas to Gurujio to heal me, keep me healthy (including healthy living including home/ personal hygiene, simple living, no high expectations...avoid status hungry crowds even at Gurdwara, friends with Gurujio only within), as no one else cares for me as much as HE DOES...also all that we have (including illnesses..)is His gift to test our barosa in His Naam and Power to take back/ remove...obstacles..here is proof from this forum post of Bhai Kulbir Singhjio about POWER OF NAAM WITH BAROSA...
Kulbir Singh [ PM ]
Re: Bhai Raghbir Singh Bir
February 16, 2012 08:07AM

Sardar Raghbir Singh Bir was a Sikh businessman who used to live in Calcutta (Bengal). His family was originally from Lahore and his father Sardar Lehna Singh also was a very good Gurmukh. At first Bir jee got interested in Sikhi and he wrote the famous book Bandaginama on his spiritual experiences. In this book he writes that he used to dye and tie his beard, even though he knew it was a wrong practice. He did so at the order of his father who was not a religious person at that time.

Later on, when his father Sardar Lehna Singh got infected with many diseases including arthritis, he took up Sikhi to cure himself. He did so much Abhyaas of Gurbani and Naam that within a very short period he became perfectly healthy. Till his last breath, at the age of 85, he maintained the body of a 25 years old youth. He wrote a wonderful book on his experiences and is called Gurmukh Jeevan. He was a fanatic as far as not using worldly medicine is concerned. He considered himself as pure Atma and conducted his business as such. Once, he hurt his foot and he did all things opposite to what doctor suggested. He did not tie his foot with a bandage and deliberately exposed it to water (as opposed to doctor's advice) and still got healed. First of all he never got sick but if he ever did, he used to conduct his business as usual and ate normal as well. He totally used to reject the notion of disease because he believed that a disease cannot occur to Atma.

Once, Bir jee and Sardar jee (Lehna Singh jee) started talking about the Atma saroop of the Jeev. Bir jee questioned that if we were truly Atma, then why was there a need to sleep. At this Sardar jee agreed and then proved it by not sleeping for many days, and still not feeling any tiredness or fatigue. He used to do his regular work all day, and at night would come to the bedside of his son and all night do Naam Abhyaas.

Once a thought came to his mind that why should he use the mosquito net for protection from mosquitoes. He argued that the mosquitoes contained the same Parmatma Vaheguru as all of us and as such they should not bite him and hurt him. So he removed the net and also removed his shirt and slept with kachera only. The next morning his body was so badly bitten by the mosquitoes that there was not a part on his body that was unhurt. Sardar jee laughed it off saying that the reason why mosquitoes had hurt him was that he had some hidden hatred and negative feeling for them. Then he did Naam Abhyaas all day and kept affirming again and again that the mosquitoes were a roop of Vaheguru and that Vaheguru jee could not hurt him. Within couple of days, the mosquitoes stopped biting him at all and then all his life he never slept with mosquito net and he never got hurt by mosquitoes.

Sardar Raghbir Singh Bir wrote some excellent books which include the following titles:

Sarb Rog ka Aukhand Naam - This books talks about curing oneself through Naam and Gurbani.
Chardi Kala - This book contains chosen articles that bring Chardi Kala to one's life.
Safal Jeevan - This books talks about how to have a successful live - both worldly and spiritual.
Ramzi Kahaniyaan - This book contains some fictitious stories that are full of spirituality and spiritual secrets. A must read for serious seekers.
Ardaas Shakti - This book talks about the concept of Ardaas in Sikhi and how to do such an Ardaas that gets heard by Vaheguru jee.

Bir jee writes of his experience after stopping to dye and tie his beard. He writes how he started getting treated differently everywhere he went. If he would be standing in a queue, he would get moved to the top because of his appearance etc.

It is a good idea to read his books.

Kulbir Singh
My brothers friend had asthma when he was 13-14, and his doctor told him to run everyday. He did it evryday before coming to school and that cured him naturally. And also, the saas giraas system of doing Naam Abiyaas really gets your lungs involved, making them stronger. smiling smiley
Opium is as said here by many, is immediate cure of heart attack. So can it be used in such extreme cases?(not on daily basis)
probably a selling tactic for opium peddlers?
May be not.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login