ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Khalsa Vidhaan - 2 Extracts thumbs up

Posted by Vista 
Khalsa Vidhaan - 2 Extracts thumbs up
April 24, 2012 10:08AM
Two refreshing extracts from Bhai Kaur Singh jee's Khalsa Vidhaan. Translated by Veer R.Singh jee.

Our Duty to the World

No matter what religion or social status someone belongs to, they can be blessed with Khande Dee Paahul (Amrit) and be given acceptance into the Guru house. There is no strict rule against this. We are nothing like the Brahmans, who restrict the Shoodras and other people from reading the prayers of the Vedaas. Also, no one must be forced into Sikhi, the Muslims are well know to label others as Kaafirs or non-believers. They believe it to be their duty to scare others and force them to embrace Islam. No one should be bought into religion through trickery and deceit, like the Christians do.

Sikhs believe in the following Gurbaanee line – “Ek Pitaa Eks Ke Hm Baarik” and help everyone regardless of their religion. It is their moral duty to do so. Just like Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib sacrificed his head for the Hindu religion. The Singh warriors fought many battles against the Mughals, they rescued and sent home many Hindu Girls they had snatched. Any person can receive food, clothes and any other help they may need at any Gurdwara in the world. We can help the world in this true and righteous way.

The Tegh [sword]

Our own mind pushes us about, it gives us the wrong advice and pushes us into the darkness. Whatever seems difficult to the mind is replaced with something relatively easier, thus the soul is shut up. In the ardas every day we pray 'Keep our mind humble and our principles high' [Man Neevaa(n), Matt Uchee].

We tell ourselves, we are Amritdhari, we have become the Gurus Sikhs, what point is there in keeping this Rehat? I will only keep as much Rehat as I feel like. Its not like my Amrit will break and I will have to retake it! The Panj Piare (5 beloved ones) did not scrutinize me in any way. Such excuses are also thought up for the Tegh (Sword). We cunningly say we contemplate the Tegh in the Ardas, so what need is there in wearing it? Tommorow we will say the Panj Kakaar are also mentioned in the Ardas, there is no need for them also.

If we want to get somewhere then we must have control over this Donkey like mind. It has restrained us enough through many lifetimes, it is about time we grabbed it and gave it a good shaking.

How are we to stop this mind going its own way?

When the seed of Gods Name is sown, then is the time to stop it. Whatever this mind says, do not believe it, unless you are certain that it is correct. There are certain aspects of our Rehat that we must follow in order to keep ourselves steadfast; the mind will always try to show it self right in these situations. The Kacherra should be first put on the right leg not the left, When tying a Dastar the Lar should not be left at the back, We should comb our hair twice a day using the Kangha (wooden comb), After washing our hair we must use oil and only then are we allowed to eat, We are never to go out and about without our head covered or without the Panj Kakar, After Nitnem one should always do Ardas, Do not eat before doing Darshan of Guru Granth Sahib; if you meet a Tyaar-Br-Tyaar Singh you should be the first one to greet him. It is these Rehats that we do not pay much attention to. It is for this reason we are become weak spiritually. It is for this reason we must first accept these minor Rehats and then we can keep bigger Rehats, although having said this, we cannot have one Rehat without the other.

Kalgeedhar Guru Gobind Singh Ji has showed the qualities of the Tegh (sword) in his pure Vaak:

Tribanghee Chand||
Khag Khand Binhandan, Khal Dhal Khandan, Ath RaN Mandan, Barbandan||
Bhujdand Akhandan, Tej Prchandan, Jot Amandan, Bhaan Prbhan||
Sukh Santaa KarnaN Durmat DarnaN, Kilbikh HarnaN As SarnaN||
Jai Jai Jag KaaraN Shrist UbaaraN, Mam PrtipaaraN Jai Teghn||

Meaning:- The sword is good for bringing justice to fools (Moorakhs). It gives honour to the warrior in battle, it shines like the Sun. It makes the enemies of the Saints flee and gives them peace. It saves the world from evil, there is no equivalent to its glory, it protects me. The Guru whos hukam it is to meditate on the name, read Gurbani and listen to Keertan; it is the same Gurus hukam to become Teghdhari. We follow the nine Gurus hukams but forget about the tenth, or we see certain Gurus higher than others. This is blasphemous. Gurbani is the king, Shastar (weapons) are also kings or else their glory would not have been written about in Gurbani:- "As Kirpaan Khando KhaRag Tupak Tabar Ar Teer|| Saif Sarohee, Saithee Yahai Hamaarai Peer||". We respect Bani, we respect Keertan; likewise we should bear arms and give the same amount of respect to Shastar. Bani and Banaa (Shastar, Tegh), both are necessary. There is one command for Singhs and Singhnis alike. When the British banned the wearing of weapons in Panjab the Panth lead a struggle (Morcha), the Panth filled the Jails and eventually the ban was lifted. What was the point, when we are not going to become Teghdhari? The whole Panth should become Teghdhari. It is most necessary. To bear arms is the command of the Guru, then we will get the blessings of the Guru.

Punn Sangh Saare Prabhoo Jee Sunaaee, Binaa Teghh Teer Raho Naah Bhaee||
Binaa Shastar Kesan Nar Bhed Jaano, Gahai Kaan Taa Ko Kitai Lai Sidhaano||
Ih Mor Aagiaa Suno He Piaare, Binaa Tegh Kesan Divo Na Deedaare||
Ihai Mor Bainaa Mananai Su Joee, Tisai Ish Pooree Sabhai Jaan Hoee||
(Bhai Sukha Singh Krith Gur Bilas)

Then Prabhu jee (Guru jee) addressed the sangat (sangh): Don’t stay without sword and Teer (arrow).

Without Shasters (weapons) and unshorn Hair, consider an individual as a lamb; whoever pleases can get hold of the lamb by the ear and take it his way.

This is my order (aagiaa, hukam), listen O beloved ones, don’t give me your darshan (don’t appear before me) without the sword and Kesh.

This is my Bachan (bainaa), obey it; all your wishes will come true.

Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Vaaheguru!
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login