ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

'Singapore Noodles' are good for Naam Abhyaas...

Posted by Kulbir Singh 
Recently as per Bhaana of Vaheguru jee, I experienced some health related woes. Situation got out of hand and I ended up being in an hospital for few days. Guru Sahib did Kirpa and the difficult medical condition has been resolved and I am back home. My sincere and deepest Dhanvaad (thank you) to all Gursikh brothers, sisters, sons, daughters and seniors who did many Paaths and Ardaas for my recovery. Even before this, I was a slave of all Gursikhs but now I am specially indebted to all Gursikhs and wish that I forever remain their Feet's humblest dust.

My introduction to the term ‘Singapore Noodles’ occurred at the hospital, when I was shifted from intensive care unit to normal ward. In this ward, I had to share room with another patient. He was a young man who was suffering from some terrible disease. Soon after arriving there, I heard his mother telling him, “if you listen to me, I will make sure that you get Singapore Noodles”.

“Really mommy? I can’t wait to get my hands on Singapore Noodles”, he exclaimed in an exciting voice.

I wondered for the first time what Singapore Noodles were and why he was so excited about them. I was imagining how Singapore Noodles would taste like and how this dish would look like. I have tried regular noodles and Shrimati jee makes very tasty noodles.

The subject of Singapore noodles came up again for a few times and this way the afternoon of next day arrived. Around 4 PM, the patient received a call from his friend who had just left work. The speaker of the phone was on and the caller asked, “So are you ready for the big day? Are you ready for Singapore Noodles?

“Yes”, this is all the patient could say. I think he was too excited.

“What time would you like to have them?”

“I want them for supper”, he replied slowly, trying to conceal his excitement.

Soon they hung up and I heard the patient say, “I love you God!”

By now, I too got affected with the ‘Singapore Noodle Fever’ and asked Shrimati jee for them. She said that she never heard of them. I asked her to google them and let me see an image of the noodles. I saw a few images on my Galaxy (remember that Galaxy phone is way better than iphone) phone. The images of the dish looked pretty sumptuous. I started feeling water under my tongue and asked Shrimati jee to find out the recipe to make noodles at home. We make regular noodles at home from scratch and I am sure my wife can make even a Sarblohi Bibeki nuclear bomb, so making them was not an issue at all.

In the meantime, it was soon evening time and the patient’s friend arrived with Singapore Noodles. He brought enough for at least 3 persons because he knew that the patient had great appetite for them. The first thing the patient did when he smelled the Singapore Noodles was exclaim a loud “God”. I knew right away that Singapore Noodles must be a divine dish because it made the patient think of Vaheguru. By now, Simran started within me too, with full vigour. This convinced me that this dish has full approval of Guru Sahib. winking smiley

Most people, when they are hungry, and get their favourite dish, jump on the dish and start eating it with haste. Soon they overeat the dish and then they upset their stomach. They enjoy the dish only for first few minutes and then it’s just filling their stomach but our patient friend was different. First of all, he did not eat anything for the whole day since he was expecting his favourite dish to come. He had it all diligently planned out. His friend divided all the noodles in 5 or 6 equal parts. Each of his dish was accompanied with his favourite drink – Pepsi. He had planned to eat out the Singapore Noodles in equal parts, throughout the night.

He first ate his first segment of Singapore Noodles at 8pm. He was eating slowly while enjoying each and every bit of it. He remembered God umpteen times while eating. I ate my humble food which consisted of beans soup and some rice and did my Sohila and went to sleep. I was awakened around 11 pm when I heard him calling the nurse. He asked her take second plate of his Singapore Noodles, heat it in microwave for 1.5 minutes and bring it back. Then around 2 am, when I had awakened for Nitnem and Simran, I heard him call the nurse again and she repeated the previous tasks again. This way the patient ate Singapore Noodles all night till about 6am. And he appreciated them so much that it was amazing. He thanked God, God knows how many times. What a unique way of eating your favourite dish. He wanted to prolong the joy of eating his favourite dish and he did exactly that.

I learned the following spiritual lessons from this incident:

1. We should have love for Naam Abhyaas like the patient loved Singapore Noodles.
2. Eat your Naam-roopi food consistently all night. Don’t just do vigorous Naam Abhyaas for 10-15 minutes before sleeping and then just forget about it. Spread the love and Naam Abhyaas throughout the night and keep Japping all night.
3. Appreciate the Daats (gifts) of Vaheguru like the patient was thanking God for Singapore Noodles. We don’t appreciate what we have and take everything for granted. We must thank Vaheguru jee for all his Daats, by engaging in Naam and Gurbani.
4. Singapore Noodles and good for your spiritual health and my Shrimati jee has promised to make me these noodles very soon.

Bhul Chuk dee Muafi jee.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Vaheguroooo. This might be your best article yet, Bhai Sahib.
It's so nice to finally read a post from you. smiling smiley
Kulbir Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
We make regular noodles at home from scratch and I am sure my wife can make even a Sarblohi Bibeki nuclear bomb, so making them was not an issue at all.

haha

Vaheguroo smiling smiley smiling smiley ..Bhai Saahib it is great to have you back and healthy!! I think each one of us missed your presence greatly on the forum. And as always Thank You for sharing such a great experience you had while in hospital. It is a great reminder that we must be thankful of Guroo Saahib to give us many things that we overlook in our everyday life, even if they are what we think, very small things like oxygen, water, and other necessities that are often free.

Now even I want to taste Singapore Noodles!! tongue sticking out smiley
hahaha! Great to hear you are feeling better Kulbir Singh Ji, I noticed you had stopped posting on this forum for a while and was wondering when you would return!
I think I might need to try some Singapore Noodles thumbs up
Please keep on your word about the nuclear bomb during Khalsa Raj Bhai Sahib. A Sarblohee Nuclear bomb will definitely be needed then
Wahegurroooo

It is brilliant to have you back Bhai sahib, the whole forum sangat had been missing you smiling smiley
Veer Kulbir SIngh Ji , nice to know you are back in good health! May Guru Ji keep you in good health so you can continue with his seva.
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh Veer Kulbir Singhjio smiling smiley
Dhan dhan Wahegurujio that He restored your good health. What was your ailment, if you don't mind me asking, just ignore if it is too private to discuss. No wonder I have been missing the silver darshan for awhile when I come on this forum, Gurujio's Mitar Pyarey was ill.
I am from Singapore, and the Singapore noodle where I am now (usa), is nothing like what we have in Singapore, but tastes good, contains many meat ingredients (when I was a meat eater), and vermicelli noodles, curry powder, and Chinese vegetables (like saag), stir fried, but which I no longer consume, in preparation for taking Amrit.
Here is a link of the many varieties of Singapore noodle, and I am not sure what kind is available in Canada, though Singapore Sikh friends in Canada informed that many Singapore dishes available there>
[www.bing.com]
Waheguru rakha and restore His beloved to good, and strong health, immune to any ailments Veerjio smiling smiley
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
My very useful remedy always has been> green tea with lemon juice squeezed in it (in cup of 2+ mins microwaved warm water, and no sugar). Lately, I have been adding salt, yogurt, and pepper to drink, due to gum disease (salt and pepper, I discovered from this forum was used by Bhai Rama Singhjio for His teeth cleaning).
Vaheguroo, welcome back bhai sahib jeee smiling smiley

Kulbir Singh Wrote:

> By now, I too got affected with the ‘Singapore
> Noodle Fever’ and asked Shrimati jee for them.
> She said that she never heard of them. I asked her
> to google them and let me see an image of the
> noodles. I saw a few images on my Galaxy (remember
> that Galaxy phone is way better than iphone)

Vaaaah Bhai Sahib Jee Vaaaah

I just upgraded to ice cream sandwich, it's dhan dhan dhan!

iPhone's raaj is history.

Stay in chardee kala jee
Welcome back jeeo, glad to hear you are better, your absence from the forum was felt very much!

funny article
Welcome back Bhai Kulbir Singh ji smiling bouncing smiley . tuhade ton bina forum ਸੁੰਨਾ ਸੁੰਨਾ lagda c cool smiley
[www.singhnee.com]

smiling smiley
vaheguroo jee kaa khalsa, vaheguroo jee kee fateh!

my first post after so long... hope you're feeling better bhai sahib. hope you find the recipe link above useful. smiling smiley
Don't post here very much but I am a regular reader. Glad to have you back Bhai Sahib, and glad you are feeling better with Satguru ji's apaar kirpa!
Great article, although I must contest the superiority of the iPhone over Android grinning smiley
When I read about BHai Sahibs experience at the hospital with the sick boy who kept repeating Gods name it reminded me of BHai Sujjan Singh Jis sakhi. I will try to narrarate the sakhi. Its been awhile since I have read the full sakhi so I might miss some things.

SInghs Medicine Cure for all Diseases.

Bhai SUjjan CHand was a Hindu from Lahore. By profession he was a doctar and financially well off. But in regards to spirituality he was bankrupt. As a doctar the days would pass by but still there was no spiritual peace within his soul. This hunger for peace tormented Sujjan Chand night and day.

One night while Sujjan Chand was sleeping he experienced a dream where a voice spoke to him. The inner voice said

" Sujjan CHand why are you delaying your destiny. You are very far from your spritual destiny. Why are you waiting so long to fullfill your spiritual destiny?"

A couple of days passed, and Sujjan Chand met with one of his friends who was a poet. The two started chatting and they started discussing how the Muslims do not respect Hindu poets while the Hindus do not respect Muslim poets. THe poet then said I have a desire to to the city of bliss ( Sri Anand pur Sahib) . He said,

" In this city sits Sri Guru Gobind SIngh Ji . He has recieved Gurgaddi from Sri Guru Nanak Sahib Ji. He does not discriminate between Hindu and Muslims. Like the ancient Kings he gives poets lots of love". The famous poet Sanipat resides with him. I would like to have his vision. Many tormented, and painful people who have received his vision have become full of peace after receiving his vision ( darshan) .

After hearing the greatness of GUru Ji . Sujjans heart felt a strong pull towards Guru Ji. He told his poetic friend that he has a spritual first and he too would like to have darshan of a Mahapursh. Sujjan CHand then closed his medicine shop in Lahore and the two decided to go together and and have GUru Jis darshan at Sri ANandpur Sahib.

WHen they reached Sri ANandpur Sahib they saw the King of Kings sitting on his throne and full with awe they became speechless. Their hearts become full of spritual peace just by a simple glance of Guru Jis sargun Darshan. WHen Sujjan CHand matha tekhed to GUru Jis charan he felt the sins of previous births being eradicated. The inner voice which appeared in his dream spoke again
" He is the one you are searching for, and he is the one who wil give you the gift of life"

Sujjan CHand then rose from Guru Jis charan and humbly begged GUru Ji for his mercy. Sujjan cried out " I am hungry and in pain would you please bless me?"

GUru Ji replied only through the GUrus Nirgun Darshan can the soul experience peace. Only through serving the sangat can darshan be obtained. GOd resides in the sangat. Sujjan CHand was highly educated, he read many books; however, in terms of Gurmat he was completely ignorant. He could not properly understand Guru Jis message and replied I have come for you alone please bless me. He did not understand the fruit of serving "poor sangat".

Guru Ji then said go and leave this city and serve those who are in pain. Quickly go and serve those painful souls who are in need. He gave the bachan three times, but Sujjan CHand could not comprehend GUru Jis hukum. His mann ( mind) was still keeping him from leaving everything in Guru Jis hands. He asked where should I go, where am In needed? Guru Ji replied your soul knows where you need to go . Go where your soul directs you to go. Listen to the voice of your soul. Get up and go.

In a rush to go Sujjan CHand left without putting on his shoes. As night fell he was travelling and accidentaly stepped on a bush of throns, and fell down. As he was falling down he recited the WaaheGuru". He fell down and then became unconscious. A women from the village saw Sujjan fall down and ran for his assistance. SHe then cried for further assistance by asking the men of the village to help out. The men served Sujjan SIngh they put him on a bed and wiped his bloody feet with warm water. Sujjan Chand then woke up out of his unconscience state and looked at the men and women and replied " DHan Kalgiaa vala Pita ( Blessed is Sri Guru GObind SIngh JI) "

The leader of the village asked Sujjan where are you going. Sujjan replied " My mind is telling me to stay here. I am a doctar and I am here to serve those who have diseases. I wont charge any fees Im just here to serve. A lady in pain apporached Sujjan CHand and said please give me a remedy that will cure my pain.

Sujjan CHand said your pain will disappear as soon as you eat this food and say the words DHan GUru Kalgidhar Paatshah. The lady took the advice and she was cured of her disease. Many years passed by and Sujjan Chand continued his seva of serving those in pain. His remedy was always the same recite the words Dhan GUru Kalgidar Paatshah while eating or drinking.

Engaged in his service he completely forgot about his parents and children in Lahore. Throughout the night he would recite WaaheGuru WaaheGuru. The neigboring village had a well in which the sick would go to get water. The people from the village would see the sick drink water and utter the words DHan GUru Kalgidhar Paatshah while drinking the water. SImilar to the boy saying thank you God everyime he would munch on the Singapore noodles.

Tourist came to ANandpur Sahib and narrated the rare behavior of the village to GUru Ji. They also mentioned there is a man there who does lots of seva and says DHan GUru Kalgidhar Paatshah to whomever he sees. Guru Ji then decided to leave Anandpur Sahib and pay Sujjan CHand a visit. When SUjjan Chand heard the news he was in wonder. THe day Guru Ji arrived at a nearby village. Sujjan Chand was busy helping the sick. He thought should I go for Guru Jis darshan or should I obey Guru Jis hukum and continue serving the sick. After years of service he finally understood the value of Guru Jis Hukum. He decided to say and serve the sick after listening to the voice of his soul. His soul said "its GUru Jis hukum to serve the sick. His darshan is in serving the people" . GUru Ji then gave his darshan and Sujjan Chand fell to GUru Jis sweet charan. He said blessed is my fortune you have come to a poor mans house and given this poor man your vision. Guru Ji was very pleased with his service and said

"You now now the SIkhi of GUru Nanak Dev jI. Serving the poor is SIkhi. Get up and lets to to ANandpur Sahib. We have come to get you. "

When going to ANandpur Sahib , Sujjan Chand was blessed with the gift of AMrit. His name changed to Sujjan SIngh. He then sent for his family in Lahore and they too took AMrit.

Morals of the Story:
1.GUru Jis darshan is in the sangat.
2. THe disease that keeps us from Guru Jis blessing is Ego, by serving the poor ( humble) the disease of pride goes away.
3. THe cure to all diseases is praise of GUru Ji
4. Our atma is in tune with GUru Jis hukum. We should always rely on the voice of our atma insteaf of the voice of our own mind.
5. Nobody is more merciful and kinder then Nasro Mansoor Guru Gobind SIngh JEEEEEEEEEE!

DHan GUru Kalgidhar Paatshah
DHan GUru Kalgidhar Paatshah!!
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Veerjio welcome back... Shukar Guru sahib da jina ne kirpa karke aap ji nu tandrusti bakhshi.
Dhan Dhan Wahegurujio!
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,
DHan GUru Kalgidhar Paatshah!!
Dhan Dhan Wahegurujio!
For Bhai Kulbir Singhjio's recovery, good health, humor, and Bhai Sukhdeep Singhjio's Gyani post!smiling smiley
Bhai Kulbir Singh Jeeo - great to have you back, eagerly await your input to some threads outstanding here - didn't know you was that ill - may Guru Sahib bless sareer aroghata.

Bhai Sukhdeep Singh Jeeo - can't thank you enough for that post.
1kaur Wrote:
> vaheguroo jee kaa khalsa, vaheguroo jee kee fateh!
>
>
> my first post after so long... hope you're
> feeling better bhai sahib. hope you find the
> recipe link above useful. smiling smiley

You were greatly missed too bhenjee.

Let it not be your last.
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh 1kaur,
I will be using the recipe too, Dhan Dhan Wahegurujio, and 1kaur smiling smiley Very easy to follow recipe, AMAZINGLY DILIGENT, AND HELPFUL; RECIPE ON VERMICELLI, ETC INGREDIENTS MAKING TOO smiling smiley what I appreciate very much, making from scratch.
How is the issue with the Austin Gurdwara bhenji, and are you still in Texas (know from akj forum)?
Relieved to learn about your return to good health!
Nice to hear you are back and in action again, Bhai Sahib. Guru Sahib lambiyaan umraan bakhshan tuhaanu smiling smiley
Shukkar kar rehe ha SatGuru ji da!
Good to see you writing Veerji.

I wonder if you could have tempted him to know what MASAR daal is, while you were eating it without TADKA in comparison to his Singapore Noodles. For sure he would have never gone to hospital again knowing what patients like in the Hospital smiling smiley

Vaheguru jee ka Khalsa Vaheguru jee kee fateh!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login