ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dreams

Posted by g singh 
Dreams
March 17, 2012 01:31PM
Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Jee Ki Fateh

After amritvela naam simran and nitnem, i sometimes go to sleep for a few hours to get some rest. During this time specifically i often get random dreams, sometimes desires of the inner mind unfold which definetly disturbs me and sometimes i can fight against the mind and control this. Can any gursikhs tell me why this happens or anything else? I usually get no dreams in the regular night sleep, just after amritvela. Thank you

Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Dreams
April 03, 2012 06:44AM
i also need its explanation. my dreams are such that i cant tel. but it's true that they disturb me and attract me. i had read that dreams are the release of whatever we think or demand. but i dont think so now/ for example yesterday i saw an axe at night with sharp and glittering blade with dark coloured stick handle attached to it. and at night i dreamt that i have extra physical powers that a ninja may have. what's this. any explanation possible about dreams? i've shallow knowledge. no clear ans i can give.
April 03, 2012 12:13PM
I believe dreams are a result of indulging in other than Naam, and Gurbani, during leisure, as I experience same, when I ungratefully waste precious time on jhoot, although you both experience such dreams after sewa to Guru, maybe mind/ maan was not in tune, as myself most of the time?
But when I spend my leisure, listening to kirtan wholeheartedly, beautiful blessings galore in my TRUE dream occur, gems within my human ghar wake me up (feel my fingers moving on its own, or pushing by invisible or see light between eyes), when I am too lazy, or disheartened to get up to live another day in jhoot.
Preet Kokri, about ninja axe, my daily ardas since uncessary death of beloved Bhai Jaspal Singh, is for soormey Singhs/ Singhni to have indestructible strength, and bodies to fight jhoot, wherever you all are, so I will good news about Khalsa Raj will begin to bloom everywhere!
Bhul chuk muaf.
April 03, 2012 01:39PM
take a phsycology course...........
April 03, 2012 05:36PM
who needs a psychology course Bhai Jeeo when the biggest Psychotherapist is Mahraj Dhan SGGS with us all the time:

Here is what SGGS jee mentions - read on khalsas:

The Gurbani stresses that this physical world, and all the experiences associated with it, is only a dream (“ਸੁਪਨਾ”). In other words, as repeatedly indicated in the Gurbani, it is important to realize that one’s life on earth is tantamount to a dream.

ਨਾਨਕ ਕਹਤ ਜਗਤ ਸਭ ਮਿਥਿਆ ਜਿਉ ਸੁਪਨਾ ਰੈਨਾਈ ॥੨॥੧॥: Nanak kahat jagat sabh mithiaa jiou supnaa rainaaee ||2||1||: Nanak says, the entire material world is illusion like the nightly dream ||2||1|| (sggs 1231).
Mirage seen in the desert is nothing but rising hot air, which gives the seer an illusion of water. When we see mirage as a river of water, we do not perceive the rising hot air. However, the moment we perceive the mirage to be the rising hot air, we do not see water in the mirage anymore! In other words, it is only when the division between the seer and seen is given up, we see the two as of one substance; leading to the Realization that there is only One Truth, all else is illusion – Mithiya! (ਇਹੁ ਸੰਸਾਰੁ ਸਗਲ ਹੈ ਸੁਪਨੋ ਦੇਖਿ ਕਹਾ ਲੋਭਾਵੈ ॥ ਜੋ ਉਪਜੈ ਸੋ ਸਗਲ ਬਿਨਾਸੈ ਰਹਨੁ ਨ ਕੋਊ ਪਾਵੈ ॥੧॥ ਮਿਥਿਆ ਤਨੁ ਸਾਚੋ ਕਰਿ ਮਾਨਿਓ ਇਹ ਬਿਧਿ ਆਪੁ ਬੰਧਾਵੈ ॥ ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਸੋਊ ਜਨੁ ਮੁਕਤਾ ਰਾਮ ਭਜਨ ਚਿਤੁ ਲਾਵੈ ॥੨॥੩॥: Ih Sansaar sagal hai supano …). (sggs 1231).

While in the dreaming state, the dream appears to be true to the dreamer. However, on waking he realizes that it was just a passing dream! On account of conditioned consciousness (false ego-sense or Haumai), the mirage-like phenomenal world of names and forms appears in the living entity. Each person experiences within himself whatever his desires and related fears (Vaasnaas, intoxication with Maya, etc.) has given rise to. In reality, this world appearance is nothing but a long dream, which appears to be permanent (or real) to the conditioned consciousness (Haumai or ego).

ਜੈਸੇ ਜਲ ਤੇ ਬੁਦਬੁਦਾ ਉਪਜੈ ਬਿਨਸੈ ਨੀਤ ॥ ਜਗ ਰਚਨਾ ਤੈਸੇ ਰਚੀ ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਸੁਨਿ ਮੀਤ ॥੨੫॥ ਪ੍ਰਾਨੀ ਕਛੂ ਨ ਚੇਤਈ ਮਦਿ ਮਾਇਆ ਕੈ ਅੰਧੁ: Jaise jal te bodbodaa upjai binsai neet. Jag rachnaa tesai rachee kahu Nanak sun meet ||25|| Praanee kashoo n chetaee mada Maya kai andh: Says Nanak! O my friend! Listen, as the bubbles in the water well up and disappear again, so is the (play of the) universe created (by the Lord). ||25|| But, blinded by Maya (from spiritual Life – ਆਤਮਕ ਜੀਵਨ ਵਲੋਂ), the mortal does not think (about the spiritual Life – ਆਤਮਕ ਜੀਵਨ ਬਾਰੇ) at all. (sggs 1427).
In nutshell, the dream is a deceiver. For example, a beggar may become a king in the dream. But upon waking up, he still remains a beggar.

In other words, the dream creates a substitute! That is, a dream can never be fulfilling.

Similarly, this life or this world cannot be fulfilling. For only the Truth or Reality can be fulfilling. Nothing is enough in this life or in this world to fulfill one’s selfish desires or passions.

Accordingly, this world is said to be a dream world, and this life is said to be a dream life. The Gurbani wants to awaken us from this dream state. Why?

The ephemeral nature of our existence should make us ponder about what is really worthwhile to pursue in this dream world. Can all our possessions, wealth, name, fame, etc, be of any consequence after we die? Outside this world all these cannot be of any use to us. While asleep, suppose a king were to dream of himself as a beggar in rags, would his royal status (or affluence) in life help him get a better dress in his dream? Can the water of real life quench the thirst experienced in one’s dream?

Therefore, the True Giaanee (the Wise One, the Gurmukh, the Enlightened, the God-Realized, etc.) looks upon the world as a mere dream, temporary, unreal or Mithiya. He has no doubts about this life or this world. (ਮਿਥਿਆ ਭਰਮੁ ਅਰੁ ਸੁਪਨ ਮਨੋਰਥ ਸਤਿ ਪਦਾਰਥੁ ਜਾਨਿਆ ॥ ਸੁਕ੍ਰਿਤ ਮਨਸਾ ਗੁਰ ਉਪਦੇਸੀ ਜਾਗਤ ਹੀ ਮਨੁ ਮਾਨਿਆ ॥੩॥ (sggs 485).

ਇਹੁ ਸੰਸਾਰੁ ਬਿਕਾਰੁ ਸੰਸੇ ਮਹਿ ਤਰਿਓ ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਗਿਆਨੀ ॥: Ih sansaar bikaaar sanse mahi tario Brham Giaanee: This world is engrossed in Bikaars (evil inclinations: lust, anger, greed, etc.) and cynicism. Only the Brham Giaanee is saved from these (sggs 13).
April 03, 2012 06:33PM
Sometimes Guru Sahib gets rid of our karams through our dreams. For example, if you just did amritvela and go to sleep and then have a dream where you kill someone, it could be that this is a karam that was meant for your future but due to the fact that you japped naam Guru Sahib made it pass in just a dream.

Dreams can also be visions of past karams that you have done or if you are engaged in maya all day then it can be your mind committing more paap while you are asleep.

It is really hard to exactly pinpoint what a specific dream is about without having drib drishti, but we shouldn't pay too much attention to our dreams anyway. We know that even this world in which we think we are awake is just a dream as well, so our goal should be to awaken by japping naam and reading bani.

If you are experiencing dreams that are worrisome then before sleeping do some paath and ardaas for this to not happen anymore and to ask Guru Sahib to make you jap naam even while sleeping. If ardaas is done with full faith then it never goes unheard by Guru Sahib.

Preetam Singh
April 03, 2012 07:08PM
there nothing rong with taking a psychology....ppl can learn on what causes them have dreams, everyone has dreams when they sleep because they go into REM sleep.(aka dream state)

the reason why g singh gets a lot of random dreams is because he doesnt get enough sleep. For example, he wakes up at amritvela which means he disrupts his REM sleep, so when he goes back to sleep after amritvela he goes straight into REM sleep which causes him to "notice" that he has a lot of dreams during this time frame.

I would suggest that after about 40 days your body/brain with adjust to your sleep pattern and the number of dreams you get after amritvela will decrease.

Also, whatever you are doing/thinking throughout the day has an effect on what you dream about.......

I have also heard that w.e you do with an hour or half hour before you go to sleep affects what type of dreams you will have throughout the night.

what preetam singh and ns44 have said is also plausible
April 04, 2012 07:23AM
Dreams are nothing but a curiosity and foolishness of the fickle mind. In no way, do they have anything to do with our *awake* lives. It is the Aborignals of Canada who believe the *dreams* are a reflection of our past, present and future, among other beliefs they aquire, which is the very reason they have not established themselves fundamentally, psychologically and financially. The Native Indians of Canada even up to this day are fighting for land claims and trying to have their views pushed towards the general society, but look at their condition. We Sikhs do not want to end up like the Native Indians by having weird and wacky beliefs that have no place in Sikhi or the general society. I would ask Mr. "Preetam Singh" to back up his claim of "dreams" being a result of some so called *karma*

Thanks.

Daas,
Baask
April 04, 2012 08:49AM
I see this discussion taking turn of what I personally call "Intellecutual Entertainment". With Dear Baask Ji asking Dear Preetam Singh Ji to back up his claim on dreams. Nobody is claiming and everybody is sharing smiling smiley
Let's not become MannMukh to prove ones point of view. Various possibilities are possible because "Saheb Mera Nit Nawa" Only Guru Jee knows best.
April 04, 2012 09:00AM
'Baask' jee, what Preetam Singh jee has stated is correct. Gurbani does not detail everything a Gursikh experiences. Only the basics such as bad karma/paap/mayl is washed away by naam abhiyaas.
April 04, 2012 11:54AM
Thank you everyone, my doubts have been cleared now. What's important is that we just keep doing naam/gurbani with faith and leave the rest to guru sahib.
April 04, 2012 02:35PM
Baask jee please apologize to Pritam singh ji
Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji fateh
April 04, 2012 03:10PM
gurus babiha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Baask jee please apologize to Pritam singh ji
> Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji fateh

NO!
I stand by what I've written. If I had written something anti-Gurmat, then maybe an apology "should've been recommended".
April 04, 2012 04:17PM
Baask jee,

Just as you have asked me to back up my claims that dreams are related to karams, I would first like to ask you a few questions pertaining to this subject.

My first question is this, do you believe that what happens in this karam-bhoomi is due to our previous karams? Do you even believe in karams?

The next question is, if dreams do not have anything to do with karams, then please use gurbani parmans to justify your claims.

The evidence that dreams are related to our karams has been discussed fully through using gurbani pramans extensively in the past on this forum. The below links will shed more light on karams and dreams. If there is still a need to further explain what gurbani says about dreams then please let me know and we can continue this discussion.

Gurbani pramans pertaining to dreams

What do dreams mean to a Gursikh

Preetam Singh
April 05, 2012 10:25AM
Baask jee please apologize to bhai Pritam singh ji.
Vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguruji ki fateh
April 05, 2012 03:21PM
My first question is this, do you believe that
what happens in this karam-bhoomi is due
to our previous karams? Do you even
believe in karams?

No.

In Gurbani, the reference to dreams is used as an indication to our lives. In Salok Mahala 9, Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib ji uses the example of a dream to show the state of our *awake* jeevans. Some Gurbani pangtees come to mind are:

ਪਉੜੀ ||
ਸੁਪਨੇ ਸੇਤੀ ਚਿਤੁ ਮੂਰਖਿ ਲਾਇਆ ||
ਬਿਸਰੇ ਰਾਜ ਰਸ ਭੋਗ ਜਾਗਤ ਭਖਲਾਇਆ ||
ਆਰਜਾ ਗਈ ਵਿਹਾਇ ਧੰਧੈ ਧਾਇਆ ||
ਪੂਰਨ ਭਏ ਨ ਕਾਮ ਮੋਹਿਆ ਮਾਇਆ ||
ਕਿਆ ਵੇਚਾਰਾ ਜੰਤੁ ਜਾ ਆਪਿ
ਭੁਲਾਇਆ ||੮||

In the above Pauri, Shri Guru Arjun Dev ji has used the example of a dream to describe the normal every day to day routine of everyday people who do not remember Vaheguru and are indulged in the tastes of Maya.

Some other that also come to mind:

ਸੁਤੜੇ ਅਸੰਖ ਮਾਇਆ ਝੂਠੀ ਕਾਰਣੇ ||
ਨਾਨਕ ਸੇ ਜਾਗੰਨਿ੍ਹ ਜਿ ਰਸਨਾ ਨਾਮੁ
ਉਚਾਰਣੇ ||੧੩||

Here, Guru Sahib clearly mentions only those are awake in spiritual terms who Name of the Lord on their tongue, and the rest of world is asleep, meaning they have forgotten Vaheguru. So although they are physically awake, they are spiritually asleep because the Lord in not their tongue.
So whenever the example of *dreams* is "sleep" is mentioned in Gurbani, Guru Sahib is really describing the everybody living patterns of the wordly people that forgotten the Lord. The Pangtees that refer to being *awake* describe the situation of those who have not forgotten Vaheguru and keep Him on their Rasnaa. Nowhere do these examples refer to the *dreams* we have when we sleep. So where is the proof of these dreams being a reaction of some so called *karma*???

Daas,
Baask
April 05, 2012 06:58PM
what pritam singh stated is correct
Baask jeo please agree!
April 05, 2012 07:53PM
Baask jee there is no question at all that karams are real, guru sahib has mentioned this many many times in gurbani
karamee aavai kaparraa nadharee mokh dhuaar ||
kaetheeaa karam bhoomee maer kaethae kaethae dhhoo oupadhaes ||
bin gur karam n shhuttasee kehi sun aakh vakhaan ||7||
This is just a few lines, so no question about karams. You are correct in that guru sahib is describing the world as a dream but bhai preetam singh is fully correct about the karams, i cant explain much but maybe bhai sahib will explain more.
April 05, 2012 09:37PM
Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Please read this

[www.gurmatbibek.com]

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!
April 06, 2012 10:45AM
Baask jee,

If you do not believe in the concept of karams, then it is very hard to explain why karams effect our dreams, so I will first try to clear up how gurbani supports the karam theory. I would suggest you read Gurmat Adhiyaatam Karam Philosophy by Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee for more knowledge on karams and there place in gurmat.

Within gurbani there are countless pankti's that use the word karam, but the word is used in different meanings. For the purpose of this discussion we will only be looking at the use of the word karam when it means bhaag, kismat, takdeer.

ਪੂਰਬ ਕਰਮ ਅੰਕੁਰ ਜਬ ਪ੍ਰਗਟੇ ਭੇਟਿਓ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਰਸਿਕ ਬੈਰਾਗੀ ॥

ਪੂਰਬ ਜਨਮਿ ਕਰਮ ਭੂਮਿ ਬੀਜੁ ਨਾਹੀ ਬੋਇਆ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

As you can see from the above two examples, there is some previous karam which causes things to happen. In the first pankti Guru Sahib is saying that when the good karams that we have done in some previous lives awakens, then we meet Akal Purakh and that this meeting is only due to our previous karams and not our own action now. The second pankti is asking the jeev that due to karams done in previous lives, why don't you plant the beej of naam now?

The above two examples are just a sample of the many that there are in gurbani where Guru Sahib makes it clear that there is a system of karams which is in effect. It is due to these karams that everything happens in this world. Very simply put, if you have good karams, then you will get rewards, but if you have bad karams, then you get pain. Throughout our lives we are incurring countless karams based on the actions that we do, and we are also paying off karams at the same time. It is due to this inexhaustible cycle of karams that we are stuck in this world and the only way out is for some extremely good karams to awaken that allow you to meet Satguru Nanak Dev jee. From that point onwards, by japping naam and following gur-hukams the gursikh fully exhausts their previous karams and gets mukhti to go to Sachkhand.

So how does the above effect our dreams? Well the same way that everything in our "wakeful" state happens due to our karams, same way in our "sleeping" state things also happen according to our karams.

For the second part of your post you have said that Guru Sahib calls this whole world a dream, and while this is correct, it is clear that Guru Sahib has also differentiated between being awake and dreaming even within this larger dream. Please consider the following pankti.

ਅਨਦਿਨੁ ਧੰਧੈ ਵਿਆਪਿਆ ਸੁਪਨੈ ਭੀ ਸੁਖੁ ਨਾਹਿ ॥

Satguru jee is saying that a manmukh commits paap all day and night and for that reason even in his dreams he has no sukh. The pivotal word within this pankti for the scope of our discussion is the word ਭੀ. The use of this word denotes that there is wakeful state of the manmukh and dreaming state of the manmukh. This makes it clear that while the whole existence is a dream, even within this dream there are states of being awake and dreaming.

Bhul Chuk Muaaf Karna jee.

Preetam Singh
April 07, 2012 10:35PM
The state of our dreams often determines the state of our waking life. Bad Dreams are the reason why many of us wake up feeling irritated, lethargic, and depressed . Our mind is the battery of our body. The more vain thoughts we have throughout the day the more sleep we need to recharge this battery. This is why many of us need 8 hours to function properly in society. Gurmukhs on the other hand only need around 4 to 5 hours of sleep to function.

Gurmukhs who have given their mind, body , and wealth to GUru Sahib possess no vain thoughts. They need much less sleep then the average man and they always wake up feeling rejuvinated. They sleep peacefully and are never tormented by panj doots in the form of Dreams; instead they sleep in a dreamless state known as "Sukhopat". Sukhopat is a state where one has no dreams in this state the mind only focuses on Guru Jis charan.

ਜਾਗਨ ਤੇ ਸੁਪਨਾ ਭਲਾ ਬਸੀਐ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਸੰਗਿ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
The Dreamstate in which ones is focused on God is even better then the waking state.

It takes many years of Naam Abhyiaas and physical Seva to enter a state of Sukhopat. Jivan Mukhti Gurmukhs above karma always sleep in a state of SUkhopat. Our dreams are mainly the function of our subconscious mind , and the subconscious mind is the result of bad and good karma.

What Maryada has Guru Sahib given us to help us avoid bad Dreams?I think the actions we perform throughout the day and especially before we go to sleep play a pivotal role in the nature of our sleep.

ਪੇਖਤ ਲੀਲਾ ਰੰਗ ਰੂਪ ਚਲਨੈ ਦਿਨੁ ਆਇਆ ॥ ਸੁਪਨੇ ਕਾ ਸੁਪਨਾ ਭਇਆ ਸੰਗਿ ਚਲਿਆ ਕਮਾਇਆ ॥੩॥

Guru Sahib mentions self willed man get infautated by the creation throughout the day instead of the Creator, and when night comes his actions accompany him in his Dreams.Prem Sumarag Granth mentions when one recites Kitan Sohila and then does Naam Abhyiaas before dozing off then ones surtee ( attention) stays awake and this action of Naam Abhyiaas accompanys us in our Dreams. As long as our attention is awake the panj doot have no influence on us. n the Janam Sakhis it is mentioned one who recites Naam Abhyiaas and sings Kirtan Sohila with sangat before going to sleep will receive peace in this world and the next. Our sangat strongly determines our dreams and for this reason we should make efforts to join sangat as much as possilbe through out the week.

Some people of low intelligence think dreams are just fantasies and they mean nothing. THis is far from the truth. Many Gurmukhs have expereinced great heights of spirtiuality through their dreams. Shaheed Bhai Mani SIngh Jis grandson Bhai Desa Singh Ji was on a yatra to the birth place ( patna sahib) of GUru JI. WHile on the yatra Bhai Sahib was reciting Gurmantar, and he decided to rest for awhile. While sleeping Bhai Sahib recieved Partakh Darshan of Guru Gobind SIngh Ji and Guru Sahib talked about Gurmat Maryada including Sri Dasam Granth. We have such similar miracles in modern times. When Bhai Rama SInghs Ji was on his spiritual path seeking the True Guru, he recieved partakh darshan of GUru Gobind Singh Ji and GUru Sahib mentioned Keski rehat to him.When we strive to serve GUru Ji he always blesses us with sweet dreams, and keep us away from bad dreams.

Bhai Rama Singh Ji mentions Dreams are of two types. Bad Dreams and good Dreams. Those who think bad about others get bad Dreams while those who think good of others get good Dreams. Bhai Sahib states, those who think about causing harm to others get scary Dreams. So if we think about doing good to others we will obviously get good Dreams. In a puratan bir there is a rehatnama written by Guru Amar Das Ji which states we should always think about the well being of others. In Suraj Parkash, Guru Arjan Dev Ji mentions one of the signs of a Gurmukh is they always think good of others. The puratan Singhs always had a praupakaree ( altruistic) spirit. They never thought of causing harm on anyone even the smallest insect; instead they always wished well for anyone. In the modern panthic ardas, we state

ਨਾਨਕ ਨਾਮ ਚੜ੍ਹਦੀ ਕਲਾ ਤੇਰੇ ਭਾਣੇ ਸਰਬੱਤ ਦਾ ਭਲਾ
Through the remembrance of his name may all be exalted.

The modern day Ardas is an extension of the puratan prayers existing in hand written gutkey. The ancient night ardas also mentions the well being of others through the remembrance of Gods name.
ਸਰਬ ਪ੍ਰਕਾਰ ਸਹਾਇਤਾ ਕਰਨੀ ਸੁਖ ਹੋਵੇ, ਨਾਮ ਚਿਤ ਆਵੈ
ਸ੍ਰੀ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਤੇਰੀ ਸਰਨਿ. ਦਿਨ ਰਾਖੈ , ਰਾਤਿ ਰਾਖੈ, ਚੰਦ ਸੂਰ ਰਾਖੈ.
ਧਰਤੀ ਮਾਤਾ ਸਦਾ ਰਖੈ, ਕਾਲ ਕੰਟਕ ਦੂਰ
WaaheGuru ! Protect all life, peace will come through remembering your name.Waaheguru, in your sanctuary protect us through Day and Night.Protect the sun, moon, and mother earth. Keep the enemy DEATH ( bad deeds) far from us.

Without the existence of mother earth, the sun and moon, humanity would cease to exist. But without naam we are helpless. Bhai Raam Singh Ji mentions if we memorize bani and recite Naam constantly then the power of Gurbani-Naam accompanies us in our Dreams to the extent we can leave our bodies while sleeping and visit numerous countries in the dream state. May Guru Sahib bless us with the state described in Bhai Gurdas Jis vaar.The state in which we love Naam at all times.

ਜਾਗ੍ਰਤ ਸੁਪਨ ਸੁਖੋਪਤੀ ਉਨਮਨਿ ਮਗਨ ਰਹੈ ਲਿਵਲਾਈ।
Through the waking state, the dream state, the dreamless state, and the ultimate state ( param pad, turiya vasta) they lovingly remember the creator.

One day a Gursikh who use to trade horses and was robbed by some bandits. The Gursikh then approaced Guru Arjan Dev Ji and begged Guru Sahib to give him a bani which would always protect him from bad things. Guru Sahib then prescribed "Rakhyia Shabad" Bani which means Shabad of Protection. Bhai Bidhi Chand put the spiritual power of this bani to test while he was sitting in a hot stove he recited this bani and did not feel any burns from the hot water instead Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji took on the burns himself. Giani Gurbachan SIngh Ji mentions one who recites Rakhyia Shabad before kirtan sohila will not experience bad Dreams. Does this mean one can avoid bad Dreams if they recite Rakhya Shabad, but still watch dirty movies, eating bad food, listen to vulgar music, etc? Of course one has to live the life according to Gurmat in addition to reciting this bani, naam abhyiaas and kirtan sohila before going to sleep then our bad dreams will be replaced by divine dreams.

ਜਾ ਕਉ ਚੀਤਿ ਆਵੈ ਗੁਰੁ ਅਪਨਾ ॥ਤਾ ਕਉ ਦੂਖੁ ਨਹੀ ਤਿਲੁ ਸੁਪਨਾ ॥੨॥
One who remembers his Guru will not face even a small amont of pain in his Dreams.
April 08, 2012 03:58PM
At the local Gurdwara today the raagi singh sang the following Gurbani verses

ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਹੋਇ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਲੁ ਤ ਇਹੁ ਮਨੁ ਲਾਈ ॥
ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਸੇਵਿ ਸਭੈ ਫਲ ਪਾਈ ॥੧॥
ਮਨ ਕਿਉ ਬੈਰਾਗੁ ਕਰਹਿਗਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਮੇਰਾ ਪੂਰਾ ॥
ਮਨਸਾ ਕਾ ਦਾਤਾ ਸਭ ਸੁਖ ਨਿਧਾਨੁ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਸਰਿ ਸਦ ਹੀ ਭਰਪੂਰਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
ਚਰਣ ਕਮਲ ਰਿਦ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਧਾਰੇ ॥
ਪ੍ਰਗਟੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਮਿਲੇ ਰਾਮ ਪਿਆਰੇ ॥੨॥
ਪੰਚ ਸਖੀ ਮਿਲਿ ਮੰਗਲੁ ਗਾਇਆ ॥
ਅਨਹਦ ਬਾਣੀ ਨਾਦੁ ਵਜਾਇਆ ॥੩॥
ਗੁਰੁ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਤੁਠਾ ਮਿਲਿਆ ਹਰਿ ਰਾਇ ॥
ਸੁਖਿ ਰੈਣਿ ਵਿਹਾਣੀ ਸਹਜਿ ਸੁਭਾਇ ॥੪॥੧੭॥

The highlighted verses remind me of a Sakhi from the time of Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji. In GUrbilas it is mentioned that after GUru Sahib did Bhagti for the sake of curing Jahingir from his illness. After forty days Jahangir did not release GUru Ji from the fort. As some days went by Jahangir still seemed indifferent to GUru Jis captivity. BHai Jetha Singh Ji and BHai Pirana SIngh Ji decided to teach Jahangir a lesson. BHai Jetha Singh Ji and BHai Pirana SIngh Ji were devoted GurSIkhs of GUru Ji. They were two of the five Gursikhs who accompanied GUru Arjan DEv Ji to Lahore before GUru Jis shaheedi. They also accompanied Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji to the fort . They were Gursikhs of an extremely high spiritual avastha.

One day in the middle of the night they unnoticebly teleported pass the guards of Jahangir and entered into the room were Jahangir was sleeping. In the form a dream they appeared as lions who leaped at Jahangir in his sleep. DUring this dream , Jahangir woke up in the dream and started crying out for help. He remembered the GUru is at the fort meditating on his behalf so he then started crying to Guru Ji. In a loud voice he said " Sri Hargobind save me. Hurry up and save me from the lions!" In the dream, Guru Ji came all of a sudden and tamed the lions. GUru Ji then disappeared. In a human voice the lions then wanred Jahangir. They said " The GUru has spared you. If you do not free him from the fort then we will not spare your life". Throughout the remaining night Jahangir become full of anxiety. WHen he woke up in the morning he made arrangements to free Guru Ji.

GUrmukhs with the same avastha of Bhai Jetha Ji can easily appear in the dreams of manmukhs like Shiv Seena and scare the life out of them, but such powers do not please Guru Ji. WHen we please Guru Ji a day will come when Khalsa JI will see GUru Ji while awake and while sleeping. WHen Khalsa reaches such a state then panth dokis like Shiv Seena will have no effect on the panth.

ਗੁਰੁ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਤੁਠਾ ਮਿਲਿਆ ਹਰਿ ਰਾਇ ॥
ਸੁਖਿ ਰੈਣਿ ਵਿਹਾਣੀ ਸਹਜਿ ਸੁਭਾਇ ॥੪॥੧੭॥
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login