ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sikhi, the test with pre-given answers

Posted by GurmanSingh 
Daas has had a few University exams where the teachers give the answers to questions before the test, and all one has to do is memorize the answers before coming to the exam. For some reason, its these tests which so many people do poorly on. The material ends up being so much that people don't get time to memorize it in time. People, Daas especially, will leave studying to a few hours or days before the test, when there is not a lot of time left to memorize. They do this thinking that since they already have the answers, there is no need to plan for the test more time than it is needed, they think that they will be able to memorize the answers when there is only a few hours left before exam. Unfortunately, when the time draws closer to the exam, tension begins to build up. Wasting so much, one is forced to cram all the pre-given answers into their head within a few hours. All the answers are not memorized in time. When time for the exam comes, they look at the test, and realize that the teacher did not lie, in fact, the questions are exactly the same as he said they would be. As the student franticlly begins writing, he looks over at the questions, thinking "I know this, but didn't have time to cover it!" After the test is done, they regret not taking more time to memorize the answers. If they had spent a few more days in advance, then instead of failing, they would have easily achieved a 100%. The most hurtful part is knowing that we had the ability to get that 100%.

In the same way, this life is a test that we have all the pre-written answers too. All the answers we need to achieve mukhti are found through Guru Sahib. We know that by following all of hukams of Guru Sahib, we will achieve Bramgyan. However, many times people use the excuse, " I will follow Gurmat when I am older." "I will follow Sikhi when I have time"People want to "enjoy" maya, and think that all of a sudden, before death, they will be able to do enough naam/bani to receive Mukhti. Its only when we start so late in our lives, that we realize how much time we wasted. In the end, when we die, we only go to Akal Purakh's Darbar, to realize that we wasted so much precious time. We realize that everything that Guru Sahib had said was true, and actually does happen. We regret that we didn't take enough time to "memorize" the "answers" Guru Sahib gave us, and live a Gursikhi jeevan. The most hurtful part, is knowing that if we had followed Guru Sahib, we would have attained the ultimate state of bliss. We fail the test of life, only to come back, and write it over and over again.

Its about time that this test comes to an end. Lets achieve that 100%, and not let any time be wasted. The answers to life are right in front of us, all we need to do is live by them. Do not let a dhil come in your rehit. Do not miss an amritvela. Do not let the punj vikars enter your mind. Seek help from your fellow Gursikh students, and help plant those answers to life inside your heart. In this way, we will pass the test of life, and never have to through the pain and agony of studying for it over and over again.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Great Post
Good article!

We must not fail this test of life and as Gurman Singh stated, we should score full marks.

Kulbir Singh
great stuff- i fail the test miserably mostly every evening before i goto sleep and i ask the following:

i ask the ears - what dirt have you listened to to ignored or taken in as hearsay?
i ask the eyes - where are u gazing at - what beauty this world - how much did you take in as real - it's jut a dream?
i ask the hands - what is it you did today that is not according to sikhe- did you write a stupid email or hurt someone somehow?
i ask my feet - which way did you go and take this body - did you take it to Gurdwara everyday or not?
i ask my nose - what food did you smell that you went into tearing it apart with your teeth and overeating it as you know you shouldn;t?
i ask my mind - did you question yourself today -or just followed the normal routine - no change -as patterns and routine the mind loves and gets attacthed to them no swet - creates a habit - whch then creates character -- no wonder the mind loves it

man it's a real hard test
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login